Ray Hipkiss, 11 Feb 2012
That is very good advice that I myself have offered to others on other forums... moreHi , RAY.. would like to know, how is ur experience with the rebirth of N8.
I updated my phone on 8th, and frm then was waiting to share my experience once everybody done wid there instalations.
As SUHANOO says N8 is fast n smooth and at any given time i can see some 105 mb ram free against 70 mb of anna. Its a refreshing exprience.
Nw my bitter observations :-
1. Menu looks CHEAP, like a cheap unbranded phone (scrolling on the background walpaper) .its nt the feel of a legacy OS.
2. The LIGHT SENSOR "ON-OFF" is not there. Its always on. So brightness adjustment is hell of a problem nw.
3. They copied the notification bar, bt why the hell only 4 controls. Notification bar is useless.
4. There is no place where i can know how much battery % is there.
5. In videos menu, camera videos are missing. They have to be accessed by file manager.
6. Now there is no " Show open Applications" anywhere. So each time i have to long press MENU button, which is frustrating.
Pls let me know if these are genuine problems or i am missing any settings.
N8, 12 Feb 2012friends, we have to send a request to alive our n8 till 2016 ??????????i agree...
Mr Ray, pls I have a problem, I am unable to instal cutetube, it says qt quick component 1.01 or higher is required. I have qt in my phone. Pls what will i do. Thank u.
Lashaaa, 12 Feb 2012@ Everyone interested in N8
Belle is better than S^3 and Anna, but hmmm.. Even after the up... moreIf your N8 is lagging after update to Belle, you may want to considering reinstalling firmware. Mine is very smooth, no lag. My upgrade went very well and I"m very happy. The only thing I've noticed is with more widgets and home screens running battery life is diminished...the same on any phone.
wily, 12 Feb 2012people let us wackup to nokia commpany and let us see the offer of nokia n8 it is leas in hard... more Learsome english please and stop talkingg about something you havent experienced
n8 is fantastic mobile, 12mp camera with xenon flash (world best camera phone),3.5 large amoled screen ,wi fi, gps with maps, symbian anna (os), hdmi port.overall a all in one package phone. proud to buy n8... using it with a pleasur. love my n8 huaahh!
hey gays wat about belle expierence any1 update it plz shre ur with me? which one is best belle or anna ? plz tell me.
@ Everyone interested in N8
Belle is better than S^3 and Anna, but hmmm.. Even after the update, reseting and everything, the N8 still is a quite laggy smartphone and sadly, it will remain laggy for the rest of its existance. Thanks to the 680Mhz CPU, and a 256MB RAM. :)
After update My Phone to belle
i love everything in belle but image quality is very bad
pics taken with camera really sucks! very noisy and very bad color
nokia update camera application from 9.23(6) to 11.02 but
im sorry for nokia
people let us wackup to nokia commpany and let us see the offer of nokia n8 it is leas in hardware that mad device to suffering even get in bella .bella is last update that mean no updat but pianfull when you see device as n8 dad .nokia must give more as andriod ios w7 other to thier costomer
I have successfully updated Nokia Belle on my N8, it's awesome, my N8 works even more fast and effecient with belle
i,m updated my nokia n8 to belle , after updating i couldn't find gps option even i can'y find flash players also ,bcoz of this i cant even play flv video properly.. plz i need some suggestion frm u to fix yjis issue.
hai frnds... i'm so much confused about whether n701 or n8 is better taking into account all the features of both...pls put ur opinion
with belle update , camera image qualty become very bad
very noisey & low detail
nokia update camera application from 9.23(6) to 11.02 but ...
im realy sorry for nokia
& auto focus in movie recorder is joke! it seems better call fix focus!
after updating to symbian belle, some application was lost like yahoo messenger and games. I am trying to find the games but lost already and a little bit slow to connect in network even using 3g. Camera not yet tested.
What's wrong with you Nokia? I mean, come'n, wake up, look around. iOS, Android OS, BBOS, even the Windows OS always keeps their best in their next update. But you, you guys so called "updated" into Belle, which actually downgraded my experience with Symbian. You don't understand, right? Well, let me describe.
1. People want flat menu, some (like me) want their menu to be organised by folders (and folders inside another folder). Those who want flat menu could just delete the folders and make it flat like whichever way they want. But, now that you don't have folders inside another folder, people who are used to organise their applications into folders (like games in one folder, office in another folder and so on) are getting seriously hurt and lost in the new menu system. What would be lost if there were folders? Those who don't want it, could just delete the folders and keep your applications free to scroll (well, I don't like scrolling).
2. Where the hell is my voice call option? In Anna, I could just press and hold the "call" button, or the green call button, my phone would get ready for my voice call. But where is it in Belle? I even tried the call button in my handsfree to activate the voice call, but no luck there. Why the hell did you switch off the voice call? I use Nokia N8, so no call or end key there to check whether the call key enable the voice call itself.
3. You said that every icon in the main screen will have atleast five size. Well, I find no more than... ...you're right, JUST ONE. If I am NOT ALLOWED to change the size of the widgets, atleast let us have more widgets.
4. The "Web" is now able to open more windows, but just SIX? That's it? Come'n man, get a top notch Android device & try opening new windows. You can open AS MANY as you want, not just six. Not that I mind with just six windows (it does the job just fine), but to compete with the others, you have to be on par with others.
5. In Anna, my lock screen clock would go off if kept in my pocket or the phone was faced down (saving energy in the process). Thanks to the proximity sensor which would turn it on as soon as it saw the face of light. But in Belle, the clock is always on.
6. I hated the NOKIA TUNE. It was not at all on par with Nokia. The sound intensity is VERY LOW.
7. One thing I said again and again. When any Symbian^3 phones are on "power saving mode", the phone NEVER vibrates during an incoming call. Please modify this to vibration (or give us some option).
8. The gallery is a crap now. I could select multiple pictures with a single click previously, but now it takes more than one click.
9. In the call menu, the green call key brings out the call log, so does the call log icon in the bottom row. At least you could make one of them show the full call log (where you get the log of last one month).
Now, let me congratulate you on some pros you made.
1. Six home screens are more than welcome. You have come a long way to make it happen.
2. With even 256MB RAM & 600MHz processor, my N8 runs smoooooother than ever. Moreover, it increased the battery longivity, now I can use my phone longer (even though only a few hours more).
3. The soft menu button replaces the hardware menu and I love it. I'm always afraid that the hardware button will wear off. But atleast make sure that the long press on the soft menu shows the open applications.
4. I love the fact that the icons goes to new (of my choice) position when in landscape mode. Other OSs are unable to put any show in landscape mode in the home screen.
5. I was (along with others) hoping that N8's video recorder will be able to capture full HD this time, but no luck there. Still, my hats off goes on with the continuous autofocus.
6. I love the way the NOKIA icon shows in the power on or off status.
7. I always love the fact that I can choose Alpha-Neumeric keybed in potrait mode while my landscape mode lets me use the SWYPE QWERTY keyboard.
That should be all for now. All-in-all, I'm not impressed with the update. I hope Nokia will listen to the voice of the users all around the world & make the updates neccessary. But before I go, I would like to tell one thing, the more option you give, the more user friendly the OS will become.
Ray Hipkiss, 11 Feb 2012 @ HuXaifa That is very good advice that I myself have offered to others on other forums... morehi Ray, i need your advice...is it necessary to do factory resetting after my n8 update to belle?..and if so, can it solve my n8 problem that flv files can't be played?
after belle update
1. my camera click very bad picture
2.when contacts show and call one person again open contacts is start with A-Z not save last memory
3. it does not play .flv files
4.battery drains very faster
5. all of update belle is useless how to back anna firmware