It has fantastic design. But it seems to be poor because it has lot's of bug.
i buy n79 before one week and i give to my friend free becouse it,s a very bad mobile from nokia i heat this mobile.
Anonymous, 23 Nov 2008very poor photo qulity picture when u see on pc. face or skin tone comes yellow sting when u s... moreI do not agree, it takes pics best i8n daylight and even in the night the closer objects with dual led are sufficiently seen..taking pictures is subjective, if you are good enough in photography you can well use a 2 MP camera. Steadyness, light facing, shutter pressing at the nick of time are all the essential factors for taking a pic. I have taken so far 50 pictures each sizes for 2-1.5 MB, much much less noise, and sharp.
very poor photo qulity picture when u see on pc. face or skin tone comes yellow sting when u see photograph on pc. yellow clour is very prominating that if u take photograph of yellow wall the other wall which is not yellow also looks yellow. when u take photograph in yellow or bulb it is horrible. also the keypad is very inconvinent. the menu key and cancel is in such a odd position that so many times u press back key and u find that u have press c key.
only good feature is fm tranmition function. but when u are buying 5 mp camara mobile with such price its not worth at this price instead n 82 is much better choice
well thats gr8 looking phone frends...but i want to know about little about it..has it contain feature of "cut,copy,paste"??
has it contain smooth zooming?
thankx for reply in advance
After 3 years of being an SE fanboi and having a horrible experience using the hellishly slow k850i, i finally decided to go nokia. I hae a tough time deciding between the n82 and the n79. In the end, after about a week of research and a day of toying around with both phones, I made my decision. I'm posting this from my new n79. Here's why I bought it:
1) looks. The n82 looks like a mean hypertechno thing out of some scifi movie, with it's angles and edges in the design. While I like it, i'd still rather have a roads looking thing that performs just as well. The n79 looks sweet. It's smooth, and shiny, and well balanced. Typing is a tad uncomfortable coz of my large hands, but this beats using the tiny buttons of the k850i anyday.
2) bling. The new feature pack2 on the n79 makes the UI more fun to use. Also, fp2 is supposedly got better wlan functionality with native wifi support.
3) speed. In general, there is little difference between the responsiveness of botha phones. Infact, it pretty much boiled down to the classic debate about core2duo at lower prefer vs p4 at higher speeds. Now most applications won't really be optimised for use of the n82's special dual core architecture. The few ngage games that do don't hold that much interest for me. They look nice on the n79 as well. So i went for the faster single core chip on the n79.
4) fm transmitter. The indian version of the n79 ships with a functional FM transmitter. I'd heard rumors of it being disabled in some countries due to broadcasting laws and such. But it's working just fine for me. Great for car rides with the family.
5) bundled expresson covers. My package came with white, brown, and red coloured back panels. It's nice to colour coordinate my phone with my clothes.
6) 4gb memory card in the package came with Ministry of Sound audio and video content. Sweetness to the max.
7) price. The n79 cost me Rs.800 more. I think that's about 16 or 17 USD. Not at all a bad deal.
The first thing I did when I got the phone was do an over the air update of my firmware. I haven't had any problems using the phone save for when my apps get closed when I accidentally hit the red button. :( I'd hoped that by now, nokia would have put some kind of prompt on it confirming the forced exit.
All in all, a great phone. I think it just might be today what the n73 was a few years ago.
Vaibhav +91-99-1717-, 22 Nov 2008Hi, Buddy, currently, Nokia N79 is available in two colors Gray and White. The Gray color v... moreIt is quite funny though, I got a friend to buy the N79 overseas for me and I asked for the white phone. When she gave it to me and I opened the box, instead of blue, green and brown (like I expected) I found red, white and brown instead! I love the white on white and brown looks great. Haven't dared to try red yet though! =)
Just got this phone a couple of days ago; out of the 5 or so phones I've had before this (3 of them being Nokias) this one is definitely the BEST! I am in love with it! It's both fabulous on the inside and outside.x
Ia m sorry Arif to know what happened with your handset, I have no problem with annoying memory full display with phone memory. Infact very few N79 handsets show this problems, generally newer Nseries phones have this problem rarely rather than occasionally.
I have two bugs so far:
1. The song stops playing back while it is supposed to be played unlimited time in repeat only the song mode.
2. The Real Player still rarely shows blank screen while playing videos.
Zaheed, I do not use FB these days, I keep your address, and as soon as I install Yahoo IM, I'll add you and start chatting, cheers with N79!!!
Hey...can anyone tell me whether smiley can be used in text msgs?
If yes, then what settings have to be changed?
Bill, 22 Nov 2008Mate, I'm sorry your having problems with the N79. However, that's what one gets when one buys... moreright, i even waited 4 1year to buy n82 (d bes) for stable firmware and CHEAPER huhauahuhauhahuaha don even try 2 buy it at d 1st time launch 2bd
E71 and N79 have the same processor speed and the same capabilities except for the camera, as long as they share the same price, I prefer to buy the N79. second, the buttons of e71 are really small. any opinion please reply
Rahul, 22 Nov 2008Nokia has again managed to come up with Failure Nseries N79. Although the look is awesome can'... moreMate, I'm sorry your having problems with the N79. However, that's what one gets when one buys a new phone when it's first released. I never, ever buy a new phone right after it's initial release. I wait at least six months for them to made revisions to the hardware and to release new firmware before buying.
zaheed, 22 Nov 2008hey man my problem just solved!dont know how! and let me tell u 1 thing!install kaspersky for... moreI have f secure & its great, never had any virus on my nokia n series with this anti virus software.
Rahul, 21 Nov 2008I have bought N79 couple days back. I had N73 which has got lot bugs and dead now. So i though... moreNokia has again managed to come up with Failure Nseries N79. Although the look is awesome can't comparable with any other model. However, if the phone doesn't work properly its just piece of junk. It freezes like hell even after upgrading the firmware. Dont know when Nokia will stop cheating people selling defective NSeries Models. Hats of to Sony Ericsson mobile stable operation system never hangs. If you are looking for good long lasting phone choose Sony Ericssion any model but never opt for N79. I had very bad a experience after getting this handset. My N73 had problem given it for repair in Nokia care,they given up and said can't be fixed. Got N79 piece of junk and i will again have to visit Nokia seeking fix for it. Nokia should learn from other competetors in the market.....Very bad...Nokia!! you harrash people like anything..
Anonymous, 22 Nov 2008With what back color options does the grey color phone come? And the white one?Hi, Buddy, currently, Nokia N79 is available in two colors Gray and White.
The Gray color version comes with three back covers white, red and brown.
The White color version comes with blue, green and brown.
Brown is common in both versions.
It is the matter of choice, but, the red and the white one look great on N79.
It is available for Rs. 19,900.00/- in India.