own a N79 and these are the pitfalls with it.
1) Camera clarity is not so good in low light (There is a slight gap between the flash and the lens which makes the flash light fall on the lens)
2) You can’t get still images with your camera in N79. (Every time you try to click a moving object you’ll get the trail of the object in the photo)
3) Gets Struck if fully loaded with data/content in memory card.
4) Wall paper cannot be seen on the whole screen. (Need to create your own theme using that wallpaper to get on full screen).
5) Keypad is a bit slippery (wrong key can be pressed while you are typing a message)
6) The back panel makes small sounds while phone usage (not loud though.. but you can’t ignore it J)
7) Loaded with Maps 2.0 which is not up to the mark.
8) The preloaded themes are not so good compared to default themes in other nokia phones
9) The sound from the speakers is not loud enough.
Some good features
1) The camera clarity in video mode is really good.
2) The multimedia key on the keypad is really handy.
3) The 5 MP camera is really handy as a digital camera in day light.
4) The breathing navigation wheel is really cool. J
5) The N-gage gaming with motion sensor is good.
6) With a good network provider (in terms of browsing costs) you can turn your N79 into a mini laptop.
7) WLAN is good.
8) Inbuilt FM transmitter works perfectly within 10-15 feet range.
9) Preloaded oxford dictionary with updates is good.
10) Mail client is good to keep an eye on mails.
11) Many 3rd party applications can be installed and used with ease.
thanks for answering my questions. I will buy this phone next week XD. I have 1 more question. Can it record Videos in WIDESCREEN? Like 5800XpressMusic? I know It can record up to 30fps but 5800 can record on widescreen mode..
Anil, 20 Aug 2009Can any body help me in resolving following issue I am facing with N79?
1. I want to edit m... morehi Anil hope u r fine,
man the first issue must be resolved if u use pc suite i hope, because i didnt explore this thing.
secondly music player only allows u to open all songs or play list etc so if u want to play files from certain folder it would be better to make play list of that folder.
thirdly this phone get better option instead of goto which is available through searching option.
Arjun, 26 Aug 2008woohoo!! everything that the n82 has(no auto rotate but has fm transmitter) and this ones way ... moreit has auto rotate as well... the only difference is the flash... zenon was way better but except for that n79 is better... i used n82 for 9 months and am using n79 for 4 months... i just loved the zenon flash of n82. alas nokia doesnt like zenon coz it consumes a lot of the battery... except for zenon the n79 is far better than n82... tnx.
Can any body help me in resolving following issue I am facing with N79?
1. I want to edit my n79 address book from PC. I have connected n79 to PC using USB and selected nokia PC suite option in the phone. But the Nokia OVI pc suite (which I got along with n79) shows only memory card contents. How I can do this?
2. I have copied mp3 file into music folder in the memory card of n79. Folder structure I copied is
Memory card --> music --> mp3 folders --> mp3 files
But the music player having only options artist, albums, play lists etc. Which does not contains my folder list. But contains my music files in a shuffled manner in the different options artist, albums, play lists etc. How I can select the folder as I copied in to mem card and select folders to play as what we do for wwinamp/windows media player?
3. Is it possible to set goto option in the left side short cut button? (This option is available in 6070 which I was using earlier)
Thanks in advance
If theme effects turned off, it works faster and does not hang.
CONFUSED , 19 Aug 2009hi guys I want to clear up some things about n79, Ive read many reviews on the net and is said... moreDon't worry guy, no more probs in N79 with the latest firmware. Every phone has bugs in thier software even the flagship N97 is really buggy. Look the samsung omnia i900 is really a bug Palace lot n lot of bugs..
I think nokia is the only company to produce lots of
S/W update for their products..Nokia always head to glory,
if u want to switch to the memory card of higher capacity then go for the genuine one which is of nokia, but if its expensive or whatever then i recommend u to buy high speed cards for example kingston high speed cards are available at my place, i found it important ant it matters alot most of the time. (abstaining from thorough explaination)
Ankita, 19 Aug 2009How can v format phone memory...? i have many unwanted application on it... memory available i... morehi ankita, if u want to format ur n79 then plz do follow the steps.
switch of ur phone, after doing this u have to press three buttons simultanously.
1. call recieving button (green one)
2. staric (*)
3. 3 (number three button)
keep all pressed and while pressing all switch on the phone and let all the four buttons be pressed f0r 3 or 4 seconds, after few second u will be asked to set region and date time etc,
second question was about readiness of sms through pc, install pc suit 7 or something version from nokia web but not OVI suite, becase i didnt find that option in OVI suite, in this way u can easily access ur sms through pc, i hope this all will help u thanks
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970go for n79 cause its far much better for so many reason, check specs for both phones. goodluck
anurag, 19 Aug 2009i hve just bought an N79 but wen i take pics indoors wid flash d pics appear 2 be yellowish...... morehi buddy, u dont have to b so much worried about it bcause i have tested lot of phones but they all have the same problem but only when u take snaps while using its flash, the reason i understand is the position of dual LED which exactly strike to the yellow pad which is exactly beneath the camera shutter, if u use any other lightening source u will never experience the sama problem and same happened when u make videos with flash enable mode, thanks
anurag, 19 Aug 2009i hve just bought an N79 but wen i take pics indoors wid flash d pics appear 2 be yellowish...... moreCheck the latest update available at http://www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update
Kannan, 17 Aug 2009I am from India. I am using N79. The current firmware version is 11.049. But when I try to upg... moreCheck if there's a new update using the procedure mentioned at http://www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update
i hve just bought an N79 but wen i take pics indoors wid flash d pics appear 2 be yellowish........can ne1 tell me y it happens?
wat is d latest firmware version 4 d phone?
seshu, 19 Aug 2009can anyone please tell me which is a better phone E71 or N79....i want an all round phone whi... moreThey both cater to different needs. One is a business phone aka e71 and the other is a Multimedia phone.