guys! spider man : total mayhem HD is now out on the gameloft official website
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2010i am totally confused which hp to buy. N97 or N8?
n97???? are you crazy????? go for n8
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2010only 84??hahais just my estimate, more will come soon. symbian^3 is just 2 months old
500? sounds a little outrageous for a platform that has only 1400+ apps only
and my count did not include the games that can be played on various emulators available for the symbian^3 platform
[deleted post]"golf2 hd is the latest addition"
you are seriously way outdated, currently there are 84 games for the n8.
this is loveliest adorable handset im so mad about it will retain for lone ,,,only i disaapoint is no modifiable equlizer settings
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2010Thanks pal, i was expecting a comment like this. I'm a Nokia fan too and i Love N8 a lot. N8 i... more
No worries, the last thing that would make my feelings 'hurt' is someone's post in some nerd-y forum, so no need to quit nor apologize.
hey guys if you have any problems,inquiries,new info or wanna just talk to actual peopl about N8
come to the nokia N8 Facebook page
i'm one of the Admins :D
where are 93k and climbing
daily info and answers to our best of knowledge
to help out symbian and N8 users :D
there is correction in the speecification of the phine... the phine supports upto 64gb external memory...
Cannibal Corpse, 22 Dec 2010 Shut up dicko. I love N8 only because I look "cool" with it while wandering aro... moreThanks pal, i was expecting a comment like this. I'm a Nokia fan too and i Love N8 a lot. N8 is the best device for me, I'm happy that it is the best device to you as well. I just said my thoughts on both the devices. if it hurts you I'm extremely sorry. With this note I quit...
And this phone is Nokia NUMERO UNO. The Daily interest of this phone say it all and before the Firmware Update Expected in January 2011.
im a nokia fan, ever since i've been using a nokia phone N8 is my 5th nokia phone and i am so disappointed about this phone's battery life. i did follow the instruction on how to charge the battery...I experimented on the battery and tried to get online using it on power saving mode and i only got around 5 hours of online time on a 3g network. so disappointing my e71 can get 8 to 10 hours...really really disappointing...
Anonymous, 22 Dec 2010Nice thoughts Pal,
Standard of the phones only depends on the user. As i mentioned earlier ... more
Shut up dicko.
I love N8 only because I look "cool" with it while wandering around the dirty and rugged streets of Quiapo.
On a serious note, yep spread the love - it's Christmas! It's Jesus' "birthday"
jayson, 21 Dec 2010which phone is better htc desire or the nokia n8?please help me choose.OK, here we come to HTC desire and Nokia N8. First Both are good pones. you can do a spec sheet comparison on this site and then read the reviews. it will provide you a better idea. First i will say Why i choose N8
1. Camera - its stellar you don't have to have any doubts. its far more superior to the one on HTC desire. Actually i added my Digital camera budget to the phone budget.
2. The ability of Symbian to use operator comands
Now this is regional dependent
3. Pentaband 3G radio. I live in US and use T-mobile, Desire Don't have 1700 band which used by T-Mobile
Unlocked: I didn't go for locked galaxy vibrant or T-mobile G2 (desire Z variation) coz if i buy the phone i need to get a 30$ data connection its a must.
Also the data connection for any Android device is 30$ while for N8 it is 10$
4. Free lifetime voice guided navigation with offline maps. It works well for me, and actually i cancelled my data plan now, and have a pay as you go data plan only for the GPS assistance, it use less than 100 Kb for a month.
5. Multimedia: Better video player and music player. photo viewer is a win-win Nokia N8 provides albums and tags but Desire provides some cool animations and replicate the folder structure instead of album.
6. Price : Desire unlocked is 550$ (+ 100 $ separate digital camera) where i bought N8 for 449$ from nokia USA
7. Front facing camera for video calls. i use fring to do occasional video calls when i'm away from Laptop
Now why i choose Desire
1. Android 2.2 Froyo: Call filter, Private inbox, Wifi tethering, etc
2. HTC sense UI, its fun to use, but i felt bored after some time, even though it is useful
3. Better social network integration and gmail services
4. More software reliability, with 1GHz processor and 576MB ram, UI flies like a rocket. You will find no lags or poses, while you will experience some poses in N8 - not because it has less resources, because in some cases it has designed in that way to give better better performance
5. Even though it seems like only strength of desire is the OS and UI (OS by Google and UI by HTC) i need to mention the screen size and aspect ratio, it gives a better touch experience with two hands
6. Quick office and the pinch to zoom enabled pdf reader are far superior to the once found in N8. Its a pity i couldn't read any excel sheets came with email attachments on N8.
Now some critical factors.
1. Screen resolution: desire has a bigger screen and resolution, but N8 maintains the 16:9 aspect ratio make the device easy to handle with single hand - its your choice
2. You cannot display times of deferent cities and countries in N8 home screen only the current time zone get displayed where you can do it easily in Desire, i would like to have it, also when you set alarm you cant sellect your personal recurrence patters in N8, Eg. you cant set an alarm to recur on every Tuesdays and Thursdays you have to set two Alarms.
3.No USB on the Go, FM transmitter, HDMI out or even TV out in HTC desire
4. Some what confusing organization in Android setting menu, for example, USB debugging is under Application - development menu and i couldn't find the Factory restore in froyo which was located in the security menu in eclair and i used the recovery image to do the system restore.
5. Web browser in Desire is superior to the one on N8
6. Keyboard Input in N8 was frustrating for me after i was used to desires keyboard. Split view is a must and i would like a portrait qwerty keyboard for user name and password entry, address search in Ovi Map and so on
7. Battery life of N8 seems to be better than Desire for me.
these are my honest opinions about both the devices. You have to fit your needs and wants and your background to decide among those two. i won't suggest you to play with both the devices for one hour and buy your device, coz if you play with the device one hour, I'm certain you will buy HTC desire, but your real device may have been N8. So if you wanna try the device try it for little more time and take your decision. I hope i was a help
iPhone Look I am so popular I have an iPhone LaLaLa
Andriod Look at me I'm so pretty
Symbian Don't give me that sh*t just get the job done