Anonymous, 12 Jul 2010I'm confuse..SOme say August, some say October...Haih, dunno which is true...I thought September, but as I was desperate to get this ASAP, I had checked it out again and it was AGREED by Nokia the N8 will be released on the 25th August 2010 in the UK!
Nokia N8 Photography FAQs
1. Why doesnít the Nokia N8 include a mechanical lens cover?﻿
2. The Nokia N8 uses the largest image sensor ever in a mobile, bigger than many digital compacts, does this mean the noise levels will be much lower than any other competitor product?﻿
3. Sharpness vs. detail, whatís the difference?﻿
4. What improvements have you made in response times in the camera?﻿
5. Why did you choose 12-megapixel rather than 8-megapixel or 5-megapixel?﻿
6. Is there a mechanical shutter in the N8ís camera?﻿
7. When shooting video, sometimes the scene seems distorted, almost jelly-like, why is that?﻿
8. Does the Nokia N8 include image and video stabilization?﻿
9. Why didnít Nokia implement a continuous autofocus system for video?﻿
10. There appears to be an LED by the Xenon flash. Can that be used as a video light?﻿
11. The N8 uses Xenon flash for stills but why didnít you include an LED solution for video?﻿
12. Whatís the flash range?﻿
13. Given you have the largest sensor ever in a mobile phone I am expecting the noise to be extremely low especially in low light?﻿
14. At a glance, images from other devices tend to look sharper, why is that given the N8ís Carl Zeiss optics?﻿
15. Why did you choose a 28mm lens rather than the more typical 35mm?﻿
16. With the 28mm wide-angle optics, surely thereíll be distorted images which will mean I canít capture portraits?﻿
17. The Nokia N8 provides only 2x digital zoom in stills and 3x zoom in video, can you explain why?﻿
18. Can you comment on the actual measured performance of the optics?﻿
19. How close will I be able to shoot still images?﻿
20. The Nokia N86 8MP used a variable aperture lens design but the Nokia N8 doesnít, why?﻿
21. Iíve heard the sensor used in the Nokia N8 is the largest ever used in a mobile. Could you confirm the size?﻿
22. Can you please describe the audio recording capability?﻿
23. What resolution does the HDMI provide?﻿
24. How well does the AMOLED display perform in bright light?﻿
25. How does the shutter key feel?﻿
26. In previous products, Nokia has used a large area for autofocus. Why the change to a more conventional small centre spot area?﻿
27. Why didnít you include features such as smile detection?﻿
28. Are the red-eye removal and face detection systems the same as in the Nokia N86 8MP?﻿
29. Can you comment on the recording capability in video?﻿
30. Nokia have tended to provide very small file sizes. Looking at the file sizes of some of the images on the web, it looks as though Nokia are continuing in this way?﻿
31. I noticed that in some images, even in bright light according to the EXIF information, the sensitivity appears to be slightly above 100 e.g. ISO 105. It seems strange to not use ISO 100 all of the time in bright light?﻿
32. Are you able to comment on your approach to auto white balance?﻿
33. Do you use any dynamic range booster with the Nokia N8?﻿
34. Will there be a RAW output mode for still images?﻿
this is v v interesting..
e they creatin a phone?
nooooooooooo!!!is a ringing camera!!!!
shak, 12 Jul 2010Oder of the day. Nokia shld come up with Andriod based phones if they want to gain lost markettell your advice to microsoft first, and let's see if bill gates would be glad to hear you. they need more market share rather than nokia
Oder of the day. Nokia shld come up with Andriod based phones if they want to gain lost market
surely tough fight between iphone4 and n8 ,but nokia n8 will win surely after all NOKIA is the world leader
when the hell nokia will launch this mobile its too much to wait come on nokia dont lose your buyer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous, 12 Jul 2010Nokia N8 1. Capacitive screen. 2. 16gb + expandable memory. 3. AMOLED screen. 4. 12 MP ca... moreI totally agree with you! But the batery life isn't such a big problem though. 50 hours of non-stop music play is like the best! Yeah Symbain ^3 doesn't have to have fancy eye-candy like the rivals. This is a cell-phone, and Nokia hit the nail on the head with the N8, giving people a chance to own a feature packed phone without the need to empty their pockets. My anticipation for it is growing each day!
1. Capacitive screen.
2. 16gb + expandable memory.
3. AMOLED screen.
4. 12 MP camera+xenon flash
5. HD video output *(12mbps)
6. Free turn by turn navigation for lifetime.
7. On board GPS chip.
8. USB OTG.
9. Wireless BT keyboard+mouse.
10.720p output via HDMI cable.
Things i dint like:
2.Non user replaceable battery.(In case of long hours of video shooting and stills )
And for the user interface :
I personally think that N8's user interface is not a problem cause Nokia gives functionality over funky icons and UI.
And as a average joe , i dont think that i will install more than 30 apps on the device (for more intensive apps i use my pc or laptop). NO need for 50k apps gimmick.
Waiting for Nokia to release this device....
The release date is october? It was suggest to be in august?
GSMARENA plz say the excat release date.TNX
YJ, 12 Jul 2010No Android, no 1GHz, no rich apps.. Its simple, its easy, its Nokia. Please dont talk to a bet... more
Exactly. The is no point to whine about the specs. N8 specs in stone now and they will either work for you as the total package or not. We will see post release whether Nokia did it right or half right. :)
Anonymous, 12 Jul 2010A superb phone, just wondered if NOKIA could add a 4 inch SuperAMOLED with at least a 1Ghz Sna... moreNo Android, no 1GHz, no rich apps.. Its simple, its easy, its Nokia. Please dont talk to a better spec in here.
Anonymous, 12 Jul 2010I'm confuse..SOme say August, some say October...Haih, dunno which is true...October came up on some UK operator's road map. It is not necessary when Nokia puts the device out into the world. It may become available in August but that specific operator releases it in October. Do not forget that operators usually do plenty of own network testing and tuning to own network prior to offering devices.
eagerly waiting for n8 to get launched
i think will be a serious competition between nokia n8 and apple i4
A superb phone, just wondered if NOKIA could add a 4 inch SuperAMOLED with at least a 1Ghz Snapdagon, Android Gingerbread and a 1850 mAh Li-PO battery, this phone would become INVINCIBLE. To hell with the price, just make it.