An updated version of Ovi maps ver 3.06 has arrived.
The Ovi maps 3.06 got a new update today.
These were the difference already know to version 3.04:
* Pinch to zoom interaction (Only available on Symbian^3 devices)
* Visually refreshed main menu and icons,
* New maps with public transport lines (as a new map layer) for subways, trams and trains in 80+ cities around the world. Just click the map toolbox icon and select Transit lines,
* Improved search experience - find places and addresses around you - or anywhere in the world - fast and easily. Browse places or enter a keyword in the search box. Now with suggestions and "did you mean?" functionality,
* New place pages with description, reviews, pictures and places nearby. Interact with places in a whole new way - you can check in, contact, navigate, save, rate, share, report or see place on the map,
* Share a place - send a place to your friends via SMS or Email. The SMS contains the address and a link to the place page with description, ratings, contact, URL and a mini map. The link opens up on the mobile browser (also on non-Nokia devices),
* Check in - keep your friends up-to-date with where you are and what you're up to. Check in to places and share it with your friends on Facebook and many more social networks. See places you’ve been to in your check in history,
* New Drive assistance mode with live traffic flow - after clicking Drive, you're instantly in drive assistance mode with live traffic flow and more. Once you start moving, get safety camera alerts and speed limit warnings,
* More folder with many rich content services relevant to your location. Personalise your Ovi Maps by selecting the services you'd like to keep on your main menu for instant access.
For those who want to download, here is the link
[deleted post]Then y dont they use it more in their future phones instead on reallying more on the free android os? Y mate? If it's so successful?
[deleted post]Well it's true that wave is not a smartphone cause Bada OS is not a smartphone OS. N why are u complaining bout the lack of optical zoom on the N8? Even samsung Wave doesnt have optical zoom
Anonymous, 24 Oct 2010didn't get ur post. Just reply is that possible or no?right now, i can share u only games
Anonymous, 24 Oct 2010N8 users.. If i download games from nokia ovi store by paying some bucks and then due to some ... more if wat u r saying is tru, en i can share u som gr8 great..... And dont format it man,now it s diffrt 4rm s^1...
Nokia N8 can be bought from retail store here in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, for the price of $510 to $530 only. This is the price you can get I guess.
Anonymous, 24 Oct 2010what bluetooth 3.0?/wave has it..also video 720p@ 30 fps not like n8 with 25 fps..y r u talki... more wat d crap r u talkin bout, who says n8 cant. My n8 can record video at 30fps with continous autofocus.... Just need a simpl hack...dats all... If u dont own, then cry
N8 users.. If i download games from nokia ovi store by paying some bucks and then due to some circumstances i have to format my phone and loose all the games, can i get them all back like download them again for free or do i end up paying again?
Anonymous, 23 Oct 2010Do you know what makes a phone smart? By definition, symbian is the closest model if not th... morewhat bluetooth 3.0?/wave has it..also video 720p@ 30 fps not like n8 with 25 fps..y r u talking bullshit?
hey the full version of Angry Birds is now available at ovi store. it is 2.99 $ and it is really different from the Angry Birds Lite Version.
...Harvey N start selling this phone for $750, if you ask in Alexandria store - HN, maybe you can get for $600...is there any shop in Sydney so I can compare iphone4 vs samsung galaxy s vs nokia n8, watching clips on Youtube is wasting time...
I was sure my next smartphone was gonna be a N8 but after trying out the Galaxy S on a Samsung display at a mall, I just couldn't help getting in love with it. I ordered Galaxy S yesterday. I am a Nokia fan but I was expecting﻿ more from Symbian 3, so sorry Nokia you're not getting my money this time.not true -﻿ N8 is same as all other nokia smarphones... just dont react properly... thats how it is and nokia failed once again... me, who was always suggesting to ppl to get nokia, now I am against it, as they fail to deliver customers what they want and need
hi! may i know what i the meaning of hard reset ? what is the purpose for doing so ? Besides, can someone explain to me how to warm up N8's battery ? How long should i charge ? 8 hours or 10 hours ?
actualy nokia is best brand 4ever! bt stil for the n8....nokia totally out....