AnonD-31513, 24 Nov 2011* plus points 1.12mp camera 2.symbian anna 3.amoled screen with sensitive touch ... moremine last between 1.5 to 3 days depending on my usage...maybe u have applications running in background....try exit and application when ur done with it ;)
* plus points
3.amoled screen with sensitive touch
4.faster downloads and internet without freeze
* main defects (problems)
1.ovi mail, ovi chat, nokia messenger, nokia sync..mailbox and micro soft mail exange server
are totally waste and through into dustbin
2.updates are made very dead slow
3.inbuild battery and it could not see nobody
4.g-talk working partially (g-talk voice call and video call and also chats not worki8ng well in 3g network) only messenger usage its working between morning 6 to evening 9 o'clock only
5.atomatic e-mail, facebook status update and also twitter not allowed its working only manual updates
6.low battery life in stand by 6hrs only
these are my own experience with nokia n8
xenonmobile, 23 Nov 2011hello and assalamualaikum guys, i'm using this phone for 8 months, this is the best n series p... moreassalamu alaikum my friend, i just read your pros and cons, and agree with you up to the cons where u mentioned scratches on the camera lens. I dont agree with this as the glass on the camera lense is not normal glass or plastic,it is gorilla glass, same one as the screen on the mobile and is resistant to scratches (i have tested it)
you could also have added the fact that we can play HD games on the phone, it has a very easy and user friendly interface as well as the battry consumption is good for a 3.5" AMOLED screen when you compare it to android devices. you must also bear in mind that touch screen phones requires more energy to function and the battry life is decent for such a phone (the camera and flash uses the memory).
on overall, the OS could have been improved further and awaiting symbian belle (the official update)
meanwhile keep n8-ing
cheers and assalamu alaikum
i used nokia n8 for 5 month amazing phone relly best pohne in nokia what a phone .........
AnonD-31486, 23 Nov 2011Please someone give me a link where I can download free games on my Phone N8check here bro
Please someone give me a link where I can download free games on my Phone N8
hello and assalamualaikum guys, i'm using this phone for 8 months, this is the best n series phone i have ever used, i have my e7 and c2-01 and you can read my review on their post, anyway here is my review.
1. audio quality is very good! i never thought that this phone sounded better than my previous nokia n series (n97, n79). the sound is great, using earphone is loud and no distortion, the bass is deep treble is higher than e7 and vocal is clear than e7. stereo is a bit better than e7 this may put your mp3 away. for music holics, this song is for you!
2. camera quality is very darn good, better than my friend satio, the color is real, the dynamic range is very good, the wide angle lens and face detection is another big advantage to catch wider photo and better face photo quality, the xenon flash is powerful than satio. this phone is replacing my nikon d90 camera since the quality is almost the same. thanks nokia for making a call camera device!
3. the video quality is 1000 times better than my e7, ( despite a 12 megapixel auto focus vs 8 megapixel fixed focus) the video is super smooth, the lighting is well under control and the color is real. not to mention i just updated my n8 that can continuous auto focus when shooting video
4. the call loudness and quality is very good. it was loud and the ring tone loudness is loud, almost identical to my e 7, for people who were worried about the ring tone and call loudness, n8 has one of the loudest ring tone and call volume.
5.i don't have any problem of using this phone, it works flawlessly, update to anna and you will satisfied, but there is some lag when transition, but its not a big problem.
6. web browsing is better now when updated in anna, the internet speed is improved, 3 times faster, but not as fast as my e7 though.
7. the display is very good, better than previous AMOLED display on nokia n86 and n85, the sunlight legibility is very good, but the brightness is lower than nokia e7 clear black display.
8. there is a memory card slot!. you can add it upto 32 gig, the phone mass memory have 16 gig, add another 32 gig you will get 48 gig! big, isn't it, my e7's mass memory has only 16 gig and no micro sd slot.
9. decent price than nokia e7, last time i bought this phone is already rm 1550) around 300 euro).
1. Battery life is not good, but not as worse as e7 though, the battery last 2 days with heavy use. 3 days mid use, 3.5 day on light use. good but not great.
2. no camera lens cover, i kinda scared if this 12 megapixel lens camera scratch, which will make the image quality became bad, so be careful not to scratch your lens camera( even nokia claim that they using a lens that scratch resistance, i doubt that)
3. no led flash for video recording, satio has it while n8 doesn;t, so for night videographer, this phone is not for you.
i am very happy using this phone, and i recommend to every one to buy this phone, since this is the best 12 megapixel camera, i will not change this phone until i get a successor of this phone, and waiting for official symbian belle realeased, anywaay thans for reading my honest review(i think) have a nice day and assalamualaikum.
ps: go to my blog http://xenonmobile.blogspot.com/ for more info
Does Belle Delight 3.4 work with US variant N8? Would love to flash mine
Working with Anna update the os just feels incomplete. Would go back to official S3 update but need the portrait qwerty keyboard. Want Belle Delight on my N8 badly. Does it work with US variants? Does it flash with Phoenix? Help
Stay away as far as possible from the Nokia N8! Its proximity sensor is USELESS! You will drop calls like never before because the stupid sensor is TOO sensitive. If you move it further than 3 millimetres from your face, it drops the call! Biggest crap out!
I think N8 is a great phone...just need to know how to use it. But its perfect i think!!!
upcoming nokia N10.
Three in one boot.
1- meego harmatan 1.2.
2- windows phone 7.5(mango).
3- android 4.0 ice cream sandwich.
Display- 3.9' FWVGA (480x854).
8 megapixal camera cari zelss autofocus dual LED flash.
Jude, 23 Nov 2011
I always wanted belle on my N8 but I can't download it from the sight you posted (sigh). Sho... moreMany people have this problem go to the Delight Belle
site and as to have it Added to another downloading site
Then she's all go