It is a wonderful phone. I am using it for the last 3 months.
Except for the Call / Cancel buttons which are small, there is no issue i have faced yet.
for those doubting the n79 petrol black, please click on this link for more information thank you!
i own a nokia n79, i have problems using it initially as enumerated below:
1. screen freezes at times specially when locking/unlocking the keypad
2. data transfer from pc to phone and vice versa is very confusing
3. unit is not compatible with all charger of the same kind, does not work with my friends charger for her n79.
4. when the scree auto rotates, it takes about 5-7 seconds before it rotates back to it's standard screen view.
but, so far this is the best n-series cellphone released by nokia. there is no black version of this. there are only two colors, the white and the grey units. whoever says that they own a black unit is definitely lying!. that person probably owns a n78. comparing it to the n82 unit, this is more compact as it weighs much less. and the design is sleeker. but if you are after a bigger memory capacity, then n82 is the fone for you.
will all the apps and themes made for s60v3 work on this phone coz its a fp2 device...also can some one let me know if its true tat the speed of this device is slow compared to n82...pls some one tell me..i love this cutie and wanna buy this rather thana bulky n82....
Md Akhtar , 22 Feb 2009i want 2 know nokia n79 good n bad information about n 79 plzzz help me for thisI like nokia but I am not undersand which one better for me
What is going on with all you people who post here, some people say its got 96mb of ram and others say its got 128mb of ram, someone who owns this phone please get yourself jbak or taskman and tell us how much ram its got
i've had this phone for about a month now.
i've upgraded over the air without any problems.
so far i've only experienced 2 problems with it:
1. sometimes the screen freezes when unlocking using the keypad. i then have to take the battery out for it to work again. but i haven't experienced this yet when using the unlock switch on top.
2. there was one time when the built in web browser hanged after i lost the WLAN connection. i could still use the phone (sms, calls, camera, etc.) but i couldn't end the web browser application. i had to turn the phone off (the normal way) and on again to close the application.
other than these 2, no problems so far.
camera works great. so far no wearing yet, except for a few scratches on the bottom on the shiny silver part of the phone. some creaking, but nothing bad.
over-all it's a great phone. very useful and easy to use.
answer me!!!!, 21 Feb 2009hey man i really love the icons on the new nokias....like 5800xpress music.can i put them on n... moreNo. The 5800 menu icons are exclusive only for S60 5th edition phones like 5800 and N97. Newest S60 3rd edition fp2 phones like N86 and 5630 also have that icons.
Anshul, 22 Feb 2009I want to know which color is more good looking, canvas white or seal greay, I am gonnat buy t... moreThink good cause grey version has violet colour of keylight. A little bit girlish IMO.
White edition has white keylights.
Stupid but... IMO better is grey version but if you can change a keylights.
to na you where asked where you got the black one from its not a suprise that you have gone quiet lol seeing as your a lier its not available in black , and this phone ive had no problem at all , and gsm area when you know someone like na is not telling the truth you should barr them for good from your sight
I want to know which color is more good looking, canvas white or seal greay, I am gonnat buy this phone today in evening suggest
i want 2 know nokia n79 good n bad information about n 79 plzzz help me for this
hi has anyone tried to update the nokia n79 via nokia updater and done it? ive tried many times and i fails to update it. doe anyone know how?