DK, 13 Feb 2012It’s been 3 days I’ve updated mine still lot more to learn , according to my experience, I’d l... moreDear DK,
Thanks for your reply. But sorry, don't mind, you didn't understand half of my speech here & held it against me. I'm trying to clarify them here:
1. When in Anna, I used to keep only two folders in my main menu screen, other 10 were applications. The folders contained the subfolders to get more applications. Suppose, I had folder 'A' & folder 'B' in my main menu. Both had subfolder 'A1' & 'A2" & 'B1' & 'B2' inside which had applications sorted in different criteria. I had Folder 'A1', 'A2', 'B1' & 'B2' in my homescreen for quick access. So I didn't need to press more times to access those applications in those folders. Now, if I put folders in my main menu, think how many folders do I need to keep: Office, Games, Gadgets, Entertainment, Logic (contains settings apps), Desk (contains special apps like Vlingo & timer etc). If already six of my places are taken by folders, where is the place for applications like google maps, recorder, Opera Mobile, FM Radio, Settings (main), Photo Editor, Video Editor, Messaging, LinkedIn, Adobe Reader, QuickOffice etc? Those are some of the apps I use most frequently. The thing I'm saying is, if there was option like before, then both you (who want flat menu) & me (who want folders & sub-folders) would be happy. What was wrong with being both happy? Besides, in iOS & Android, you have pages for apps. You know that you'll find a certain app in a certain page. In Symbian^3 series (Belle), if you scroll, you don't know where you'll stop (based on your scrolling pressure, it'll stop closer or further). So, to find a certain app, it takes more time than in Android or iOS.
2. I didn't get any 'Activate Voice Command Application' anywhere. Can you please describe how can I reach to that point? I have Vlingo, but using a third party software for something I already had, isn't that being stupid? Please, pretty please, guide me how can I activate the voice DIALING, not command (FYI, voice dial can dial a contact by recognising your said name, specially helpful when I'm driving a car & cannot look at the screen of the phone, I just double press the call button of my bluetooth car handsfree & it waits for the name.)
3. I never said that the music player widget or mail widget is NOT AWESOME, they are GREAT. But they were supposed to have more sizes available (up to five).
4. The lock screen clock DOES NOT go off. I checked it by putting it under a pillow (the proximity sensor part) & waited a few minutes. It never went off. Might happen that some options are there which I have missed, but you activated.
5. I didn't say I have ANY issue on multiple marking in gallery. All I said is that previously it needed only a single click (just the check mark icon) to activate multiple marking option. Now I have to click option > Mark/Unmark > Mark Multiple Items (3 clicks) to do the same. Won't you agree that 3 clicks are more than 1 click? That's all I said, nothing else.
6. I didn't say the call log option (30 days) is not available. I said, both the buttons do the same - bring the same window. It would have been better, if one of it would bring up the detailed call log menu.
Please, try to understand while you read. I hope you don't mind me correcting you. Even if you do, I needed to correct you, so that you don't mislead people understanding what I'm trying to say.
Belle is really a good addition to Symbian devices and I am more than happy with it on my N8.
I do need a great support from Symbian^3 users and Nokia fans in order to improve this refined experience even much more useful and easy. For the purpose on the following link I place some concept and ideas and please if you can, give your feedback about it.
Just to be clear that site is not my personal site and my only objective is to do something for Symbian.
Hi everyone Belle Update is available for N8 Now! I jest received email from Nokia....
Enrique, 14 Feb 2012Is nokia n8 has NFC after upgrade to belle? @Enrique: Nope I think. N8 does not have NFC chip.
Guys after the belle update. When I'm playing .AVI file, the video will start but after 3 to 4 seconds the video will stop and my phone will hang. Do you guys experience this kind of issue too? please I need feedback here.
Take note: I did a clean install of the BELLE update.
when upgraded to belle it runs smooth like gushing knive in butter no issues of lagging n hang
Dalai, 13 Feb 2012Hi Nokia N8-users!
I´m thinking of buying me an N8. I can get it for about 350 USD in... more@ Dalai,
Yes, i recommend you buying it, but be carefull to be "made in Finland" and not elsewhere.
Enrique, 13 Feb 2012Is Belle has power saving? I need ur information..Yes Enrique....Belle has power saving....all u need to do is just press the power button once and you will get option to activate power saving.....follow the same procedure to deactivate power saving....
If you're having trouble with updating qt, try downloading the most recent version of the Nokia store at Nokia's beta labs site. That's what worked for me.
I just fell in love again with my N8 ! Belle is Awesome no need for windows or any other OS the best hardware and OS combo!
ovidelis, 11 Feb 2012I have Nokia N8 and yerterday i installed symbina belle,and now i have problems,my N8 not work... moreHI Ovidelis ,
Even my N8 stopped working after the update to belle and went to Nokia care center and they have taken my mobile to the head office to repair.. Hope i haven't received my mobile yet they said they will sort out the problem by 7-10days .. so my personal opinion is go to NCC rather going for any other shop and they will fix it out ...
But missing my N8 from last wednesday .....hope will get my hands back on this saturday counting my days ..
Ray Hipkiss, 13 Feb 2012 @ N8 and me I haven't updated my phone to Belle because my operator hasn't yet approved... moreHi Mr Ray, thank u for ur help, d link u provided did not have the qt component 1.01 or higher that i needed, and also other qt's like webkit have a lower version dan even d one i have in my phone. Pls i need qt version 4.8, qt component 1.01 or higher download link. Thank u
Suhanoo, 12 Feb 2012What's wrong with you Nokia? I mean, come'n, wake up, look around. iOS, Android OS, BBOS, even... moreIt’s been 3 days I’ve updated mine still lot more to learn , according to my experience, I’d like to share something which u can try it by yourself ….. Yes it’s true that there is no option for sub folder inside a folder but I created a folder in the main menu and I kept all the games in it and another one in which I kept all the office Apps which is not so bat . Even the arrangement of folder and application are must better then Anna.
Yes we know that ‘In Anna, I could just press and hold the "call" button, or the green call button, my phone would get ready for my voice call.
But now we have better option which is “activate Voice Command Application and keep a shortcut in your home screen-just press the icon and speak the name of the person whom you want to call. Or download Vlingo (available in OVI store) and you will be getting must more option like status updates on facebook, twitter, write sms and also u can even command for Google search in the web.
Even the icon in the home screen is far better according to me. now we can even check the mail in bigger widgets and music player widget is awesome…
I like the new version of browser in which we can open many windows, select and copy text from the page, watch video while downloading and so on ……
Even in Belle, my lock screen clock would go off if kept in my pocket or the phone was faced down (saving energy in the process) the only difference is “it’s too fast to turn on the clock, we hardly notice that whether it was on sleeping mode or not but I have experience it, it’s working . And I’m using sleeping screen Apps which is nice screen saver.
I don’t find any issue in gallery for multiple marking –Go to option and select mark all- in order to mark all or if want to select multiple photos –select mark multiple items option ….
Even call log option is fine it’s giving one month call details …..
But still lot more to experience…….All the best keep N8-ing
Great Camera! Great battery Life! Great Phone Features!
pretty smooth as well for a 680mHZ phone. This phone is worth it! Apps are not that plenty but key apps are there. Sync FB pics to contacts, birthdays, download youtube vidos, download FB pictures for starters.
Dalai, 13 Feb 2012Hi Nokia N8-users!
I´m thinking of buying me an N8. I can get it for about 350 USD in... morefully recommended to go for the N8, best value for the money, now you have Belle with it, You can grab it from Amazon for less than $350