badboy_ali, 24 Nov 2008hey mate...did u try updating ur fon?yes i tried but it says no update available!
still thanx for ur concern though!
zaheed, 24 Nov 2008still couldnot find any solution for the sms bug!
it seems if the msg is sent via bluetooth t... moremine did that too
THE Kaspersky was the problem
try to turn off the spam thing or the theft thing
i wish i helped u
koRngear, 24 Nov 2008The phone chekcs for update..and no new FW is yet been announced. well out of the box my set had FW 10.045 and i last checked it is 10.046 now ( 126 MB ) but i didnt bother updating it as am sure its nothing major. still waiting for the a serious update
badboy_ali, 24 Nov 2008hey mate...did u try updating ur fon?The phone chekcs for update..and no new FW is yet been announced.
still couldnot find any solution for the sms bug!
it seems if the msg is sent via bluetooth then there is no problem !but if it comes via the provider i mean gsm then the set hangs and restarts every single time!
except for that not a single problem at all!
please some1 help!
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970how can u compare a cell phone with an mp3 player?????
You cannot. You can just use the light when recording video
How to turn on dual led flash as a flashlight? Cant find this tool... Anybody knows?
It has fantastic design. But it seems to be poor because it has lot's of bug.
i buy n79 before one week and i give to my friend free becouse it,s a very bad mobile from nokia i heat this mobile.
Anonymous, 23 Nov 2008very poor photo qulity picture when u see on pc. face or skin tone comes yellow sting when u s... moreI do not agree, it takes pics best i8n daylight and even in the night the closer objects with dual led are sufficiently seen..taking pictures is subjective, if you are good enough in photography you can well use a 2 MP camera. Steadyness, light facing, shutter pressing at the nick of time are all the essential factors for taking a pic. I have taken so far 50 pictures each sizes for 2-1.5 MB, much much less noise, and sharp.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970rs 20000 in india
very poor photo qulity picture when u see on pc. face or skin tone comes yellow sting when u see photograph on pc. yellow clour is very prominating that if u take photograph of yellow wall the other wall which is not yellow also looks yellow. when u take photograph in yellow or bulb it is horrible. also the keypad is very inconvinent. the menu key and cancel is in such a odd position that so many times u press back key and u find that u have press c key.
only good feature is fm tranmition function. but when u are buying 5 mp camara mobile with such price its not worth at this price instead n 82 is much better choice
well thats gr8 looking phone frends...but i want to know about little about it..has it contain feature of "cut,copy,paste"??
has it contain smooth zooming?
thankx for reply in advance
After 3 years of being an SE fanboi and having a horrible experience using the hellishly slow k850i, i finally decided to go nokia. I hae a tough time deciding between the n82 and the n79. In the end, after about a week of research and a day of toying around with both phones, I made my decision. I'm posting this from my new n79. Here's why I bought it:
1) looks. The n82 looks like a mean hypertechno thing out of some scifi movie, with it's angles and edges in the design. While I like it, i'd still rather have a roads looking thing that performs just as well. The n79 looks sweet. It's smooth, and shiny, and well balanced. Typing is a tad uncomfortable coz of my large hands, but this beats using the tiny buttons of the k850i anyday.
2) bling. The new feature pack2 on the n79 makes the UI more fun to use. Also, fp2 is supposedly got better wlan functionality with native wifi support.
3) speed. In general, there is little difference between the responsiveness of botha phones. Infact, it pretty much boiled down to the classic debate about core2duo at lower prefer vs p4 at higher speeds. Now most applications won't really be optimised for use of the n82's special dual core architecture. The few ngage games that do don't hold that much interest for me. They look nice on the n79 as well. So i went for the faster single core chip on the n79.
4) fm transmitter. The indian version of the n79 ships with a functional FM transmitter. I'd heard rumors of it being disabled in some countries due to broadcasting laws and such. But it's working just fine for me. Great for car rides with the family.
5) bundled expresson covers. My package came with white, brown, and red coloured back panels. It's nice to colour coordinate my phone with my clothes.
6) 4gb memory card in the package came with Ministry of Sound audio and video content. Sweetness to the max.
7) price. The n79 cost me Rs.800 more. I think that's about 16 or 17 USD. Not at all a bad deal.
The first thing I did when I got the phone was do an over the air update of my firmware. I haven't had any problems using the phone save for when my apps get closed when I accidentally hit the red button. :( I'd hoped that by now, nokia would have put some kind of prompt on it confirming the forced exit.
All in all, a great phone. I think it just might be today what the n73 was a few years ago.
Vaibhav +91-99-1717-, 22 Nov 2008Hi, Buddy, currently, Nokia N79 is available in two colors Gray and White. The Gray color v... moreIt is quite funny though, I got a friend to buy the N79 overseas for me and I asked for the white phone. When she gave it to me and I opened the box, instead of blue, green and brown (like I expected) I found red, white and brown instead! I love the white on white and brown looks great. Haven't dared to try red yet though! =)
Just got this phone a couple of days ago; out of the 5 or so phones I've had before this (3 of them being Nokias) this one is definitely the BEST! I am in love with it! It's both fabulous on the inside and outside.x