hai frnds... i'm so much confused about whether n701 or n8 is better taking into account all the features of both...pls put ur opinion
with belle update , camera image qualty become very bad
very noisey & low detail
nokia update camera application from 9.23(6) to 11.02 but ...
im realy sorry for nokia
& auto focus in movie recorder is joke! it seems better call fix focus!
after updating to symbian belle, some application was lost like yahoo messenger and games. I am trying to find the games but lost already and a little bit slow to connect in network even using 3g. Camera not yet tested.
What's wrong with you Nokia? I mean, come'n, wake up, look around. iOS, Android OS, BBOS, even the Windows OS always keeps their best in their next update. But you, you guys so called "updated" into Belle, which actually downgraded my experience with Symbian. You don't understand, right? Well, let me describe.
1. People want flat menu, some (like me) want their menu to be organised by folders (and folders inside another folder). Those who want flat menu could just delete the folders and make it flat like whichever way they want. But, now that you don't have folders inside another folder, people who are used to organise their applications into folders (like games in one folder, office in another folder and so on) are getting seriously hurt and lost in the new menu system. What would be lost if there were folders? Those who don't want it, could just delete the folders and keep your applications free to scroll (well, I don't like scrolling).
2. Where the hell is my voice call option? In Anna, I could just press and hold the "call" button, or the green call button, my phone would get ready for my voice call. But where is it in Belle? I even tried the call button in my handsfree to activate the voice call, but no luck there. Why the hell did you switch off the voice call? I use Nokia N8, so no call or end key there to check whether the call key enable the voice call itself.
3. You said that every icon in the main screen will have atleast five size. Well, I find no more than... ...you're right, JUST ONE. If I am NOT ALLOWED to change the size of the widgets, atleast let us have more widgets.
4. The "Web" is now able to open more windows, but just SIX? That's it? Come'n man, get a top notch Android device & try opening new windows. You can open AS MANY as you want, not just six. Not that I mind with just six windows (it does the job just fine), but to compete with the others, you have to be on par with others.
5. In Anna, my lock screen clock would go off if kept in my pocket or the phone was faced down (saving energy in the process). Thanks to the proximity sensor which would turn it on as soon as it saw the face of light. But in Belle, the clock is always on.
6. I hated the NOKIA TUNE. It was not at all on par with Nokia. The sound intensity is VERY LOW.
7. One thing I said again and again. When any Symbian^3 phones are on "power saving mode", the phone NEVER vibrates during an incoming call. Please modify this to vibration (or give us some option).
8. The gallery is a crap now. I could select multiple pictures with a single click previously, but now it takes more than one click.
9. In the call menu, the green call key brings out the call log, so does the call log icon in the bottom row. At least you could make one of them show the full call log (where you get the log of last one month).
Now, let me congratulate you on some pros you made.
1. Six home screens are more than welcome. You have come a long way to make it happen.
2. With even 256MB RAM & 600MHz processor, my N8 runs smoooooother than ever. Moreover, it increased the battery longivity, now I can use my phone longer (even though only a few hours more).
3. The soft menu button replaces the hardware menu and I love it. I'm always afraid that the hardware button will wear off. But atleast make sure that the long press on the soft menu shows the open applications.
4. I love the fact that the icons goes to new (of my choice) position when in landscape mode. Other OSs are unable to put any show in landscape mode in the home screen.
5. I was (along with others) hoping that N8's video recorder will be able to capture full HD this time, but no luck there. Still, my hats off goes on with the continuous autofocus.
6. I love the way the NOKIA icon shows in the power on or off status.
7. I always love the fact that I can choose Alpha-Neumeric keybed in potrait mode while my landscape mode lets me use the SWYPE QWERTY keyboard.
That should be all for now. All-in-all, I'm not impressed with the update. I hope Nokia will listen to the voice of the users all around the world & make the updates neccessary. But before I go, I would like to tell one thing, the more option you give, the more user friendly the OS will become.
AnonD-3538, 11 Feb 2012 @ HuXaifa That is very good advice that I myself have offered to others on other forums... morehi Ray, i need your advice...is it necessary to do factory resetting after my n8 update to belle?..and if so, can it solve my n8 problem that flv files can't be played?
after belle update
1. my camera click very bad picture
2.when contacts show and call one person again open contacts is start with A-Z not save last memory
3. it does not play .flv files
4.battery drains very faster
5. all of update belle is useless how to back anna firmware
Time and again, I am checking every single application of belle. There are some more multimedia errors. They are as follows:
1. Voice Recorder -> The voice recording is ok, save in E:\Sound files\Recording as .wav file, that is ok. But when you open music player there is no file. Neither it is saying one new file found. So an ordinary user can not play this file again. Only advance users can play this file by going to recorded file. Any new sound file .mp3, .wav or all other they should reflect in music player as new files found. It should remain there until you delete it.
2. Camera -> The recording is ok up to some extent. Belle is saving the recording in E:\DCIM\100Nokia as .jpg (photo) and .mp4 (Video) that is also ok. As far as .jpg (photos) are reflecting in Gallery that is ok. But .mp4 (video files) should reflect in Video application as so many new video found. But these are also in Gallery. Moreover, system file (wallpapers) they are in Gallery and you can delete these files too. Ha ha...... What a fun Nokia. I think this is two three hours job to fix these small bugs.
Let us how Nokia will react?
I'm saddened after upgrading to Belle,i can't edit custom music player equalizer.
Given d universality of des older, but yet, top-notch phones (5 bands), I praise Nokia for such a massive roll-out!! U hardly see updates without a few hitches, but wen it comes from Nokia, they get blown out of shape!! Ask IOS & ANDROID their bitter experiences with updates, no matter how little d size!! I blame a lot of people for problems after updates. Because Symbian is more of an open OS, many patronize a lot of hacking software, only to start complaining this or that!!! Even simple sequential instructions on how to update, many will still want to get around them. All these user-generated problems & outcries are getting on my nerves!!! After Belle update (best intuitive, & hassle free ever), my N8 became a new monster, tearing down any task thrown at it. Thank u so much Nokia!!! How I wish it came earlier!!! Folks, stop fickering & hacking your phones' OS!!!!!!
Budyy i used the nickname..dont know how dint it appear..anyways..lemme try what u just advised me..thnx..
well..i m the same camera user who used to take excellent picz before belle update.So dont know where m i going wrong..The problem is when i click the picz in dark..it lits well but as soon as it is saved i find they are darker than before..can u just suggest me a camera setting to take normal picz in dark..i would like to check if i have done something wrong.
Limontus, 10 Feb 2012@ San N8, You can format it. It'll not remove your Belle...... ThanksEveryone, please use the new F secure Software that nokia include in the belle update and complete the installation, create your new security code in F secure and this will be your new phone security code. or just uninstall F secure Thank me if it works :)
I just updated my Nokia N8 Anna to Bell, have few queries.
1)Can we add “show open applications” in the options menu of Belle because (if some application doesn’t have an close option or if any application hanged its mean you have to restart the phone anyhow else it will finish the battery)
2)Can add (activate power saving) option in the notification area like we had in Anna it will help us a lot because I can’t find in the Belle. :)
3)Is there any way that I can rename some applications on my phone? Or when we can have this option in the phones?
i updated my Nokia N8 Anna to Belle . After updating my phone i see this problem that my phone doesn't show gps information when i capturing any photo. When i try to capture a photo i noticed that gps is not available notification. But when i close my camera option my phone show that gps is available. I also check the settings. Actually what is the problem ? When i entered camera option then gps option show me that its not available but when i close camera option then it show gps is available. When i first bought Nokia n8 its work its gps function properly. Plz help me
Guys i request u all, to enjoy belle to its max..plz format yr mass and yr fone memory before updating to belle,,,i have been i belle user since aug 2011..now iam on official hackede belle..its awesome and fast..good luck
Anonymous, 11 Feb 2012hi ray.. I m having major issue in the cam after updating to belle im myN8. The picz that i t... moreit is alot better in mine.... I think it is how you are taking the photo, alot of people dont know how to use a camera proply
AnonD-3538, 11 Feb 2012 @ HuXaifa That is very good advice that I myself have offered to others on other forums... morewell dont worry about those people... you give good advice, if they dont wanna listen its not your fault...
AnonD-12968, 11 Feb 2012Guys When you update your N8 to Nokia Belle after installation please perform a reset by enter... more
That is very good advice that I myself have offered to others on other forums but sadly, people don't like the idea of starting all over again with installing all there apps. They'd rather go on forums complaining that their phone is slow or keeps freezing than doing the factory reset!
All the best.