I have a choice of buying n85, n79 or innov8. Which one is the best??
my n79 had less lagging during menu change after update firmware to version 20.175
just want to share my exp, in case anyone have it too.
problem when using music player,it showed general system error. somebody suggested to me problem due to mem card error, probably not properly formatted, causing error when player reads data (my mp3s) from mem card. problem solved after reformat the memory card.
btw, i copied all memcard content to pc using mass storage mode, then copy it back after format. everything seems intact,no need to reinstall program.
this is my best phone so far.it has all the nice features you'd want from phone these days.
if anyone thinking of buying it,then just buy it!
i am using Nokia N79 its just an awesome phone...... but i am facing a problem of low phone memory. free memory is just 27MB.... where as the phone memory is 83 MB... i installed many themes... might be installation files have taken that memory but i hv deleted all the themes but still my phone memory didn't increase... when i am checking the details phone memory it shows 48MB in use n 28MB free 20MB SIS Application 28MB Other files.... where i never keep anything in the phone memory... except contacts.... can any one suggest wht cn i do to increase my phone memory.....
mk, 29 Jun 2009how uprage the version?can tell me more?cos my phone is facing slowly problem...i really need ... moreits has two ways to update : 1. at the standby mode press *#0000# and it will show your vrsion is 10.after that press options and select check for updates(it use internet) after that i suggest you used your wi-fi to update your software and that's all
2. connect usb cable to phone and computer and then go to nokia website and click at download software,after that you are in the download software menu select device software update and after that it comes with list of phone you click on n 79 images and you download the software updater. after download double click at nokia software updater and follow the instruction and volla your device is updated!
new version is version 20. sumting sumting. i forgot. so you choose either of it. welcome
anyone of you out there who is most willing to post the difference between the previous and latest firmware version? please....thanks...
nokia n79 user, 23 Jun 2009hello all,i'mgonna make a review of nokia n79, my first n series.(true story i swear) lets sta... morehow uprage the version?can tell me more?cos my phone is facing slowly problem...i really need ur help...thanks^^
Raj, 29 Jun 2009Hi all I have been using the phone for 4 months now. It is reall good and fast and there is... moreso can i upgrade the firmware 20.175?just download the firware or?can teach me some?cos my phone(n79)facing slowly problem...thanks...
Raj, 29 Jun 2009Hi all
I have been using the phone for 4 months now. It is reall good and fast and there is... moreGood to hear Raj,
can you please post about the RAM of this phone. I mean how many MBs is it in total and how much is free after boot.
Jai Zero, 26 Jun 2009To those who have this phone (or tested it), how is the performance of the camera?
Is it slo... moreHi all
I have been using the phone for 4 months now. It is reall good and fast and there is absolutely no problem with the phone. The firmware of the phone had some initial problem. Nokia n79 was launched with 10.version which was updated to 11. version 3 months back. The phone hangs at times with no apparent reaso and the zooming of pictures was slow and the phone was real slow. However nokia has rectified all the issues in the firmware update launched last month. The recent version is 20.175 and the phone is fast and has no problems. The camera quality is ok and fine with most users. The flash is sufficient enough to get a ok night mode picture.
Everyone who want to get this phone can go ahead without any hesitation. 1st thing to get done is a upgrade of firmware to the latest 20.175.
hei, do you guy know how to upgrade the latest firmware because im really new about to upgrade the latest firmware....because my friend say that our phone will become really slow if we do not upgrade correctly...is that true????
kodn, 26 Jun 2009i'm a poor(poor in funds) student who is trying to save some cash to be abLe to buy this phone... moreHi kodn,
I don't know why you said N5320 was evil....bad evil or good evil???
N5320 is not the best phone. N5320 cannot be compared with N79 as they are different class. BUT:
1. N5320 has the same processor as N79.
2. N5320 has 125Mb memory build in, which only around 30-35Mb used by Nokia's software. So you have around 90Mb free.
4. N5320 has the same 3G quality and speed as N79.
5. N5320 has the same symbian as N79. (i.e. Symbian 3.2 FP2)
6. N5320 has dual LED flash, just like N79.
7. N5320 has special tombol for N-Gage.
8. N5320 is far away from expensive price.
The weakness of N5320 are the small display, no WIFI, below quality camera and standard battery.
So...N5320 is not bad at all, it is good evil, the step-brother of N79!
hello everyone, to day i'm gonna make a review of this phone. this is tthe first n series that i've ever used. i used almost 1 and a half months now.( true story) i'll start with pros:
1. awsome audio quality! i mean when i fully volumed the sound there's no distortion at all. its like using an xpress music!its clear bass,treble and vocal just like my 5800(my second phone)
2. the navi wheel is the best of all nokia phone that supports navi wheel such as n 85,n 81 and n78.its easy because of a flat d pad and its fully responsive.my cuz used n 78 and the navi wheel suck. its hard to soft touch wheel when using n 78. n81 also is not the best either.
3. responsive and fast auto rotate. the auto rotate is even faster than my friend sony erricson w 902 and my second handphone nokia 5800
4.the camera, for me this is one of a best camera quality i've ever used( well this is my first 5 megapixel phone after all) but it beat my friend c902 and w 902 and k 850
5.gallery is nice. when you want to scroll the phto just navi wheel it or you want to see a full screen mode you just rotate the phone.
6. texting messages is awsome. the keypad is easy to type not like n 78. the placing button is also easy to use
7. it has tons of application such as quick office and many more but i've never used them cuz i dunno how
8. wi fi and gps signal is great. i live at 5th floor i get almost 11 or 12 wireless internet.
9.reasonable price. in malaysia it cost about 1499(nokia original store)
10. the fm transmitter has a best signal than n 78.
1. although audi quality is impressive but its not too loud. my old nokia 5320(one speaker) even louder than this phone( n 79 is stereo and its supposed to be loud)
2. did i mention the camery quality is awsome? actually only in daylight or when you catch photo in short dstance. when long distance at top of the photo when using flash there's a reflection of flash on top make it the upper part of photo is bright. i noticed why is happened like that because between the flash and lens camera it has a metal gap. no woner it gaves refelction when catch hoto in the dark
3. auto rotate and navi wheel some times lag. update the sofware
so thaht s all
Is is truth that pictures are so bad? I mean don't compare them to a normal camera. Is the quality closer to N82 or the likes. I am not searching for a cameraphone but the pictures must be OK. Are there any fw updates that improve even a little the img quality?
I have had this phone for 7 months. It's good but as the GSM Arena review says: If you want an excellent camera phone, this one is not for you.
Pictures are sometimes OK, Sometimes bad and very few times good. Indoor pictures are not usable at all!
It's a shame because if this phone had a good camera would be the best ever!
All other features are excellent!
knggpnn, 26 Jun 2009I am going to buy this phone. In this price range i cannot find any alternatives that have wi-... moreYou choose. Its a personal thing. The perfect mobile does not exist and never will. Nokia and all the others will keep it that way for obvious reasons. MPs are gr8 gagets and we are all adicted to em.
I am going to buy this phone. In this price range i cannot find any alternatives that have wi-fi, gps, OS and nice camera except n95(old, big), g810(big, heavy i not good-looking). There's only n95 8gb which I think is not comfortable to carry in a pocket. I only hesitate between e66 and n79. E66 has a relly poor camera and lacks the 3.5mm jack but has a great looks. Which one is better?