today i hold in my hands a galaxy S ... what do nokia manager feel when he hold symbian in a hand and an android in the others :))))) nokia is so keen for the camera , they think the n8 camera is their selling point ..., but obviously thats not the market need anymore ..., really after trying the smooth galaxy s am again confused !
a strong os as froyo android with all capabilities with ordinary camera
a super made camera with a very very poor OS !!
what to choose !
If the N8 doesn't play divx videos where can you download films that are compatible from in the UK?
i've given up on nokia when they released N97 .. the software was very poor, why even bother releasing a crappy phone(N97) I paid 600$ USD for a so called "Flagship Phone." Com'on Nokia?! seriously?!you expect people to still buy this phone?
After what you've made out of the N97, it's time to move on people don't waste your time buying Nokia Phones there are better Phones out there that's worth your cash, don't waste your money on this one ..
Xeon, 30 Aug 2010What makes the Cortex A8 better than the ARM 11 CPU ?
Low risk and fast time to market
* Proven, well-understood and widely deployed family of processors
* Pre-verified supporting components and reference implementation flows
High performance in low-cost designs
* 800MHz to 1 GHz+ in 65 nm at under 2 mm2
* 1 to 4 cores in an SMP cluster with ARM11 MPCore™
* ARM System IP, Physical IP, and available third party design support
* ARM926/AHB to ARM11/AXI migration simplified through AMBA® AHB-AXI bridge fabric
Compelling end-user experience
* Significant uplift over the ARM926EJ-S™ processor in media, OS, and browser performance
* Cutting edge smartphone-class web browser support and extensive software and tool ecosystem
* Combine with Mali-200 to provide Open GL ES 2.0 support for rich UI
The ARM11 is broadly deployed in a range of SoCs and OEM products
ARM11 Processor Family Features:
* Powerful ARMv6 instruction set architecture
* ARM Thumb® instruction set reduces memory bandwidth and size requirements by up to 35%
* ARM Jazelle® technology for efficient embedded Java execution
* ARM DSP extensions
* SIMD (Single Instruction Multiple Data) media processing extensions deliver up to 2x performance for video processing
* ARM TrustZone® technology for on-chip security foundation (ARM1176JZ-S and ARM1176JZF-S processors)
* Thumb-2 technology (ARM1156(F)-S only) for enhanced performance, energy efficiency and code density
* Low power consumption:
o 0.6 mW/MHz (0.13 µm, 1.2 V) including cache controllers
o Energy saving power-down modes address static leakage currents in advanced processes
* High performance integer processor
o 8-stage integer pipeline delivers high clock frequency (9 stages for ARM1156T2(F)-S)
o Separate load-store and arithmetic pipelines
o Branch Prediction and Return Stack
* High performance memory system design
o Supports 4-64k cache sizes
o Optional tightly coupled memories with DMA for multi-media applications
o High-performance 64-bit memory system speeds data access for media processing and networking applications
o ARMv6 memory system architecture accelerates OS context-switch
* Vectored interrupt interface and low-interrupt-latency mode speeds interrupt response and real-time performance
* Optional Vector Floating Point coprocessor for automotive/industrial controls and 3D graphics acceleration (ARM1136JF-S, ARM1176JZF-S and ARM1156T2F-S processors)
* All ARM11 family processors are delivered as ARM-Synopsys Reference Methodology compliant deliverables which significantly reduce the time to generate a specific technology implementation of the core and to generate a complete set of industry standard views and models.
Xeon, 30 Aug 2010What makes the Cortex A8 better than the ARM 11 CPU ?
he Cortex-A8 high-performance processor is proven in end devices today. From high-end feature phones to netbooks, DTVs, printers and automotive-infotainment, the Cortex-A8 processor offers a proven high-performance solution with millions of units shipped annually.
The processor is particularly suited to high-performance applications.
* Frequency from 600MHz to 1GHz and above
* High-performance, Superscalar microarchitecture
* NEON™technology for multi-media and SIMD processing
* Binary compatibility with ARM926, ARM1136, and ARM1176 Processors
The Cortex-A8 is designed to meet the needs of markets requiring high performance with power-efficiency, often integrating web connectivity, including:
65nm LP process 65nm G+ process
Optimized Synthesized Optimized Synthesized
Frequency (MHz) 600 500 1 GHz 750
at ss, 1.08v, 125 C
at SS, 0.9v, 125C
Area with L1 Cache (mm2)
i think dis is outstandin set in every aspect money ,cam,processor,batery memory network etc
Anonymous, 30 Aug 2010Wheez, it's actually overclocked. Significantly overclocked. It's old ARM11, not Cortex.Euhm sorry to say but it is underclocked because ARM11 starts at 800Mhz so your wrong.
PJay, 30 Aug 2010Still a slow 600+ processor... WHY? when there are 1.2GHz CPU's in the wild already! THe metal... moreThis processor is underclocked to 680Mhz but it can run over 1GHZ+.
Symbian is a light os comapred to IOS and Android, but the GPU in the N8 is good :)
Wheez, 30 Aug 2010Cos Symbian is light enough to run well with just 680Mhz. That processor is even underclocked.... moreWheez, it's actually overclocked. Significantly overclocked. It's old ARM11, not Cortex.
[deleted post]Go post somewere else this is a N8 page no Crapple Iphone.
Every one who thinks iphone is the best phone ever made think again stupid, iphone specs are JACK SHIT compared to the N8 and the Galaxy S.
Sure it has retina display and a nice gui but that's it.
It does not even have proper bluetooth or flash for example.
It's already in Main Nokia Flagship Salon (Moscow). Though not being sold atm, but should be launched soon
PJay, 30 Aug 2010Still a slow 600+ processor... WHY? when there are 1.2GHz CPU's in the wild already! THe metal... moreCos Symbian is light enough to run well with just 680Mhz. That processor is even underclocked.
No point in putting in a monster CPU that will have no real use but to consume the battery even more than necessary.
guest, 30 Aug 2010its true, N8 does not suport DIVX "Often can be heard rumors that the device supports Di... moreThe n8 which is going to go on sale might not have divx support. But didn't nokia say that they will bring an update in nov which will contain divx support
guest, 30 Aug 2010its true, N8 does not suport DIVX
"Often can be heard rumors that the device supports Di... morehere see this vid, its showing the USB OTG feature of N8, while he connects his drives, you can clearly see him playing DIVX and MKV on the N8, without installing any divx or movie player, this clearly depicts N8 supports major codecs natively, now you can stop spreading fake rumors
here's the link :
http://www . youtube . com/watch?v=LtUVHNa1hBM
Still a slow 600+ processor... WHY? when there are 1.2GHz CPU's in the wild already! THe metal bits look good but the whole pointed edge effect...nahhh.
[deleted post]well get your self on the iphone one if you dont like nokia. and take your recycled bumper with you