u will be surprised to know that it can support microSD memory slot upto 8gb
This phone is more like an N82 downgraded.
I bet by the time this phone gets released the N82 will be cheaper than this and I won't pay more bill for an N82 downgraded.
I heard this unit is coming out in the 3rd quarter of this year. We'll see how it performs before I post my comments. Good luck!
I agree with dan. Putting a 1200maH battery should prove quite helpful. Plus it has almost all the features of n96, but the n96 goes for 550euros as compared with the n78. Either way, i thnk both phones are fabulous. Big up to nokia.
By the way, when i say 'those who held it', i mean those at the MWC congress in February. Plus the price is not that bad (350 euros for a phone blessed with almost all the features u can think of). I might just get one. I wil however wait for the GSMARENA team to review it. Their reviews usually reflect the real deal for original mobile handsets.
This phone wil become a bestseller. It may even outsell the highly succesful n73. Why?
1. A fast processor just like the 5700 xpressmusic and 6120 classic. This means a good quick user interface.
2. Music hardware and software that is identical to the n81. This means good quality music with plenty of bass. There is also 24 music playback and an FM Transmitter.
3. A 3.2mp carl zeiss camera with autofocus, flash and can record videos at 640 * 480 in MPEG 4 format.
4. A very good battery that no other nokia Nseries has (or any other nokia).
5. A 2.4 inch QVGA color display of up to more than 16 million colors.
6. Connection mediums of all manners, including Wi-fi and HSPDA.
8. Also worth mentioning is the photo samples by the GSMARENA Team (who seem to have a habit of posting many photo samples of good camera phones). My guess is that they were pleased with the results. The pictures indeed look great, crisp and clear.
9. Finally, for those who say the keypad is questionable, i read some comments posted by people who were lucky enough to hold it at the MWC in February. They say it is not as bad as it looks. I guess looks can be decieving.
This looks like one of the best all round phones nokia has ever produced. Good job Nokia.
please ... who is biggest screen n78 or n73 .. waiting yr answer.. tnx
yes I Agree, cause I had N82 and I had problem With the Keys! and this is the bad phone too
is it 10 h mp3 playback ?
will it have the tv out option ?
i would get 2 extra bettery and car chargers
no matter what phone u use
some features uses more battery
i'm very please to know nokia is giving attention to FM transmitter system....this phone is going to be a big hit with people(music lovers)finally we can crank up our
stereos like good old times...hehe
Its really good & fine. if it cum 2 the market its very easy to sell and get good name frm bharath & sulaimaan sir. cum soon n78
by the time this is released, the price of n82 would have droped considerably..then the n82 and n78 would be almost the same price
it seems that keypad was not design for the boys, it so small and difficult to navigate, and no xenon flash, i hope nokia will release a phone that has more feature that we expected, anyway goodluck for n78....
will direct exposure to bright sunlight damage the n78's camera lens? because i see that it does not have a lens cover, and i live in the tropics where sunlight is very intense..
i am not a Nokia fanboy but i can say that this mobile has a lot of things to offer. I think it's wrong to compare this handset to other Nokia phones especially N8xx series.
But in my opinion this is will replace N73 as a competitive candy bar form factor with lots of cool features and it does!
Now i wonder when will Sony Ericsson be releasing something that can at least compete with the current lineup of Nokia.. WHEN??!!!
what are you all talking about with the buttons? not a single one of you has used this phone. it's like saying you don't like the steering wheel of a car you have never driven. what's the point? no one is going to listen to your complaints. you think nokia engineers come to gsmarena every day and check what you're saying? stop wasting server space...
What do u expect from a n7x series , aren't u pleased by the :
GPS, wifi , 3.2mp , 3.5 mm . . . This features are no bluetooth or wap. I don't realy see any reason of buying a n82 that has only a higher gprs class and a better camera , and for all that u must pay twice as much as for this phone. it's up to u