Nadeem Qureshi, 10 Oct 2010N8 doesnt have turn to mute feature. A wildfire @15,500 (mumbai, India) has it, even a lot of ... morewhat mute feature? nadeem can you tell exactly?
mute feature while playing music or while call?????
where you found out that N8 doesnt have feature you talking about? did you used it??? i think one more rumour or biased visitor.
kmmbd, 10 Oct 2010I guess you've been sleeping with your Wave for a while;-) I'll try to explain to you point by... morefriend whatever bada os is..still n8 cant play nfs shift,bruce lee,kroll n asphault5 like hd games so smoothly..n no cell phone can replace ur laptop its a truth..n i dont think n8 can also play 2-3 high def games at d same tym bcz it lags while only playing one game..prooven in youtube videoes..n remember wave is very new..in bada 1.2 we vi b having swype/t9 trace,fast multitusking etc..
Thanks wheeze, I like this phone because it has lifetime free navigation, 16gb internal memory card and expandable microsdhc, USB,mouse..
But after The final review of gsmarena of N8;
1.) Symbian^3 is only named changed the interface is same old symbian s60 like x6,n97,5800xm.
2.) The Internet Browser is very slow need to improved it.
3.) 12MP is not good at all very worst, i know that you are not a professional photographer to take it photos, but i could say resolution is not totally cleared compared to other brand. No Videolight.
4.) There is No Key button for call and end call.
5.) Games is also need to connect browser to use for gaming.
6.) Battery is not removable need to take it to nokia center if needed. need screwdriver.
Thanks Wheeze, Amanita and ALL OF YOU HERE. My Final Decision Not to get this phone. c6-01,c7 not good also the camera is no atofocus. E7 is good but no memory card slot. im waiting for Nokia MEEGo snapdragon nextyear or Samsung Galaxy Beam2 15MP with optic digital zoom android 2.2, dual core..
Pleased stop comparing N8 to iphone and wave. N8 is more Spec and features compared of two. All Smartphone it has pros and cos. Nokia will concentrate for new MEEGo OS nextyear.. Goodluck More Power Nokia Campany.. Cheers... :-)
[deleted post]noname, plz repost your comment b/c it is having so many typing and other errors, it will may confuse others.
Here many are talking emotionally without searching for facts.
for ex- by just knowing battery size you cant say how long its talktime.
Talktime/standby time depends on following things-
1. Battery size
2. CPU/chips - whether they consume more or less for smae functions. Like most laptop can do all the things with high speed but it consume less than 35w (including lcd) And for desktop with same configurations (CPU without lcd) available low consumption is 60w.
3. Software - how much it consume. It may vary for different functions in different OS
4. Network signals - believe me it affects very badly
As too many concern about N8 battery, i am telling you what i know. I am not comparing with anyother phone.
Apart how we are going to use it when we talk in general terms, N8 has very good battery time (upto 12hrs in 2G and 5hrs in 3G as per claims) It sounds true b/c -
1. 1200mAh (if will try to find most have similar, just look in feature list of all other)
2. As i found in all literatures, most chips are energy efficient in N8
3. S^3 is new so it is difficult to guess without using it or you can try to find in a review but it also depends on the features used while testing/reviewing. But old Symbians were very energy effficient.
4. it will depend where you are going to use, but still nokia's most phones have better reception while consuming less power as you can guess they are in network business also that's why they know better than anybody.
And also N8 having a power saving mode like some previous Nokia N-series phones, if you will use it then it will give you more backup.
[deleted post]It's really funny that you can't type the correct spelling of the words your trying to say. How on earth would I believe you if in the first place you can't even say it properly?
Samsung is sh*t just like you. Go to wave's page and praise all its awesomeness. If it's really that great, why would you come to N8's page?? I know, because you're definitely threatened and insecure by N8's existence! Threatened enough to trash talk N8 in vain hope that others would not purchase it.
Insecurity is an emotional disease, I hope you'll get well soon.
N8 is the best for me and for the people here, please learn to respect it, be educated!
[deleted post]I guess you've been sleeping with your Wave for a while;-) I'll try to explain to you point by point 'why' Samsung Wave is the best 'featurephone' out there and why N8 is one of the best smartphones out there.
1. You'll start crying foul since I called Wave a featurephone. Yes, it indeed is one. The Bada OS doesn't fulfill the first requirement of an independent OS - An internal application layer. Bada is actually a modifiable touchwiz. Samsung opened up the touchwiz architecture so that developers can make their app more accessible to the hardware. In simpler terms, all your apps and games just work as an extension to the underlying touchwiz interface, that's why Bada needs high RAM and processor.
2. Before you cry foul again saying that I don't own one, so how can I say. Well, I won't take that even if given for free (seriously). While I don't own one, my brother does. I have frequent access to it, and the interface does lag while multitasking. Don't go around lying about running 16 apps simultaneously, while it might do that (I've never felt like trying actually), the battery drains like an open tap with only 3 apps in the background (I tried opera mini, social hub, NFS Shift). Also some apps in the app market just quits while in background. So much for multitasking...
3. USB OTG is a really handy feature for us university students. We don't have to carry around a laptop just to show those .docx files. I guess either you've graduated (highly unlikely given your imbecillic attitude), or you spent up all your money on the Wave, so now you don't have any to 'afford' a pen-drive.
I really wished to say a lot more, but comparing a top-notch smartphone with a POS featurephone is really dumb and meaningless. Hope you'll lighten up soon...
N8 doesnt have turn to mute feature. A wildfire @15,500 (mumbai, India) has it, even a lot of LG's cookie series pieces have it.
see ovistore much of the apps n gamez r paid or lite version..even after buying such a costly fone u will have to pay 3$ to play asphault 5 n other hd gamez..
[deleted post]don waste your time here, go back to samsung forum....ppl here are reviewing for N8, not arguing.....
hey.....if i think about mobiles,i was seriously waiting for smething like n8....................thankyou
[deleted post]WoW!!! Great phone!
But why you still bothering other phone?
Why you still comparing your phone with n8?
IF the differences are true, stop comparing.
I wont compare a SLK with a minibus ;)
But maybe as a minibus owner, you'll try as hard as you can to compare with SLK.
Nite, and have fun.
[deleted post]No more wave plz ! Dont u understand why there is separate forum for each phone ? Hope u 've a brain to understand ! We dont want to know abt wave so stop posting same thing again n again !
Slavco, 10 Oct 2010I think it's actually stupid to compare N8 with the Desire HD and Iphone 4 since nokia n8 is l... moreright, it is foolish to compare phones on basis of only features. Price is also a imporatnt thing.
For all others as everybody's need is different, if feel love for particular phone/brand then go buy it.
But If you are trying to find best deal then definitely you cant beat N8 with features in this price range or with higher price range also & about software i will tell tomorrow as going to see its demo at nokia priority dealer.
And If you are comparing mobiles according to design then, iphone3G it was good but now old, its history, surprisingly iphone4 design is strange like a slim cigratte rectangular steel box, so i will not go for it. & Samsung smartphones all look quite similar to me, so how costly you will purchase noone would able to identify whether its 12k mobile or 32k. With nokia's old higher range mobiles they all had slider keypad, so design was heavy for pocket but i like N900's design and its functionallity. About N8, its dummy looks great, now lets c how actual N8 will look in hand. i will update tomorrow.
[deleted post]N8 does have a very powerful power saving mode, so stop talking bullshit.
nokia should give free games or great apps on N8 if they really want to succeed. one reason why iphone was and still is a huge hit is because of their apps. and the powerfull american media helps them a lot by reporting evrything apple and android news both of which are american companies.
TPNOC, 10 Oct 2010Hay Amanita Thx SO hav u preordered urs?No,I havent preordered,I can buy in 1st week of november because I am extremely busy in my studies ! I ll buy it in diwali,when I ll at my home !
AMANITA, 10 Oct 2010Yeah ,itz 26259 for preorders ! Check official site of Nokia N8 India !Hay Amanita
SO hav u preordered urs?