Anonymous, 22 Nov 2010gsm arena also told
* Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability standards
... more* Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability standards = That is because Android & IOS are just faster in response. We can handle that.
* No video light = I can connect a USB light with my N8 & make it my video camera light. Who needs dedicated video camera light if I can have Xenon flash in-built and a USB light as my video light?
* Camera interface is decidedly outdated = But it can capture more than any of your "UPDATED" camera interface. In other words, it is NOT EYE-CANDY, rather it is PRACTICAL.
* Relatively limited 3rd party software availability = As if your OS (Android or IOS) had a lot when it was first started?
* No office document editing (without a paid upgrade) = At least we get document viewer, don't forget that you (IOS) can't even get a file through BlueTooth or also get document editor with a paid upgrade (Android).
* Video player has some issues = Who wanna see small "Subtitles" in a mobile screen? Why do you need subtitle? Can't you hear properly? Then what are you doing here? Go to a doctor immediately. We watch movies, we don't READ movies.
* Battery life is not on par with best in the business = But I can use my phone for 2 days with playing games, calling, texting, Socializing watching movies, listenning music etc.
* Battery is not user-replaceable = So is in iPhone (1,2,3,4-all). If it was better at that point, what's the problem in N8's case?
My phone is total Dead after 10 days use. I also learned that a lot of Nokia N8 is dead because of its faulty hardware.
piyush, 22 Nov 2010wich one is better as compared to price and performance nokia c-6 or n8 pls help??????????????... moreWhich c6 do you mean? c6-00 with the qwerty keyboard or c6-01 with the symbian^3 platform?
Halley, 22 Nov 2010I'm from India>Kerala>Trivandrum. Got it for Rs 23grands.
Got my phone 2 weeks before a... more"When using opera mobile for a long time "Memory full" message Pops Up."
Try using the symbian version of opera mini, it is a smooth as opera mobile (but doesnt render webpages as good as opera mobile, but still great) and it uses much less RAM
"Also I miss my stylus dearly. No stupid thing works on it. Nokia Could at least bundle one with it since they consider it as a Flagshp Model."
There is a capacitive stylus for it. See :
I think the stylus is only bundled together with the n8 in the Chinese market only since they need it for chinese handwriting input.
wich one is better as compared to price and performance nokia c-6 or n8 pls help??????????????????????
I'm from India>Kerala>Trivandrum. Got it for Rs 23grands.
Got my phone 2 weeks before and gotta say it is a well worth upgrade to my Nokia 5800. I flashed it around 4 times with a hacked Firmware and Hyper-X's Camera modd. 4 times Coz I tried to install all possible softwares from s60v5 and s60v3 (mostly cracked full version), many of which made the phone crash. Then carefully sorted out the ones which works perfectly and now I have it on full swing.
Main Advantages i found is that the Camera Images, Video recording 720p@30fps (After Hyper-X Modd) worked mind blowingly well. Games played on it made me addict. HD Movies played on my LCD via HDMI with extreme clarity, 720p @6-7Mbps(Although gaming via HDMIis not that great but is a good experience). USB ON THE GO is an amazing feature where I could even Connect my wireless mouse and use my lcd for web browsing. Bluetooth connectivity is much better than my 5800. Battery Life is Amazingly longer than I expected.
Now the CONS. Why the hell did they put the speakers below the camera facing downward. The sound muffles away when I keep in My Jeans or put it on my table or bed. Also where are my stereo speakers Nokia? LCD Brightness always vary according to the light( No way to keep it fixed). When using opera mobile for a long time "Memory full" message Pops Up. Also I miss my stylus dearly. No stupid thing works on it. Nokia Could at least bundle one with it since they consider it as a Flagshp Model.
FriendChat app has been released for symbian^3. Enables you to chat with your facebook friends.
chaudhary, 22 Nov 2010to day i saw a nokia x6+ n8 both are good phone .finaly i can say that os is the best I and ayou are not in world top models
Anonymous, 22 Nov 2010i might also add poor music quality browsing and hanging and restarting prbs..Come up with something better guys. Something original. The more you criticize the N8, the better it gets. :-). These things you're telling are exactly the opposite of what the N8 can do. Think something that it can actually NOT do as a smartphone, and nobody will believe you now because it's academic. Arent' you trollers ever gonna give up? C'mon...
to day i saw a nokia x6+ n8 both are good phone .finaly i can say that os is the best
i might also add poor music quality browsing and hanging and restarting prbs..
gsm arena also told
* Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability standards
* No video light
* Camera interface is decidedly outdated
* Relatively limited 3rd party software availability
* No office document editing (without a paid upgrade)
* Video player has some issues
* Battery life is not on par with best in the business
* Battery is not user-replaceable
Anonymous, 22 Nov 2010Dying N8 and C7:
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2010/n8-brak-en.shtmllol after eldar said that he didn't like nokia
i wouldn't even pay attention to the site that he's associated with
wait till feb or march next year to get an C7 or N8 honestly that site should be shut down
what the solution if the phone hang?we connot remove the battery coz it built in...should we just wait till the battery flat?
It looks like most of the negative comments about the N8 comes from non-users. Again, before claiming something you must be able to support them with factual evidence not pure hearsay or crap.
Nokia's N8 rocks and simply the best Symbian phone out there. If you want more like photo-editing, louder sound, faster processor, bigger screen, more memory,etc then go and buy a laptop.
I find it it funny when people keep on looking for everything in a single device. Technology is humongous business and if a manufacturer will put everything on a single device then they're killing their own market by doing so.
Dying N8 and C7: