AnonD-28873, 27 Feb 2012you noob, you dont deserve to have n8... Poor you, you dont even know how to update in a right... morenow you are becoming a real troll. Why all these applications I mentioned (and which they have been installed properly) were working on N8 with Anna? An upgrade should optimally be "transparent" for the user. But with Belle even if you do it properly you get problems. And what is this reply? If the software is not working is me that I am wrong? why it was working previously? I mean, man give me a break; OK you have any right to be a Nokia-fundamentalist but do not tell me that I do not know how to upgrade a phone or its applications. Believe my I know.
Seems N8 price gone down. Pls can someone tell me the current price now pls.
Lexyneke, 26 Feb 2012Hope to see you return to Nokia with apologies, when they regain their ingenuity!! And, it won... moreI will return with apologies if and only if they will become again the company that it used to be 5 years ago. A company focusing on innovation and user satisfaction. A company that was leading the way on mobile technology and not a company in panic.
Stephen Elop said 2 years ago that Nokia was standing on a "burning platform". So he just decided that Symbian will be sacrificed (he had no guts to go out and say that I am going to make this platform the best one even if it is on fire right now). He show the "tsunami" of Android coming and he panicked; and instead of investing on innovation for software he left his company to be depended on another corporation (Windows). Tell me is this the Nokia we used to know? Nokia is abandoning Symbian and he choose to do this the worst way.
Anonymous, 27 Feb 2012OK. I'll be specific on the comments about the Belle disaster: 1. After upgrading my N8 to ... moreyou noob, you dont deserve to have n8... Poor you, you dont even know how to update in a right way... Updating thru nokia suite doesnt mean you update the way correctly sometimes it depends on what apps you have installed in your phone...
AnonD-43825, 26 Feb 2012Be specific about your comments here. or else no one will believe you. what problems have you ... moreOK. I'll be specific on the comments about the Belle disaster:
1. After upgrading my N8 to Belle, the Lotus Notes Traveler is not working properly. It disconnects from the server at least 10 times every day and it freezes the phone at least once per day. In addition my calendar entries are not synchronized properly.
2. Anytime I try to use skype is freezing and it needs reset.
3. Google maps not running AT ALL.
4. Whatsapp is also not working properly resulting in restarts
5. Every night I switch my mobile off. Next morning when I switch on it takes 3 minutes (literally) to restore all 4 home screens(even the ones that have no internet wizard on)
6. Nokia radio. It has lost functionality completely. stations that I used to listen flawlessly are unstable and the connection is going off every 10-15 minutes and takes 2-3 minutes to come back.
7. First screen of messaging menu: I do not like that it does not shows the folders but it shows by default the recent messages. They should have at least include a shortcut at the bottom line to go directly to the folders. Now I need to choose folders from the menu options every time.
8. Camera: I have a feeling (although I am not sure) that is is slower and results in lower quality photos.
9. Profiles menu: it is not available any more inthe status bar on top.
Are these enough or you are going to call me a troll again?
Important note: I've done a proper upgrade by using Nokia suite and I followed all instructions as requested.
[deleted post]No I am not a troll. You are a Nokia-fundamentalist. You just believe in Nokia like being a religious but it is just a brand. That's all. I am repeating: I use Nokia 15 years now! But after the disaster that it is called Belle and the stupid Nokia-Windows alliance it is the END! Nokia should invest in innovation in mobile technology both in hardware and software. Instead of this Nokia is investing on 41MP cameras for mobile phones. Give me a break! It is like the VW will invest on equipping a Golf with a Rolex! Nokia has just lost it completely!
I updated my N8 to Belle one week back...Just 2 days before updation,my USB port stopped recognizing...Now my phone is automatically switching off...In irregular intervals...I have to check frequently whether it is ON or OFF ":( :(...Help me....plzzz....
friends plz help me. Until today my N8 on C drive had 70mb free memory, today I didn't work anything on N8 and now C memory is only 50mb! Please, where gone 20mb. Tried with mobile cleaner, clear cache in web, search in file browser and nothing helps. Any advice please.
Hi Camera phone lover, 808 is coming soon, prepare your self to change to 808!
Check this: http://europe.nokia.com/PRODUC...itepaper.pdf
AnonD-43825, 26 Feb 2012congratulations to all nokia N8 users...stay at the number 1 spot...you deserve it...at last..... moreplease help me i couldn't access the internet in my phone what steps could i use when accessing NOKIA N8
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2012Will check out Century City, thanx JayDi. I downloaded Belle from Ovi Store. When it came it ... moreUnfortunately Belle is not available OTA. You have to update your phone via the latest OVI suite then you'll be good to go
I want to ask, is upgrade to Belle the purple screen problem in N8 now solved?
Anonymous, 26 Feb 2012I use Nokia 15 years and I am (was, actually) one of the most loyal Nokia supporters. But afte... moreOH NO BELLE IS NOT A DISASTER...
why do nokia get so much good feedback about it??
people love nokia belle,
AnonD-19420, 26 Feb 2012Hey MARK.
I'm from paarl, SA. Tell me do any other channels work on that DBV? I do not have... moreWill check out Century City, thanx JayDi.
I downloaded Belle from Ovi Store. When it came it to finalisation, it asks for pc connection to complete the upgrade. Can I upgrade without a pc or is that a standard issue? Pls assist, thanx