What about the call recording option? I didn't see it there in the specifications.
I had posted my opinion without using phone. Today I checked it in a Nokia Prio Dealer. and some more points (added to my previous one):
All I had mentioned earlier(see original post) mentioned plus following.
- GPS lock is very fast (Free Navigation) - without internet connection
- Build quality - Just amazing , its not plastic, its a longtime companion like all other Nokias
- USB on the go - Very useful, You dont need a computer to transfer something.
- This phone is fast (in responding to user inputs)- however not as good as HTC, samsumg etc - but more than enough for me!
- the GUI not as good as android - I must accept this, but I don't care about UI (Beauty is skin deep! - Performance matters!)
- I wanted a video light, I miss it badly, (Also can be used as torch.)
- Some times I miss the hard keys (keyboard), Since I was using a normal keypad phone(without touch), I feel uncomfortable since it has only one key(Menu) - It would have been nice to have at least a 'Back' button (Or Call/Disconnect buttons)- but its just a matter of getting used to it!
- Though Battery is good they could have made it 1500mah which would have made this phone even better (Which gives me luxuries like playing a movie, long internet browsing, Use it as camera for whole day heavily without having to worry about the battery, etc.)
[Original post (old)]:
I've been following these forum from last 7 days and see lot of Nokia bashers here!.
I own a Sony K750I and now planning to swith to N8. Let me give my view points:
I am a person who look at the value for money. and I think N8 gives it!
This one reason is sufficient for a normal user who doesn't give a s**t about the processor speed and operating system. (Which are the main drawbacks according to Android and iPhone fanboys).
If my phone performs all operations perfectly with a good speed and supports multitasking I don't give a f**k about what processor sits inside or what OS runs on it. It doesn't matter whether 680MHz ARM or some 1GHz snapdragon, Whether it's some funky Android or a normal Symbian!
For me , my phone should work and must be durable. That's all!....and nokia phones are known for these!
Look at the blind shootout results!
It beats a dedicated camera phone (Sony HX5v) comprehensively. (Forget about the other phone in competition!)
In India this camera costs at least 15K, so it is like buying a camera. (Though I agree that this phone doesn't provide FULL camera functionalities loke optical zoom)
Next point is the Video shooting capabilities. It has 720p@25fps cam which is more than enough for shooting your special occasions. So you get a video cam which is more than enough for a normal user.
I also read that no other smartphones are anywhere near to the battery performance of this phone.
Next is build quality, with Aluminum finishing i´t is very sturdy and is ideal for rough usage and also lasts longer than any other plastic phones.
It has 16 GB storage and I can use it as a music player.
So to summarize, you buy N8 it is eqúivalent to:
1) A very good digicam (Sa 10K)
2) An average video cam (That's OK for me!) (Say 5K)
3) A music player with enough memory (2K)
4) HDMI connectivity: Watch movies/photos, play games on TV!
5) A very good battey life (Galaxy,iPhone,HTC or Moto, none of these can beat N8 here - except Samsung Wave)
6) Amazing build quality, very sturdy
7) Finally it's market leader Nokia's phone! (Phone works perfectly unlike iPhone, where the basic function Phone itself has problems - LOL!)
For me, these reasons are enough to say that It's worth 26K (In India). So there's no wonder it's drawing everyone's attention here and will sell like a hot cake (or hot Dosa!) in India.
Not to forget that these are the main selling points according to me apart from so many other features this phone provides like USB on the go, USB charging, FM Tx/Rx, gorilla glass etc.
Anonymous, 16 Oct 2010nothing is better in sony x10 than n8.buddy he is sony fanboys and have afraid of this amazing n8 I know,I just want his opinion because I can explain why N8 is better :)
nyone who thinks this phone is slow or low on resources, ought to check this !!!!!
Unbelieveable seeing nokia doing this.
Anyone who thought nokia N8 is not going to handle power hungry apps in the background, please watch this video.
aiman, 16 Oct 2010the best handphone from nokia.window moblie 7 on nokia is the best.Its not windows 7 OS.
one of the best phone. Bye bye very confusing android os .and tata iphone
i got n8 orange today.. battery is not so bad and sound quality is good. is design is quite perfect and sexy.Who the hell is saying outdated os? Its miles ahead from old s60.. kindly u guys dont talk rubbish without using the phone. It clearly shows that u guys are fan boys of icrap and bloody samsung.. go play with ur toys.
The important thing that icrap guys should understand is, a phone must act as good phone 1st and gaming next. iam not a fanboy of nokia but a victim of icrap..
Gitty, 16 Oct 2010What r the better things in sony X10 than N8 ? Can u tell me ?nothing is better in sony x10 than n8.buddy he is sony fanboys and have afraid of this amazing n8
Dwane, 16 Oct 2010No I was wrong. It just keeps re-connecting to the wlan even though I select disconnect...?Guys my bad! Don't let my inexperience with a modern phone put you off getting this fantastic phone.
I didn't realise I had my emails on continuous update so that over rided the disconnect wlan request
Anonymous, 16 Oct 2010u shud go for htc desire hd n even 6 month old xperia x10 is far better than nokia n8 What r the better things in sony X10 than N8 ? Can u tell me ?
Anonymous, 16 Oct 2010On which basis the experience and value for money counts? Each one has different needs and and... morei agree he is a samsung fanboy that why he is prasing wave , galaxy .dont worry world know this n8 is amazing device
Anonymous, 16 Oct 2010Experience Iphone4 > Wave > Galaxy S Value for Money Wave > Galaxy S > Iphone... moreOn which basis the experience and value for money counts? Each one has different needs and and aspects according to it. I find N8 best for its value, your choice may be different.
saurabh, 16 Oct 2010its great no phone is more than this to challenge this...................its rockingi agree its a amazing phone .already a superhit
its great no phone is more than this to challenge this...................its rocking
Iphone4 > Wave > Galaxy S
Value for Money
Wave > Galaxy S > Iphone4
N8 not qualified
Luckily most of the good games in iphone are not devoloped by apple
developers have the choice to make and put their games in other platform
if they are made by apple, dont hold your breath for it
apple is realmoney sucker company
i dopnt see apple products can benefit human being
Munna, 16 Oct 2010:) Well u've actually made me even more confused .... I'm stuck between N8 & HTC Desire H... moreu shud go for htc desire hd n even 6 month old xperia x10 is far better than nokia n8