Nokia n8 is the best camera phone in the world,and it is users friendly,i like it a lot...
danesullivan, 04 Jan 2012hallo ray,please can you advise me on why the battery of my n8 just died ..i havent been usin... more
What has probably happened is that the battery has drained completely and now refuses to charge. This is a known issue with Lithium-Ion batteries but you might still be able to get it working again. You can try plugging your charger into another Nokia phone for a minute or two and then quickly plug that charger into your N8, then leave it for several minutes to see if it starts charging again. This is known as Jump charging and has been known to work for some people. Alternatively, you can connect the charger and connect the USB lead to a PC at the same time to try and force it to start charging.
If none of that works then a replacement battery will set you back around £16 or £17 which is around 205 ZAR's.
hallo ray,please can you advise me on why the battery of my n8 just died ..i havent been using the phone extensively at all..what could have gone wrong , i have the phone for just over a year now.and also , if its the battery that crashed , how much zar +/- a replacement battery would set me back as this i believe is guarenteed for 6 months only
@Ray,any scoundrel can insult u bt i'll always respect u as u help every1.so don't care those.u always helped me.plz plz tell me dat which 1 will b better to buy-nokia 701 or nokia n8?i want good & fast&secure net service,superb camera.....-in a word all in 1.which 1 u suggest?plz plz plz plz plz reply me.thanks.....
I'm unable to use my netbanking site, which required JAA enabled browser. Though java is enabled in the NOKIA browser. Is is this problem due to Symbian ANNA OS? Please help me, how to use java software on this OS. Thank you.
het rey... gud pm.. can i upgrade my simbian anna for belle?? teach me how to upgrade?? it is more convinient if i upgrade?? pls reply... tnx in advance.. :)
AnonD-32581, 03 Jan 2012and belle dosnt need 1 gig cpu to run smoothly.... so there you go smartypants your not so cle... morejust think symbian with dual cores processors and 1 gb ram can andoriod catch symbian lolzz just think just think u no answers i knww andriods is for kids moving things here and there its nothing
AnonD-3538, 04 Jan 2012
Excellent stuff there. That's what I was expecting from jbpianist28 when I res... more
Thank you Ray...
I totally forgot about 'Limitations'
Symbian is the OS where you have the Biggest freedom...
(IF and Only IF your phone is Hacked... Otherwise No..!)
I also have to adjust something I've written wrong...
1080p means 1920 x 1080
But N8 can only handle (even using a MOD),
1280 x 720
So sorry for my comment which had false information..
(But I learn what's 1080p today..! Thanks for that..)
See you always in this forum Ray...
AnonD-13159, 04 Jan 2012@Ray
dear bro first f all Wish you a very happy new year..!! :)
Nw cming to d mattr...I left... more
If you haven't reset the phone yet you can backup your videos and wallpapers to a PC and restore them back later.
If you have reset the phone, and haven't done a backup then you can safely download them from the link you were provided with.
All the best.
AnonD-36735, 04 Jan 2012pls it was wrong
If the default 12345 doesn't work then either you have changed the passcode yourself (ana have forgotten it), or it was set to a different code by your network provider (if you got the phone on a contract). If it's the latter then you can check the sticker on the side of the box next to the IMEI number for the correct code. If you have forgotten the code then the only solution is to take the phone to a Nokia care point to get it reset. You will need to supply proof of ownership/purchase as well as proof of identity. This is to prevent people taking stolen phones to get them reset. There will be a small fee for this service though.
AnonD-2912, 04 Jan 2012
Android has Live papers and Adobe Flash 11 support.. Yeah.. Honestly I'd love t... more
Excellent stuff there. That's what I was expecting from jbpianist28 when I responded to his comment of "Belle is better than Android" without qualifying the statement. Then he responded to my comment with an insult. Charming!
I know full well that Symbian is more powerful and advanced than Android as I've got an Android phone as well as an N8 but due to the limitations of my Android phone I'm not prepared to abandon the N8 just yet.
All the best.
AnonD-2912, 04 Jan 2012
You've been giving so much useful information about N8 for a long time and I've... more Hello Nuwan,
Thanks for the feedback regarding 1080p video recording. I have Camera pro on my N8 and the maximum resolution for video recording is 1280 x 720 so that app can't record 1080p videos. I suppose that a MOD would be able to allow the N8 to record 1080p but as you've said, there is a lag because the N8's hardware isn't quite powerful enough.
So, technically it's possible but it's not practical. That's why Nokia haven't implemented it into the firmware.
Also, the N8's Broadcom BCM 2727 GPU was designed for 720p video recording only, so forcing it to record at 1080p could damage the GPU in the long run.
All the best.
Ray Hipkiss, 04 Jan 2012
The default passcode is 12345.
All the best.
Ray.pls it was wrong
Ray Hipkiss, 03 Jan 2012
In what way is Belle better than Android? Does Belle allow the use of liv... more
Android has Live papers and Adobe Flash 11 support.. Yeah.. Honestly I'd love to have those two features in my Symbian belle mobile as well.. But due to some other reasons, I'd rather stick with N8 even without above two which are less important than what I'm looking for..
1) True call recording without any DETERIORATING OF QUALITY (So far, Only Nokia devices has that feature, Android of course can record phone calls but it's a virtual like recording; simply put, android 3rd party software can only record the sound comes out from the speaker of the phone.. If the sound is very low or if you're using a bluetooth headset.. You won't get any income record at all..! But symbian on the other hand records phone calls not by sound, but by the data it receives...! Quality is highest and if you hack your phone means you can record as much as phone calls as long as you like without any beep or anything...!)
2) Taking a call, starting to type an SMS in N8 only takes two or three taps on the screen while Android requires more taps.. (Simply put Symbian has the simplest call book as well as messaging facilities where we mostly require a phone for...!)
3) Battery life (I don't need to give you more details... Do I....?)
4) Now everybody's talking about fantastic user experience with beautiful effects while navigating in Android OS.. But I think those people have never tried Symbian Belle with Custom Theme Effects like 'JIN HAO effects' installed... Those are crazy effects.. I don't really understand how Symbian manage to control such simultaneous and quality effect with limited processing powers (both in process as well as GPU) it has... But I don't face any lag or anything due to fantastic theme effects I've got in my Belle delight 3.8 in my N8...
5) How about OVI Maps with MULTI TOUCH support,
a) Life time free Maps (You can download the maps separately from your PC for FREE)
b) Voice guided Navigation (including Street names too)
c) Even satellite maps available (better than Google maps) - If you want you can have google maps too but OVI maps is certainly better
d) Offline navigation (I don't think Android has even thought about such a thing since it's from google... Without online google is dead.. But not symbian...!)
6) People are always talking 'Android is so powerful' but apart from having dual core processors and more ram (which proves the opposite..!) how somebody can say it's powerful over Symbian?
Ex: When you can fight with a better weapon can you say you're powerful? You may say 'With the weapon I'm powerful but without it I'm nothing'. Likewise Android is powerful just because it has dual core processors and more ram. Without them it's not powerful.
Followings are facts not just matters:
1) Symbian can play NFS Shift with 256 MB RAM with 680 MHz processor while the same requires in Android 512 Ram with a 1 GHz processor
2) Most popular 12 MP cameras ever produced (Sony Ericsson Satio and Nokia N8) both belonged to Symbian and WHY IS THAT...? Android has never been able to handle more than 8 MP camera in a phone and why is that...? If Symbian is not that powerful, how come it could capture 12 MP photos of uncompressed sizes of around 12 MB and compress them within fraction of a second? (I'm not saying Android can't handle 12 MP camera.. If I say that it will be stupid... But I'm only saying if Android is to handle a 12 MP camera which has n8's camera quality, then it must have at least 1 GB of RAM and a dual core processor to do so...!)
So I think I've given enough facts to discuss here..
I'm not saying Symbian is better than Android.. It's a totally subjective matter... I'm only saying People's judgment over Symbian is not reasonable and if you think and see unbiased you'll see that..
By the way, Symbian still is the most popular OS.. (as a percentage of Smart users)
Can all of them be wrong with their decision....??
i love my nokia n8.it is an awesome smart looking phone.the highlit of the phone is camera with 12 mp.till now i dint get any prob with my n8.so,guys all of u just preffer n8
Ray Hipkiss, 03 Jan 2012
It's got nothing to do with how many mega pixels the camera supports. It's all about the ph... more
You've been giving so much useful information about N8 for a long time and I've read lots of your comments.. Particularly unbiased comments...
But this time I am unable to agree with what you said 'N8 GPU is not capable of recording 1080p videos since it's not that powerful'
I agree with you it's not a powerful GPU which N8 has, but still it can record 1080p videos 30 fps as well as 25 fps without any problem..
I'm saying this because I've done it using MODs as well as Camera Pro software.. You'll notice bit of a lag when recording but the recorded video doesn't have that lag at all..
Then why Nokia didn't want to implement this feature default?
For me reasons are obvious.
1) They were bit worried about the visible lag when recording (Probably due to less processing power of N8)
2) The size of 1080p 30 fps videos captured by N8 is HUGE... I mean really really huge... If I say, for a one minute recording the size of the file was around 300 MB...! Who wants such a massive recorded file...?? (Personally I don't want...!)
Please correct me if I'm wrong..