hello everyone, to day i'm gonna make a review of this phone. this is tthe first n series that i've ever used. i used almost 1 and a half months now.( true story) i'll start with pros:
1. awsome audio quality! i mean when i fully volumed the sound there's no distortion at all. its like using an xpress music!its clear bass,treble and vocal just like my 5800(my second phone)
2. the navi wheel is the best of all nokia phone that supports navi wheel such as n 85,n 81 and n78.its easy because of a flat d pad and its fully responsive.my cuz used n 78 and the navi wheel suck. its hard to soft touch wheel when using n 78. n81 also is not the best either.
3. responsive and fast auto rotate. the auto rotate is even faster than my friend sony erricson w 902 and my second handphone nokia 5800
4.the camera, for me this is one of a best camera quality i've ever used( well this is my first 5 megapixel phone after all) but it beat my friend c902 and w 902 and k 850
5.gallery is nice. when you want to scroll the phto just navi wheel it or you want to see a full screen mode you just rotate the phone.
6. texting messages is awsome. the keypad is easy to type not like n 78. the placing button is also easy to use
7. it has tons of application such as quick office and many more but i've never used them cuz i dunno how
8. wi fi and gps signal is great. i live at 5th floor i get almost 11 or 12 wireless internet.
9.reasonable price. in malaysia it cost about 1499(nokia original store)
10. the fm transmitter has a best signal than n 78.
1. although audi quality is impressive but its not too loud. my old nokia 5320(one speaker) even louder than this phone( n 79 is stereo and its supposed to be loud)
2. did i mention the camery quality is awsome? actually only in daylight or when you catch photo in short dstance. when long distance at top of the photo when using flash there's a reflection of flash on top make it the upper part of photo is bright. i noticed why is happened like that because between the flash and lens camera it has a metal gap. no woner it gaves refelction when catch hoto in the dark
3. auto rotate and navi wheel some times lag. update the sofware
so thaht s all
i love this phone a lot...hey..hey..hooray
Is is truth that pictures are so bad? I mean don't compare them to a normal camera. Is the quality closer to N82 or the likes. I am not searching for a cameraphone but the pictures must be OK. Are there any fw updates that improve even a little the img quality?
I have had this phone for 7 months. It's good but as the GSM Arena review says: If you want an excellent camera phone, this one is not for you.
Pictures are sometimes OK, Sometimes bad and very few times good. Indoor pictures are not usable at all!
It's a shame because if this phone had a good camera would be the best ever!
All other features are excellent!
kodn, 26 Jun 2009i'm a poor(poor in funds) student who is trying to save some cash to be abLe to buy this phone... moreby the time u save money i think the world will end hahahahha
knggpnn, 26 Jun 2009I am going to buy this phone. In this price range i cannot find any alternatives that have wi-... moreYou choose. Its a personal thing. The perfect mobile does not exist and never will. Nokia and all the others will keep it that way for obvious reasons. MPs are gr8 gagets and we are all adicted to em.
I am going to buy this phone. In this price range i cannot find any alternatives that have wi-fi, gps, OS and nice camera except n95(old, big), g810(big, heavy i not good-looking). There's only n95 8gb which I think is not comfortable to carry in a pocket. I only hesitate between e66 and n79. E66 has a relly poor camera and lacks the 3.5mm jack but has a great looks. Which one is better?
i'm a poor(poor in funds) student who is trying to save some cash to be abLe to buy this phone.. sadLy, perhaps by the time i have saved enough cash, its production wiLL be stopped...
5320 is eviL, hoho
sxe, 25 Jun 2009i have version 11.049 firmware on this phone n79 and i wana instal new 20.178 something like t... morehi,
its better u instal update by using mobile.
it will ask for net conection
its better you use wirless conection.
othervise use your service provider,s net.
through mobile update file will near about
while if you ,ll update through pc then it will be near about 129Mb.
To those who have this phone (or tested it), how is the performance of the camera?
Is it slow to take pictures?
And does zooming take a long time as well?
How about browsing pictures, does it lag?
I'm really planning to buy this phone soon, so I want to know how it performs in user's hands.
Rich, 22 Jun 2009Hi, Noticed fm Service provider(Singapore)that N79 has "No Stock" for sometimes & no furthe... moreTill today, I've heard fm another provider that Stock was discontinue due to low sales.......so sad.
i have version 11.049 firmware on this phone n79 and i wana instal new 20.178 something like thath and i dl thath version and when i instaling thay doesnt work some1 explain me how i instal?!
Sahil, 19 Jun 2009hye i m using n79 since one month but still i dant know how to remove themes installed on memo... moreFor removing a theme installed in a memory card you should go to application manager and either remove it or un-install it.
Sahil, 19 Jun 2009hye i m using n79 since one month but still i dant know how to remove themes installed on memo... moreIts easy just go onto the Tools or Settings an find the Application Manager an it will show all the Applications on your phone or memory card an just press uninstall an the themes should be removed if you saved them on your memory card
Can some1 tell me the real cpu speed of n79, 192mhz or 369mhz ? Please check in x-plore ! Now I own n78 (x-plore show only 192mhz) and it realy very slow like n73 !
Coz now i want to buy n79 ... !
hi , i would like to noe which is more preferable. n79 or n85? cant make up my mind :/
Anonymous, 19 Jun 2009Hi there.. I just mhant to know if u can ajust the font size to small,medium and large. pl... moreYes, you can alter font size.
Hi guys, I am from India and quite satisfied with my phone (not completly though coz nothing in this world can be perfect as u wished it to be).
I own the silver N79 and i want to get the black panel/xpress-on cover for it.
Is it possible to change the front panel. If yes please let me know where i can get it from (i mean any site where i can place the order or any shop in Delhi).
Thanks in advance
hello all,i'mgonna make a review of nokia n79, my first n series.(true story i swear) lets start with pros:
1.the audio quality is really i mean really great! better than my old 5320 xpress music.
2. nice camera. even sony c902 lose its camera quality.
3.the best navi wheel than any other nokia support navi wheel such as n81 n78 and n85
4.big screen,better quality!
5. the video recording is great. is like holding a video cam
6. very easy to write message using a keypad,i don't understand why some of people complain about keypad.
7.wifi signal is really great. and also the gps signal.
8.nice auto rotate. the gallery is also nice.
9.nice changeble xpress on cover. you can change your back cover anytime.(cause you get free 3 color)
10.rich application installed in this phone.
11. reasonable price.
1. hangups and lagging(maybe because i drop my phone few days a go. ithink almost 5 feet)but after update new software. no hangups and lagging anymore
2.the music is good quality but not loud.(its stereo and its supposed to be loud.)
3.auto rotate sometime doesnt respond.if doesnt respond turn off your handset or just update your software all this things will gone
4.battery last only 1 and a half day! maybe you should charge battery 8 hours first when you buy this phone( i didn't do that so serves me right)
5.game n gage is just trial not full
so everyone, this is a highly recommended phone. all hang ups and lagging will gone after you update from version 10 to version 20. so i hope you enjoy my review see ya
hi am from india . this is very bad mobile i have bought in my life in 4 months i got lots of problems with this set i reall hate nokia's all product bcoz of this mobile. in future i will never go with nokia
Log in I forgot my password Sign up