wow its a great n8 user review page has cross more than 28000 comment which creates history and highest for any phone in gsmarena just within 6 months and why not its great phone ever made by nokia.
Iphone4 has only 900 comment.
Iphone4 is dead now apple fans. Just throw it and buy N8.
adkane, 01 Jan 2011Actually it affects the software.
1) some users cant access ovi store after using the mod
... more1. The ovi store problem doesn't occur due to this mod. Some people instead of uninstalling this mod did a hard reset and tried installing ovi store. Ovi store is not installed directly after a hard reset. But it installs and works fine after installing QT. This is a minor issue and may be fixed by firmware update
2. I have not experienced any such problem. Maybe there is some other cause.
3. Continuous auto focus has some issues and is not working for long distances. The modders are working on it.
koolestprashant, 01 Jan 2011I would like to answer the question about HyperX mod.
This mod only reduces jpeg compression.... more"As for uploading youtube videos, you can do that by the inbuilt web browser. Just have to change from mobile view to desktop view."
hmm...nvr thought of it. thanks!
dr himanshu, 01 Jan 2011thanx buddy.
U said u didnt had GUTS to try hyper x. May i knw why? Does it effects d hardwar... moreActually it affects the software.
1) some users cant access ovi store after using the mod
2) it kinda screws up the auto focus while taking a pic. many users complained that when they were in a situation where they can focus properly, they suddenly cant get it anymore with the mod
3) while playing back the vid taken with the autofocus activated, you can hear a 'tik tik tik' sound which comes from the lens trying to autofocus. to me is not worth the extra 5fps if there is the sound. there have been rumors though that the upcoming update will bring 30fps recording together with continuous AF
dr himanshu, 01 Jan 2011hi guys m buying n8 silver in couple of days. I hv even enquired about it 4m prashant(thanx 4 ... moreI would like to answer the question about HyperX mod.
This mod only reduces jpeg compression.
The camera shoots any photo in RAW format which a large size file. It is then processed and undergoes conversion from JPEG. The JPEG file is compressed to save space. This mod only removes the compression step. No extra load on processor hence no effect on battery life.
As for uploading youtube videos, you can do that by the inbuilt web browser. Just have to change from mobile view to desktop view.
Many sites are already present like mobile9.com and nokia beta labs for apps
sukrsa, 01 Jan 2011"plz change the theme which has light colour background".
I do not understand. Is t... moreyes, colour of application could b match with the colour of background of theme, by which u couldn't seen any thing which mixed with same colour. i think so.... ,so i suggest u to change theme, n see
adkane, 01 Jan 2011We, the real owners are always ready to help my friend
1) I can get about two days on avera... morethanx buddy.
U said u didnt had GUTS to try hyper x. May i knw why? Does it effects d hardware or smthing else.
Cos it appears quite fascinating.
dr himanshu, 01 Jan 2011hi guys m buying n8 silver in couple of days. I hv even enquired about it 4m prashant(thanx 4 ... moreWe, the real owners are always ready to help my friend
1) I can get about two days on average with some pretty heavy usage (about 2 hours web surfing, 1 and a half hours for music, 30min of gaming, some text and calls, 1 hour of vids). i think i can push it to three days with the power saving option, but i havent tried that out yet
2) By default, photos and vids can be uploaded directly to facebook, but only 6 at a time. There is another alternative though by using an app called pixelpipe. So far there is no direct method to upload vids to youtube.
3) Yes it does, through the home screen widget
4) havent had the guts to try the hyperX mod yet, so i cant really tell
5) I do not have a s60v5 phone so i cant compare. the stock browser of the n8 is not really that bad actually, it has a very good rendering performance, sometimes though it struggles to scroll in super heavy websites. but dont worry, there is always opera
6) you can connect it to the desktop by using this cable (not included in the box)
7) Ask someone else, i dont really have the time to manage this kind of blog :)
hope this helps
hi guys m buying n8 silver in couple of days. I hv even enquired about it 4m prashant(thanx 4 d help). But still i hv sm doubts. Please clear me here...
1. How mch is d battery back-up actually?
2. Can we upload videos to facebook n youtube?
3. Does it auto updates facebook.
4. Regardin hyper x mod... Doesnt it uses more battery power?
5. Is internet experience better/worse/same as s60v5? Cos i think s60v5 hs gud browser n rest opera can manage.
6. I hv desktop lcd at my place. It doesnt hv a hdmi port neither it can be used as tv without tv tuner. Is there ne way tn connect n vd it.(it has ports like crt monitor)
7. A request to create a blog where all good n useful application can be found.
And pls i dont want ne suggestions regarding samsung wave n iphone.
No doubt these phones r g8 bt m more interestd in n8.
can i install new text fonts for n8....if yes than how ca i install it...tell me anybody plz.....
sunil kushwaha, 01 Jan 2011plz change the theme which has light colour background"plz change the theme which has light colour background".
I do not understand. Is there any relation with theme with my problem?
However, thanks for reply.
Many users are having problems signing mods and apps. I have made a video tutorial. Visit http://mobileclickz.blogspot.com/ for details
To all hyperX users. I have found out an update to HyperX 1.1. The photo quality is not reduced but photos are of 4-5mb in size as compared to 10-11mb in original HyperX mod. Details and download links are present at http://mobileclickz.blogspot.com/
Another update allows users to switch between 30fps and 25fps for improved low light performance as well as improved zooming. Details and download links are present at http://mobileclickz.blogspot.com/
Anonymous, 01 Jan 2011can the mods available at ur website uninstalled from application manager in the phne...yes you can
My n8 sudden shutdown for 15-20 mins.then it was ok.it was an usual Phenomena.but last night it was down n didn't turn on.its dead.i hv no warranty with the phone.i went for the servicing centre.but they couldn't do it.plz help me frndz.my phones charging signal light beside the USB blinks,whn I make it charging.it also take the flash files successfully.but overally nothing comes out
im using total 16 + 16 gb its working very good no hangings ,,,,,,,,,,,
only thing is im missing is equalizer modifiable settings which is most important,,,,,,,,
hey for those wanting to own an N8 but dont know about symbian^3
check this out all about symbian^3 OS
koolestprashant, 01 Jan 2011Did u get ur new orange n8?can the mods available at ur website uninstalled from application manager in the phne...
Nokia is making some very good high end phones and are getting back on the market. took quite long to start using capacitive screens but i must admit the have very responsive resistive ones. The N8 is a very good phone on paper and reality. But android is much more intriguing than symbian. Nokia should continus on maemo or meego not symbian. maemo and meego are the best OSs on the market along with android. Now the E7 is coming out but with symbian.