iphone 4 is out and it will get beat by n8 when n8 will be released, but for now let the isheep enjoy their toy as it brings nothing new to the world...
nokia respects it's customers by giving them as more features possible to get with less money than apple charge for nothing new...
comparing n8 with iphone 4, shows how apple are so behind...
Evoss, 07 Jun 2010now immediatelly nokia fails in display resolution against iphon 4ya but thats too high on same sized screen that of N8. I dont know technically but read lot of people stating diffience can not be noticed by naked human eyes.. If its true then high resolution hardly makes sense..
IMHO, this is an epic fail from Nokia. I wanted very much to like this phone, since it is the first true 3G WORLD phone, but that's where it stops. Nokia falls short on the rest of the specs on a phone that had real potential to sweep the global market thanks to its compatibility around the world.
1) Physical design: aluminum casing or not, users will quickly find out how fast the corners of this phone will wear out constantly being moved in and out of the pocket with such defined corners. And overall, it looks nowhere as sleek or stylish as some of the other phones out there. Who at Nokia decided tapered ends still looked good?
2) ARM 11 680 MHz processor...really Nokia? All the big players have implemented 1GHz processors in their flagship phones, and you still choose to stick with 680 MHz. I don't care how refined Symbian ^3 is, any current Nokia user knows how dated the current Symbian OSs are, and a slow processor never helps.
3) Symbian ^3: Say whatever you like about it, the reality is it's not going to win over anyone on the fence. SE did something smart and decided to start following the Android OS, and Nokia should have followed suit to reach a bigger market. By stubbornly choosing to stick to their own coding, they're just continuing to narrow their market.
4) 12MP camera: Sure, it might fool the most basic consumer, but that's not who this phone is geared towards. Nice to see Nokia try to work on the sensor size and even put in a ND filter, but 12 MP is completely unnecessary on a phone and will never be needed. Stick to 8 MP max, and work more on improving the sensor.
5) Release date: others have already mentioned this before. The smart players know when to release their phones. By delaying release, Nokia is missing out on many potential customers. Sure, I'm all for delaying for the purpose of working out the kinks on the phone, but if you need to delay that long, that means there's been some major hiccups, and that's only going to raise eyebrows.
That's all I needed to say. I'm not a fanboy of any one company. I'm a smart consumer (or at least try to be) and do all my research before buying into anything. I'm not saying tis will be a bad phone, but I'm just saying it had the potential to be so much more than it will be. Nokia once again dropped the ball.
but with another features what this nokia has iphon 4g totally fails !!! 12 mpx xenon flash definetly buying this but first iphon 4g ? :DDDDDDDDD
Its really historical day! Apple brings something like magic..! video calling.. introduced by others many years ago except this fruit company.. BUT apple has something more to offer in this department.. something really historical..!
its a iPhone to iPhone video calling over wi-fi (ya, over wi-fi only n allowed between two iSheets only)
Be ready to experience!
ROLF! now can anyone tell me how this phone will compete against already grown compelition? Bluetooth functionality is still restricted.. wtf? people now undertand whats restricted licenced burden stuff is and whats wide open sourced is. N8 surprice us at the same departments iphone disappoints. Nokia just need to set symbian right and to push meego extensively. Hopefully they are heading in right direction.
the iphone 4g doesn't bringing nothing revolutionary !!
evrerything what is now in iphone 4 there was long time in other mobiles such SE or Nokia !!
iPhone 4 is coming on 24th June, and Nokia is still pending :@ COMONNNNNNNNNNN
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010no, there's no stylus. This phone has a CAPACITIVE touch screen, not a resistive one. hence it... moreAccording to this http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-n8/specifications N8 will come with capacitive stylus in some market (dont remember but some sources says only in china). But you can buy it seperately.
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010is coming with stylus?I think only in china. By the way you can also buy seperate capacitive stylus online.
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010no, there's no stylus. This phone has a CAPACITIVE touch screen, not a resistive one. hence it... morebe fair n tell the advantages as well..! people would have cried if N8 comes with resistive.. thats it..
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010is coming with stylus?no, there's no stylus. This phone has a CAPACITIVE touch screen, not a resistive one. hence it recognizes touch signals through charge's in ur finders rather than a physical push. that is one of the disadvantages to capacitive--no hand writing recognition. also, you can't be wearing gloves or using ur fingers to use this phone even if ur finger has a bandage on.
Wondering what nokia is waiting for, some good device's are coming soon! are they gonan put us on hold for longer? at least let us know the date :S UGH
AMANITA, 07 Jun 2010I like ORANGE,BLACK ! I always had black coloured nokia so think i ll get orange this time ;)Thanks. :)
its features are really good, but compared to x1-, it will be left behind, but in its price range, its really cheap for all the stuff stuck in its hardware, nice nokia, but i still stick to SE
kevinaux, 07 Jun 2010I'm sorry Rajesh, I fail to see where I answered my own question there. I did ask why they sto... moreThanks for your explaination. But there is a problem which I need a solution from you. The example of P4 processor which you gave here is a desktop processor. What clock speed processor from Intel I was speaking is a mobile pc ( laptop/notebook ) processor. So if you give me an example of desktop processor and compare it with mobile phone processor there is no logic behind the calculations. So kindly tell us about mobile intel processors. Since you are from Processor industry we all are so lucky to have you here and we would like to know more and more and more about mobile phone and laptop processors...I am a technology fan and always look forward to here from people like you. For your info I have friends in every technology departments like Intel, Nokia, SE, Samsung, Siemens, Cisco, AMD etc and we do have meetings quiet often and update each other about modern technology...I would love to hear from you and would like to have you for more discussions henceforth...Which company are you associated with???