press menu then go to application then click on sw checker then check for update or simply press *#0000# then check for updates
im just wondering it says in my device manager that the software version of my n79 is 11.049, can anyone suggest how will i update that to a latest one
i am using n79 for 4 months now, its an average phone, it actually satisfy my mobile need indeed of playing music, browsing the internet but one thing that i didnt like bout this phone is when i put the phone lock on i noticed that the light turns off after 5-10sec and it iritates me and eventho i already turn off the phone lock still does the same so what i did i resetted the phone and it went ok.. once in a while it hang, but not too often. just need to powercycle the phone to get back up and running..
Hi i bought my N79 few days befor camera quality is good but yeah video hangs for few secs in start after updatein firmware prob still exist and its dam slow in downloading even on 3.5G network keypad is just ok
i have been using n79 since a yesr now and it is just amazing,
all the features u want and in a tidy neet package
protection for camra ( 5 mpix) with dual flash
tough looking shape
good not best battery life
what more do u want
all i need
hi.. does anyone knows how to safely remove your fone after conecting it to the pc? or using its usb mode?
do the colors come in packages? like these i saw on this website?
whereby, the seal gray only comes with brown,red & white cover.. & canvas white set only comes with blue, green & brown?
Cherish, 20 Jan 2010before is working very well, love my n79 much, its warranty till last 23rd dec, and my phone H... moreI also had the same issue. Updated my firmware. Got my phone last year in Dec.
raine, 20 Jan 2010does anyone knew to any website i could prolly download theme, music, video for this sort of p... moreGo to "www.ovistore.com" and creat your account by registering and use and download the various applications, or you can visit this site from your mobile too, which will be more easer for you.
dash, 20 Jan 2010can anyone post a link to where i can download free application such as games for this fone?--thanksYe there is a recommended website "www.ovistore.com" from where you can download various applications, games, utilities etc for free or some applications are for paying too.
can anyone post a link to where i can download free application such as games for this fone?--thanks
does anyone knew to any website i could prolly download theme, music, video for this sort of phone?
thanks in advance..;)
Anonymous, 16 Jan 2010ohh..why is your phone like that? mine is realy working well and is your phone out of warranty... morebefore is working very well, love my n79 much, its warranty till last 23rd dec, and my phone HANG like youtube "N79 Keypad issue" after that due date... so i paid double for service & parts too.. hmmm, hopefully its worthed, cause my phone still in nokia care..
1. Navi Wheel - i dont know with your navi wheel, but mine is good..im using the firmware version 30 and its working well like on ipod..but if the problem of navi wheel is if you go much deeper in a folder, it will not function anymore.. example go to settings and then general - it will not work anymore..but in everything, like musics, mesages, calendars..it works well
2. tv out cable - i doesnt mean that you can watch tv in ur phone..it means that when you record a video on your phone and plug the tv out cable and connect it on the tv. you could see what youve recorded on the tv. its like "your screen is your tv". gets?
3. Hangin - means the your phone freezes or its kinda slow..but my n79 hangs rarely. so for me, its a good phone..and maybe in the future firmware updates, it will improved or be removed..
4. Dictionary application - you can download it on www.getjar.com
just type on the search - "dictionary" and find the most downloaded one.
5. Firmware - they say that the good firmware version is v.20 and the latest firmware now is v.32
6. Nokia n79 - Nokia n85 - they are almost the same in every factor but Nokia n85 is much stylish, in terms of screen and physical appearance but if ure a careless person, then DONT GO for n85 bec its durability is not that great, it is easily broken..
my 1st phone is nokia 6630 its very good affter n73 its not bad now i have n79 it is very bad 5mp camar is not clear wen i print i cant identyfiy. Nokia is my fevorite fone Gps and FM transmeeter good n79 model is good camara is very bad i never bay nokia phone now i am very like sony ericson it is very good pictur qulity camar is super i love sony ericson my no +94715518680