this is loveliest adorable handset im so mad about it will retain for lone ,,,only i disaapoint is no modifiable equlizer settings
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2010Thanks pal, i was expecting a comment like this. I'm a Nokia fan too and i Love N8 a lot. N8 i... more
No worries, the last thing that would make my feelings 'hurt' is someone's post in some nerd-y forum, so no need to quit nor apologize.
hey guys if you have any problems,inquiries,new info or wanna just talk to actual peopl about N8
come to the nokia N8 Facebook page
i'm one of the Admins :D
where are 93k and climbing
daily info and answers to our best of knowledge
to help out symbian and N8 users :D
there is correction in the speecification of the phine... the phine supports upto 64gb external memory...
Cannibal Corpse, 22 Dec 2010 Shut up dicko. I love N8 only because I look "cool" with it while wandering aro... moreThanks pal, i was expecting a comment like this. I'm a Nokia fan too and i Love N8 a lot. N8 is the best device for me, I'm happy that it is the best device to you as well. I just said my thoughts on both the devices. if it hurts you I'm extremely sorry. With this note I quit...
And this phone is Nokia NUMERO UNO. The Daily interest of this phone say it all and before the Firmware Update Expected in January 2011.
im a nokia fan, ever since i've been using a nokia phone N8 is my 5th nokia phone and i am so disappointed about this phone's battery life. i did follow the instruction on how to charge the battery...I experimented on the battery and tried to get online using it on power saving mode and i only got around 5 hours of online time on a 3g network. so disappointing my e71 can get 8 to 10 hours...really really disappointing...
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2010Nice thoughts Pal,
Standard of the phones only depends on the user. As i mentioned earlier ... more
Shut up dicko.
I love N8 only because I look "cool" with it while wandering around the dirty and rugged streets of Quiapo.
On a serious note, yep spread the love - it's Christmas! It's Jesus' "birthday"
jayson, 21 Dec 2010which phone is better htc desire or the nokia n8?please help me choose.OK, here we come to HTC desire and Nokia N8. First Both are good pones. you can do a spec sheet comparison on this site and then read the reviews. it will provide you a better idea. First i will say Why i choose N8
1. Camera - its stellar you don't have to have any doubts. its far more superior to the one on HTC desire. Actually i added my Digital camera budget to the phone budget.
2. The ability of Symbian to use operator comands
Now this is regional dependent
3. Pentaband 3G radio. I live in US and use T-mobile, Desire Don't have 1700 band which used by T-Mobile
Unlocked: I didn't go for locked galaxy vibrant or T-mobile G2 (desire Z variation) coz if i buy the phone i need to get a 30$ data connection its a must.
Also the data connection for any Android device is 30$ while for N8 it is 10$
4. Free lifetime voice guided navigation with offline maps. It works well for me, and actually i cancelled my data plan now, and have a pay as you go data plan only for the GPS assistance, it use less than 100 Kb for a month.
5. Multimedia: Better video player and music player. photo viewer is a win-win Nokia N8 provides albums and tags but Desire provides some cool animations and replicate the folder structure instead of album.
6. Price : Desire unlocked is 550$ (+ 100 $ separate digital camera) where i bought N8 for 449$ from nokia USA
7. Front facing camera for video calls. i use fring to do occasional video calls when i'm away from Laptop
Now why i choose Desire
1. Android 2.2 Froyo: Call filter, Private inbox, Wifi tethering, etc
2. HTC sense UI, its fun to use, but i felt bored after some time, even though it is useful
3. Better social network integration and gmail services
4. More software reliability, with 1GHz processor and 576MB ram, UI flies like a rocket. You will find no lags or poses, while you will experience some poses in N8 - not because it has less resources, because in some cases it has designed in that way to give better better performance
5. Even though it seems like only strength of desire is the OS and UI (OS by Google and UI by HTC) i need to mention the screen size and aspect ratio, it gives a better touch experience with two hands
6. Quick office and the pinch to zoom enabled pdf reader are far superior to the once found in N8. Its a pity i couldn't read any excel sheets came with email attachments on N8.
Now some critical factors.
1. Screen resolution: desire has a bigger screen and resolution, but N8 maintains the 16:9 aspect ratio make the device easy to handle with single hand - its your choice
2. You cannot display times of deferent cities and countries in N8 home screen only the current time zone get displayed where you can do it easily in Desire, i would like to have it, also when you set alarm you cant sellect your personal recurrence patters in N8, Eg. you cant set an alarm to recur on every Tuesdays and Thursdays you have to set two Alarms.
3.No USB on the Go, FM transmitter, HDMI out or even TV out in HTC desire
4. Some what confusing organization in Android setting menu, for example, USB debugging is under Application - development menu and i couldn't find the Factory restore in froyo which was located in the security menu in eclair and i used the recovery image to do the system restore.
5. Web browser in Desire is superior to the one on N8
6. Keyboard Input in N8 was frustrating for me after i was used to desires keyboard. Split view is a must and i would like a portrait qwerty keyboard for user name and password entry, address search in Ovi Map and so on
7. Battery life of N8 seems to be better than Desire for me.
these are my honest opinions about both the devices. You have to fit your needs and wants and your background to decide among those two. i won't suggest you to play with both the devices for one hour and buy your device, coz if you play with the device one hour, I'm certain you will buy HTC desire, but your real device may have been N8. So if you wanna try the device try it for little more time and take your decision. I hope i was a help
iPhone Look I am so popular I have an iPhone LaLaLa
Andriod Look at me I'm so pretty
Symbian Don't give me that sh*t just get the job done
hey guys....can i ask question?............how can u describe the n8.....coz im planning to buy...bcoz there are lots of bad comments about n8..pls help me to decide..
Having this for two month now,doesn't face any serious problem so far,restarting once when trying to instal s60v5 apps. Performance is good,music quality is fine,gaming is ok,browser is slow,camera is awesome,battery last for two days. One of the best phone i ever had (n73,n95,iphone3gs,galaxys,n8).
Cannibal Corpse, 22 Dec 2010u peoplr r highly influenced by n8. anyone just see, if u write anything against n8, people he... moreNice thoughts Pal,
Standard of the phones only depends on the user. As i mentioned earlier in a post, User should be able to find the best choice for them. Sure N8 is not the God, neither iPhone nor Droids. Its obvious that N8 packs more technology than any phone under one body. But it lacks in UI front. Symbian is still not fun to use, that doesn't mean Symbian is inferior. Again the choice of OS and Phone depends on ones needs and wants. We have to admit the facts, HTC desire didn't satisfy my need, But N8 did, I'm happy about it. But there are instances that i wish Symbian^3 to behave like Android. Similarly, there were instance i wished Android to behave like Symbian 5th edition, and Desire to act like 5800. What does it mean is each device in the market has it strengths and weakness. Neither of which are GODS nor Garbages.
Guys, please try to provide Your honest opinion and counter opinions So somebody Try to find the suitable device for them can be befitted. You use N8 doesn't mean that everybody in the world should use N8 or you hate N8 doesn't mean that nobody should buy N8. No bashings please...
Indian., 22 Dec 2010Dude..I checked it with my handset(Wildfire)...I can't find the issue that you have mentioned.... moreopps dude,
here you go, you can find several of similar pages. if you want i can provide you my back and forth communications with HTC customer service.
Indian., 22 Dec 2010Dude..I checked it with my handset(Wildfire)...I can't find the issue that you have mentioned.... moreBro, your Android Market is working i guess. My Market was broken. it was not working. App brain did a good job while my market was working. What i said was its not an independent app store. If you search for vending.apk (thats the apk file for Android market) you will get to know about the posts regarding the breakdown of Market in various devices. This is not an android section so lets refrain from talking android here
jayson, 21 Dec 2010which phone is better htc desire or the nokia n8?please help me choose.htc
razan, 22 Dec 2010i have bought this phone two weeks ago but I dont find any thing new in it instead the camera.... moreMake a comparison of X6 and N8 in the spec sheets of GSM arena you will find what are new to N8. Ya if you are not a person who makes use of those new additions, then you should have bought 5800 instead of X6 or N8. Thats the real value for money to date, not even X6 or N8 honestly.
New about N8
First Nokia device to feature multi touch
First Nokia device to Pack HDMI out, USB on the GO
First Device with Symbian^3,
First Penta-Band device
HSDPA 10.2 Mbps HSUPA 2.0 Mbps
First Nokia to pack AMOLED Display
Only devic with Class 33 EDGE and GPRS
Features n-Band of WiFi
680 MHz processor, 256 MB RAM and 512 MB ROM
Dedicated Graphic Hardware Accelerator
Active noise Cancellation
DivX/Xvid codec inbuilt
Full photo editor and Video editor
I think this list is enough for you to realize whats new in N8.I didn't talk about the Camera here, coz you agreed it, But actually is you want to talk about the camera, it will need an entire chapter here. Ya, if You want to talk about the Symbian^3 advancement over Symbian 5th edition thats also another chapter.
Improvements are there, Its Up to you to notice it. I can say either you don't have an N8 or you just tried it once before your post.