Ferry, 07 Nov 2010I changed the default theme wallpaper to a pic of my choice from the photo gallery. Now I want... moreIn a future Symbian 3 software update, you can configure the themes and screen savers etc for your screen as you wish.
[deleted post]Dear dr. it seems u dont know hw to use a smartphone.3110 is rite mob for u
is nokia n8 a smartphone
I got my N8 yesterday, so great! I can control it quickly. I am using N82 as well. So happy after long time to wait...
http://tech4info.in/?p=97 How to Reslove Nokia N8 Restart Issue check this blog post and reslove your issue
Sonyericsson playstation phone is coming this december2010 run new abdroid 3.0 gingerbread, november11,2010 announced a new version of android 3.0 gingerbread. Goodluck Samsung,htc,nokia , Sonyericsson playstation phone killer is coming...
I am using this mobile from 10 days . its really amazing mobile .but recently i have experienced few problems with accelerometer and 3 times mobile hanged up and i have to restart it forcibly. and later its working as normal and till now no problems was detected. But i want to know why mobile got hanged and problem with accelerometer?
Karthikeyan M, 07 Nov 2010hey guys... i am looking for a cracked signed quick office for n8 ...kindly help me.. i do tr... moredownload everythng 4m ovi store only or 4m trusted provider otherwise u ll face auto restarting problem
shah, 07 Nov 2010And what if the phone freeze?! should i wait for the battery to be dead?! :SHold the power button for 8 secs. The phone shud restart by itself it after you done that
[deleted post]Cannot understand why this childish debate is allowed to remain on a forum about phones, your point? Nokia is a Europen company, the phone made in Finland, AND? And what? If you are not a fan of Nokia,or European phones, think Motorola! In fact, why not just buy only Motorola in future, that way you can support an American company, maybe that would suit? All manufacturers have their good and bad aspects, ditto Countries. All have something good/bad to offer. You seem something bad yours has to offer, sadly!
[deleted post]Bada os is a non-smartphone os, just ask anyone if you dont believe me
[deleted post]If i had to throw the n8 i will throw it to ur nice little face, and ur face only will receive the damage cause the n8 is one tough phone.
[deleted post]And Symbian is an OS fyi. Why are you suddenly bringing the cpu into the issue
Andres, 07 Nov 2010Just believe in Nokia, Nokia is market leader and they will do what it takes to stay remain in... moreWell, Nokia is not going that way for sure. They made a nice phone like N8 and took a decade to release it and let the competitors take the advantage. Dissapointing!!
And what if the phone freeze?! should i wait for the battery to be dead?! :S
hey guys... i am looking for a cracked signed quick office for n8 ...kindly help me..
i do tried on top torrentx, but all was unsigned.. so on intsalling not accepting .HELP PLZ
I upgraded from a N97 Mini to an N8 5 Days ago. It's such a shame there's so much name slinging and false reports going on. It's makes it so hard to find real reviews/experience from others. So, I'd like to try and give other readers an honest insite into what this phone is like to own. In no particular order here's my observations/experience from upgrading to the N8:
1) I really can't tell which camera is better. Sure, for indoor shots the N8 wins hands down. However, indoor flash shots sometimes come out too dark. For outdoor shots there really isn't that much of difference to make the N8 an outstanding winner. I've done multiple comparisons shots and quite often the N97 shots look better (until you zoom right in). Sure, N97 adds to much color but it produces sharper pictures. It really is annoying how the N8 blurs the background. The N8 photos do seem to look a bit washed out but that is because the colors are more natural.
2) I really can not pickup much difference in the speed between the phones when it comes to general use. I've done side by side comparisons in browsing menus, opening contacts, opening music player, using Opera, etc and the performance of both are almost identical. Multitasking is much better in the N8 - I love how you can see what the app in the background is doing. But really, who multitasks alot on a phone.
3) The screen on the N8 has much better color than then N97 Mini and is fantastic for use in direct sunlight. The N97 was really bad for outdoors use. A key selling point for me.
4) I don't really have a preference for Capacitive or Resistive screens. I really can't tell that much difference. I think Nokia need to tune the N8 Capacitive screen a bit better. i.e. sometimes a quick touch is not registered. I have also noticed the screen register a touch before I actually touch the screen (static maybe?). I liked the accuracy of a resistive screen but not its ability to scratch easier. Multi touch on Capacitive screens is really nice for viewing photos and zooming in on Web pages. I still haven't removed the screen protector that came with the phone so I can't tell how easily the screen marks.
5) Games are definately better - but that is only when it comes to 3D games, otherwise there is no difference. I'd like to see more games released for the N8. I'd also like to see the N8 be more like Android phones and share games with Iphone Games - eg Words with friends.
6) Most other software seems just the same. The Quick Office viewer is worse - it keeps telling you a feature is not licensed when you try to pinch to zoom.
7) Video recording is great on N8. No contest at all.
8) HDMI output to my TV blew me away - how cool! But really, it's just a gimic that I won't use that much. I'm worried how long the flimsy flap at the top will last. I was surpised to see that video out through the headphone jack still works.
9) USB on the Go. I've used it, it works. Not that much of selling point really. Who wants to carry around an cable to use a USB key when you can just use a computer, get more functionality.
10) I don't think I have experienced any restarts. Although I am thinking it may have happened once when connected to my PC in Mass storage mode. Otherwise it seems pretty stable
11) Battery life seems better. But I never really had an issue with the battery on the N97 mini. Sure, I charged it every night but not once did it run flat.
12) Telephony is a mixed bag. I miss selecting a contact and pressing the green Icon to call a contact. Now you have to hold your finger on the contact for a second or two and choose call from the pop up menu. Volume is better in calls. Answering calls is better on the N8 as the icon to answer is much easier to see and use over the silly slide to answer on the N97 Mini. I do miss the use anykey to answer option.
13) The Internet browser is still a disgrace. It's only good point is pinch to zoom. I'm using opera 10 instead which sadly does not support pinch to zoom.
14) GPS navigation is still just as good. A key selling point.
15) I prefered the music player on my N97. i.e. I don't like how the N8 opens on the artist list. Although I do like how Shuffle play is immediately available.
16) I like being able to change between Ovi Suite mode and Mass storage mode without having to unplug the phone.
17) The social networks app is ok but takes to many steps to start and exit. It is quicker to use a hyperlink from your main screen to open the Facebook web page.
18) The Ovi store client is much better!! A huge improvement! A really big improvement!!!
19) Messaging is a mixed bag. I love the new conversation view. Composing SMS's is cumbersome and needs improvement ASAP. i.e. A portrait QWERTY keyboard is needed. The interface also needs to allow you to scroll through what you a typing rather than highlighting text. Compossing an SMS on the N97 was a much nicer experience.
20) Speaker volume is about the same. I think the ringing tone might be louder. One downside is if you put your phone on a soft flat sufface - it tends to muffle the speaker. I'm wondering if there is an issue with message alerts as on a couple of occassions I have felt the vibration of an incoming message but not heard the tone I have assigned.
In Conclusion - I was lucky enough to get my N8 as a free upgrade from my N97 mini. So, the N97 mini is now boxed up as my spare. I have to honestly say I am happy with the phone and am still adjusting to the N8. Whilst the phone is better than the N97 Mini I wouldn't pay extra or buy one outright. I don't mind the Symbian interface butit's not the most intuitive interface for non technical users. The N8 still offers a better all round package than most other phone unless you want heaps of games and gimic apps. The OS does need some tidying up and I am looking forward to some of the improvements that will come with Firmware updates.
the phone that i want is the n8 .....although i wouldnt mind the htc mozart too only fck up is that they didnt put a mem card slot...how can htc be tarded...no mem card in a smart phone now thats some dumb shite.....tho ide still think abt owning it....
[deleted post]"but also 3d graphic chip powervr sgx 540 with score of 90 million triangles/sec...he leaves ps1, ps2 and psp behind"
Is there anyway to prove it, cause i tried to find it at the gl benchmark website but apparently is not available CAUSE BADA OS IS NOT A SMARTPHONE OS!
I am in KSA right now and I have been deciding to buy my smartphone which will be N8. My friend purchased Xperia X10 and I was able to play with it in about 2 days and I got confuse whether to buy x10 or n8... Will anyone here give me a word of techy advice which one to buy? I'd be using this most of the time in browsing and the most important issue for me is to give me justifiable service in terms of chatting, yahoo messenger or skype and the rest is not a major issue for me...