I hv seen the night recording and captured pics...wow..what a phone..wrks like a digi cam!! i plyd angry bird lite and nfs shift..awsum... 600mhz processor good...fb gmail wrks fine!!! i dnt think that we need 1ghz..cz we dnt hv to play counter strike here :P lol...Good phone m buying on my bday.27th dec,. n yeah if in any case ( very rare) ur cell get hangs or sumthing...press n hold switch on button it will reboot .. :) njoy..
[deleted post]don't you get enough? iphone is worse in everything.
on 13 dec 10 nokia increase the price 1k inr of n8 (22,700 to 23,700 inr) of N8. Its first time in mobile history, wat is the reasion any body know ?
Every one saying price will be drop , firmware coming , software n hardware will upgrade n all thing done by nokia for maintain repo . But no firmware, no software , no price drop (i m waited 4 all of them). Just reverse they r increase the price. I like the spec of n8 n want to buy this. But 8 prsnt I m cnfused , purchase it or wa8 n watch. Plz hlp
... thats the best video u will ever see watch or listen from a mobile phone .. thats why we n8 owners rock the world
This phone needs a slam dank goal in the trash
It's completely useless even the camera record not that much wave more better
[deleted post]where your mama today !!! she is also using Nokia n8 / now tell me / android fan boy toy
garlnt, 13 Dec 2010can android phone have video call(in avg costing phone at rates below or equal to n8).galaxy s... morewhy everybody is saying galaxy s is very costlier than n8 the price diff is only around 2.5 k in india!!
can android phone have video call(in avg costing phone at rates below or equal to n8).galaxy s is expensive than n8
M, 13 Dec 2010the most annoying thing about this phone is when you send messages or typing, you will acciden... moretotally agree. another annoying thing, when talking on the phone, sometimes your face will accidentally hit the hold button, and another thing, the protuding camera is definitely one of most annoying thing about this phone.
Used my N8 on holiday. 3 days without charging, lots of stunning photos and videos, no reliability issues at all under heavy use. Got very drunk and dropped it off the top bunk too, no damage done :)
symbianize, 13 Dec 2010TIPS FOR NOKIA N8 Keypad shortcuts (Select "Call" from homescreen) - Bluetooth O... morewow!! This is one of the most productive and informative post on this forum..i just saved this page in opera mini..thanks a lot
TIPS FOR NOKIA N8
Keypad shortcuts (Select "Call" from homescreen)
- Bluetooth ON/OFF: longpress on '*'-key
- Call log: press call key
- Contacts: press on contacts icon
- Open browser: longpress on '0'-key
- Silent profile: longpress on '#'-key
Keypad codes (Select "Call" from homescreen and type...)
- *#7370# does hard reset
- *#7780# does soft reset
- *#06# shows your IMEI
- *#0000# shows info about phone software
- *#92702689# (*#war anty#) shows lifetimer
- *#2820# (*#BTA0#) displays the Bluetooth device address of your phone
- *#62209526# (*#MAC0WLAN) displays the MAC address of the WLAN adapter
Clock and Profile -widget
- Active and edit profile: press on profile name on the widget
- Calendar: press on date on the widget
- Clock: press on clock on widget
Notifications popup (press on battery icon)
- Clock: press on time on the popup
- Connectivity settings: press on connectivity icon on the popup
- Powersave mode ON/OFF: press on battery icon on the popup
- USB mode: press on USB icon on the popup (when connected) to switch USB mode without unplugging
- WLAN-manager: press on WLAN connection on the popup (when connected)
- Alarm Enable/Disable: Set alarm to repeat, then you can disable and enable it
- Animated Themes: Nokia default themes (not Midnight pack) have animated backgrounds, just active it from theme settings
- Data Counter: Open call log and tap on right tab to view data transfer log.
- Disconnect all networks: longpress with red call key
- Edit Homescreen: longpress on anywhere on the homscreen changes to edit mode
- Faster Homescreen: turn of theme effects from Themes settings to make switching between homescreens instant
- Favorites Widget: you can scroll the favorites widget horisontally and add more than four contacts, unlike in N97 homescreen
- Forced Reboot: press power key for eight seconds simulating "battery removal"
- "Full" Reset: hold "Volume Down + Camera Key + Menu Key" and press power button until your phone shake (Warning! Will remove some apps permanently like Ovi Store and Qt!)
- Predictive QWERTY: predictive text and word auto-completion are also supported on QWERTY, not only in keypad
- Screen Saver Notification: Use 'Music Player' screen saver to show new sms and missed calls icon on screen. Time, Date, Profile and Music being played will also be shown if enabled.
- Silence Calls/Snooze Alarms: turn around your phone upside down to silence calls or snooze alarms (set it on from Settings > Sensor settings)
- Special Characters: longpress on '1*'-character on QWERTY keyboard to input special characters like õ, ü, etc.
- Torch (n/a in N8): hold down keylock to use LED flash as a torch
- Two way Charge: Both USB and regular thin-pin adapters can be used for charging
- Two way Keylock: open keylock by sliding keylock button on side OR by pressing menu key and then press on the screen where it says "Unlock"
- Two way TV-OUT: use HDMI cable to get digital TV Out (only N8/E7) with HD resolution or use 3.5mm cable for composite TV out
- Voice Command: hold Call button in homescreen (setup voice command first)
- USB OTG: you can directly connect almost any USB device to the phone (including USB mouse, -keyboard, -pendrive and -external HDD)
- Widget settings: in homescreen edit mode, press on widget (Notifications, Mail, Search and Shortcuts)
- Widgets Online/Offline: select Options > "Widget to Offline mode" from homescreen
- Calendar: browse through days by swiping through screen from left to right or vice versa to browse back
- Camera: use Pinch zoom to switch between 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios (9Mpix vs 12Mpix on N8)
- Camera: double press on screen to zoom (like with browser)
- Camera: you can also zoom by using volume keys
- Clock: switch between analog and digital clock by tapping the big clock shown on screen
- File Manager: connect to a network drive by choosing the setting from options menu (instead of Settings)
- File Manager: jump down on folder tree by pressing on one of the folder icons on top of the screen
- File Manager: open search bar by lightly pressing on camera key
- Gallery: Three ways to zoom pictures; by making a double press, a pinch zoom or by using volume keys
- Mail: Collapse and expand all days by doing longpress on a day
- Menu (App. Grid): instead of leaving it to background, choose Options > Exit
- Profiles: set profile (except general and offline) to change based on time of the day from profile settings
- Ovi Maps: share current (or favorite) location via MMS or E-Mail to any other Nokia device with Maps
- Task Manager: open Task Manager by doing longpress on (physical) menukey on the phone
- Task Manager: longpress on any of the apps to bring out option to close invidual or all running apps
- Lost Application (general): in case you accidently delete some of Nokia applications, like Communities or Midnight theme pack, use Software Update re-install it
it is the best and i am going to buy one.
it is a real deal.
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2010Have to agree that Iphone does a couple of things better than N8. But N8 does tons of things I... moreI totally do agree with you!!! I wish all the ones with bad comments with regards to the N8 will stop! I mean what are they actually doing here!!? If they hate the phone so much but cant seem to get away from it - Makes me wonder though!! HAHA..LOL
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2010Iphone is the best...luv u apple....n8 doesnt even stand near it...n8 is too laggy and slow an... moreHave to agree that Iphone does a couple of things better than N8. But N8 does tons of things Iphone cannot do AT ALL! In other words, your vehicle might be faster than mine on the road. But mine can drive fly and swim while you only drive. So objectively then, which is better? Hmmm? The N8 is the greatest thing yet!
oh wow! . . . .a 1 ghz processor . . ! at last i owned it . . except for its very lagish and crappy system(stupid crappy multi-touch ang rough kinetic scrolling) and only 360x640 screen resolution! . . oh c'mon nokia! . . i returned it to the retail store where i bought it . . I excanged it for a samsung GALAXY S . . .
Anonymous, 13 Dec 2010Iphone is the best...luv u apple....n8 doesnt even stand near it...n8 is too laggy and slow an... moreWell if you love your Iphone that much what are you doing on N8? You know what they say - Jealously makes you nasty!! Enjoy your Iphone and let the others enjoy the N8.. Taste differs you know.