Anonymous, 20 Oct 2010can some one please tell me if the screen readable under direct sunlightHere is ur answer :
Another first is a Nokia AMOLED display to remain perfectly legible under direct sunlight. Previous attempts were pretty poor on a bright sunny day, but this time they got it right.
The indoor image quality, as is to be expected from an AMOLED unit, is pretty good with deep blacks and nicely saturated colors. Not as impressive as Samsung’s SuperAMOLED screens, but certainly competitive elsewhere.
taken from gsmarena review of n8
VK, 20 Oct 2010I'm using N73 now..... waiting to buy N8
but b4 dat plz tell me whether
i)is it possi... morei)is it possible to watch You tube vdo with this phone>> YES
ii)Play Facebook games, like Mafia wars, Fast lane racing, with N8>>YES
iii)Display options in google search as u type in the search bar>>NO
alex, 20 Oct 2010i have just used this phone for a week all i can say is that n8 is the best phone in the world... morehi im waiting for N8 but also reading opinion of others who used it up to now and seems like the camera may not be that great i dont want to be dspointed cause i use camera a lot.
Some people may think nokia stop making progress, but it is not true,s40 touch type, symbian 3 will help nokia maintain the world leader in low end and mid
end and upper mid end,n8upper mid end phone can even threaten its so called" high end "competitor phones. Nokia make real and quality phones
meego coming your way soon, it is now end of oct!
Why does every other person who comes here says that android is better or iphone is better?
Why do u people come here if u like those phones?
I am a n97 user as well as a sony x10 android user yet I like this phone very much, and most probably this will be my nexty phone, and I don't care about how fast or good android as, as an android and symbian user myself, I prefer symbian no matter how my times it hangs! So please get lost android and iphone geeks!!!
I give this phone 9.5 out of 10, becasue i believe there are no perfect phone,
cant imangine the next nokia symbian 4 flagship!
can some one please tell me if the screen readable under direct sunlight
I'm using N73 now..... waiting to buy N8
but b4 dat plz tell me whether
i)is it possible to watch You tube vdo with this phone??
ii)Play Facebook games, like Mafia wars, Fast lane racing, with N8??
iii)Display options in google search as u type in the search bar??
Hi Singapore Guys,
This device will be officially released and start selling at Nokia Stores and authorized dealers in Singapore on November 5.While the network provider SingTel will be having a 1 month exclusive pre-sale of the device from November 5 onwards. Afterwhich, the rest of the network provider will be carrying the Nokia N8.You may also have the option to pre-order the device at Nokia website and you will get a free exclusive Nokia N8 spine casing. Furthermore, placing a pre-order before November 2 will receive the following:
1. Nokia MD-9 speaker
2. An additional 12 months warranty for the device
The pre order collection date will be on November 5 to 7. The price is still unknown.
Saurabh Mukhekar, 20 Oct 201017th Oct i bought New Nokia N*,looks good but when i took snaps from 12mp camera in day light ... morei,ve also noticed if i take photos at night on my satio that to make sure my finger dont go over the phone as this to make my photos look misty with the flash reflecting back of my fingers or maybe my wedding ring
I have managed to try this phone several times at the Nokia showroom. Here are my opinions.
The UI and performance of the phone seems acceptable. scrolling is smooth and responsive and the page follows my finger pretty closely as I swipe it across the screen.
The main draw of this camera is supposed to be the 1/1.83" 12 mpx sensor which rivals the advanced compact cameras such as G12, LX5, EX1 and the S95.
However, I find the camera interface to be a huge disappointment.
- The amount of control on ISO is limited. You can select a range: high, medium, low but you are not able to select the specific ISO value. For a phone touted to have an large-advanced sensor I find it surprising that Nokia would limit the ability to set ISO. My opinion is that people who does not know about ISO would not even bother to set the range of the ISO. On the other hand, those people who bothers to set ISO would like to be able to set the actual ISO, not just a cryptic range. Now Nokia really baffles me here.
- There is no display of shutter speed. Every shot I take is a gamble. I just hope that the phone gets it right and there will not be camera shake.
- There is no option to change the metering mode. Even my 2 years old Sony Ericsson C901 supports spot metering.
- There is no ability to zoom into an image immediately after a shot is taken. Most photographers shooting with digital cameras have the habit of immediately zooming into an image to check for motion blur or sharpness. After a shot is taken, the N8 preview does not allow you to do much. You will have to select 'edit', wait some time for the image to load and then be able to zoom. This is a major irritant to me. To get back to shooting, you will have to exit the edit mode, select 'back' again to return to the camera.
- The focus area is really huge. This limits the ability to focus on smaller objects.
- The camera menu is not well thought of. Instead of the usual important settings such as ISO, Macro, Metering mode, EV compensation, there is only a flash button on the main page. If you access the settings menu, you are presented with a bunch of less important settings like the sharpness, the contrast, etc... Perhaps the designer of N8 should buy him/herself a proper PnS camera to see how to design a camera interface.
In conclusion, I find the N8 to be a camera phone with all the right hardware but the wrong firmware. The picture quality is good and Nokia has to realize that the camera is the main selling point of this phone. With such a great sensor and lens, this should have been a home run for them. I cannot believe they screwed up the most important part of the phone, the GUI of the camera. Hopefully there will be a software update or a 3rd party camera app which provides a better camera GUI.
Saurabh Mukhekar, 20 Oct 201017th Oct i bought New Nokia N*,looks good but when i took snaps from 12mp camera in day light ... morei am just checking you dont have a leather case in which your phone fits in with the hole at the back for your camera its just that i have one for my satio and if i take photos with it at night the flash seems to reflect back of the leather cover and make the photo look like it is misty if you get me so i always take it out now and the photos are great
Nokia typical phones
nokia x3 touch and type
if nokia makes a e72i that has larger screen and higher resolution, house a gpu chip, then it is unrivalled
n8 is just the first step to rule the high end market, initially i thought the resolution is bad for the screen size, but when i got my hand on it, it is good enough, loudspeaker is louder and clearer than n97 mini, buy good hardware then waiting for good apps and games
Hi , can anyone pls let me know how to set video ringtones in nokia n8.
www.nokia.in has been mentioned that it has video ringtone features . But i cant access it.
Can anyone please help me out ?
i have just used this phone for a week all i can say is that n8 is the best phone in the world take it or leave it.
I dont know what all the fuss is about with android its an operating system, Symbian is an O/S of Nokia, the problem with everyone using Android is all the phones become so alike there is no true choice for customers. The same applies to the Apple i-phone it is still has the same operating system by rights just updated, the same problems can arise with apple as you are teathered to i-tunes, so its do as we say or dont bother, not a very good policy if you are manufacturing company, i cant see where apple can take it any further to create a better phone, as always go with what you like, all phone manufacturers know what they are doing and dont build hardware/software systems to fail but i think personally Nokia are going down the right path with true choice.