Anonymous, 30 Aug 2010i do not need LED on my Galaxy S. I used my iPhone for many years with no Flash. I think can u... moreI personally don't see Android as a benefit compared to the Symbian^3 when comparing the pros and cons of the phone.
Jay, 30 Aug 2010Galaxy S does not have a led or Xeon flash, to bad.
But the Galaxy S is a good phone it beate... morei do not need LED on my Galaxy S. I used my iPhone for many years with no Flash. I think can use and love my Galaxy S without Flash. A least get Android Os and many other advantages that N8 no give me.
I owen my sony TX-7 and no by my cell phone only for Camera. ha ha
Anonymous, 30 Aug 2010if you had felt that u r holding a cheap plastic toy phone when you held Samsung galaxy, you ... morei have my Samsung Galaxy S and never change it with this outdated OS phone. enough using same old outdid Os for 20 years.
sea-breeze, 30 Aug 2010today i hold in my hands a galaxy S ... what do nokia manager feel when he hold symbian in ... moreif you had felt that u r holding a cheap plastic toy phone when you held Samsung galaxy,
you have to go for N8 or any Nokia phones or Apple or Motorola ;).
But anyway i got your point, and my view is that
symbian phones are more stable than Samsung ( irrespective of android or bada os)
Gideon, 30 Aug 2010Does the N8 have offline navigation?Yeah ! No need of connection !
sea-breeze, 30 Aug 2010today i hold in my hands a galaxy S ... what do nokia manager feel when he hold symbian in ... moreWho told u that people dont need of 12mp camera ? Itz just ur thinking bcuz ur cheap galaxy doesnt have it ! U r an id!ot to talk abt the os which u havent used yet ! Keep ur biased opinion for urself !
loyal nokia fan, 30 Aug 2010i've given up on nokia when they released N97 .. the software was very poor, why even bother r... morethe n97 was quiet poor but i wouldnt let it put you of. example the old ford fiesta was dreadfull with alot of faults but the new ones very good its like eveything. companys always try and better there old products. accept apple they only thing they better is the price lol
sea-breeze, 30 Aug 2010today i hold in my hands a galaxy S ... what do nokia manager feel when he hold symbian in ... morei understand what you are saying mate but i dont think its fair to say thats what nokia use as there selling point i think any one thats willing to take out n8 are fully aware of the features thats why we want one.and just because its not gota biger computer than alot of smartphones its proven to be quiet fast and having a bigger computer has its disadvantages like poor battery life.
jeetu, 30 Aug 2010Hey bro thanx fr the info...but wen I asked nokia india priorty dealer he said at least 4 colo... morehi jeetu,
till now nobody in nokia india knows about the exact release date but expected to release after 25 sept or may be 1 week of october for sure..
i havent used nokia"s touch phones,
but i didnt like the sim card slot feature..
my last nokia phone was nokia n96,
at that tyme options were not available..
wt a waste of money i did..
but specs say this will be a hit and surely will be..
as i said black and silver are sure colours..
green may come by this week..
not sure abt blue or orange...
even im interested in only orange one..
will look pretty attractive in hand..
green is smwhere girlish typo..
blue looks pretty dull..
sea-breeze, 30 Aug 2010today i hold in my hands a galaxy S ... what do nokia manager feel when he hold symbian in ... moreGalaxy S does not have a led or Xeon flash, to bad.
But the Galaxy S is a good phone it beated that Crappel Iphone hahaha.
But SamSung will bring new Symbian phones on the market, because i think they see some major improvements in Symbian4.
today i hold in my hands a galaxy S ... what do nokia manager feel when he hold symbian in a hand and an android in the others :))))) nokia is so keen for the camera , they think the n8 camera is their selling point ..., but obviously thats not the market need anymore ..., really after trying the smooth galaxy s am again confused !
a strong os as froyo android with all capabilities with ordinary camera
a super made camera with a very very poor OS !!
what to choose !
If the N8 doesn't play divx videos where can you download films that are compatible from in the UK?
i've given up on nokia when they released N97 .. the software was very poor, why even bother releasing a crappy phone(N97) I paid 600$ USD for a so called "Flagship Phone." Com'on Nokia?! seriously?!you expect people to still buy this phone?
After what you've made out of the N97, it's time to move on people don't waste your time buying Nokia Phones there are better Phones out there that's worth your cash, don't waste your money on this one ..
Xeon, 30 Aug 2010What makes the Cortex A8 better than the ARM 11 CPU ?
Low risk and fast time to market
* Proven, well-understood and widely deployed family of processors
* Pre-verified supporting components and reference implementation flows
High performance in low-cost designs
* 800MHz to 1 GHz+ in 65 nm at under 2 mm2
* 1 to 4 cores in an SMP cluster with ARM11 MPCore™
* ARM System IP, Physical IP, and available third party design support
* ARM926/AHB to ARM11/AXI migration simplified through AMBA® AHB-AXI bridge fabric
Compelling end-user experience
* Significant uplift over the ARM926EJ-S™ processor in media, OS, and browser performance
* Cutting edge smartphone-class web browser support and extensive software and tool ecosystem
* Combine with Mali-200 to provide Open GL ES 2.0 support for rich UI
The ARM11 is broadly deployed in a range of SoCs and OEM products
ARM11 Processor Family Features:
* Powerful ARMv6 instruction set architecture
* ARM Thumb® instruction set reduces memory bandwidth and size requirements by up to 35%
* ARM Jazelle® technology for efficient embedded Java execution
* ARM DSP extensions
* SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data) media processing extensions deliver up to 2x performance for video processing
* ARM TrustZone® technology for on-chip security foundation (ARM1176JZ-S and ARM1176JZF-S processors)
* Thumb-2 technology (ARM1156(F)-S only) for enhanced performance, energy efficiency and code density
* Low power consumption:
o 0.6 mW/MHz (0.13 µm, 1.2 V) including cache controllers
o Energy saving power-down modes address static leakage currents in advanced processes
* High performance integer processor
o 8-stage integer pipeline delivers high clock frequency (9 stages for ARM1156T2(F)-S)
o Separate load-store and arithmetic pipelines
o Branch Prediction and Return Stack
* High performance memory system design
o Supports 4-64k cache sizes
o Optional tightly coupled memories with DMA for multi-media applications
o High-performance 64-bit memory system speeds data access for media processing and networking applications
o ARMv6 memory system architecture accelerates OS context-switch
* Vectored interrupt interface and low-interrupt-latency mode speeds interrupt response and real-time performance
* Optional Vector Floating Point coprocessor for automotive/industrial controls and 3D graphics acceleration (ARM1136JF-S, ARM1176JZF-S and ARM1156T2F-S processors)
* All ARM11 family processors are delivered as ARM-Synopsys Reference Methodology compliant deliverables which significantly reduce the time to generate a specific technology implementation of the core and to generate a complete set of industry standard views and models.
Xeon, 30 Aug 2010What makes the Cortex A8 better than the ARM 11 CPU ?
he Cortex-A8 high-performance processor is proven in end devices today. From high-end feature phones to netbooks, DTVs, printers and automotive-infotainment, the Cortex-A8 processor offers a proven high-performance solution with millions of units shipped annually.
The processor is particularly suited to high-performance applications.
* Frequency from 600MHz to 1GHz and above
* High-performance, Superscalar microarchitecture
* NEON™technology for multi-media and SIMD processing
* Binary compatibility with ARM926, ARM1136, and ARM1176 Processors
The Cortex-A8 is designed to meet the needs of markets requiring high performance with power-efficiency, often integrating web connectivity, including:
65nm LP process 65nm G+ process
Optimized Synthesized Optimized Synthesized
Frequency (MHz) 600 500 1 GHz 750
at ss, 1.08v, 125 C
at SS, 0.9v, 125C
Area with L1 Cache (mm2)