Sivakumar, 15 Nov 2011hi
the memory card ( kingston 8 gb class 4 card) got stuck in the mobile.... i cant remove ... moreJust switch of the phone, stop panicing, bring the phone above your head, and SMASH it. Wait, wait, wait!!! I was just kidding!!! Switch off your phone, take a forecep, first eject the card by pressing it (you'll hear a 'click' sound), then with the help of the forecep slowly try to pull it out. If you think that you're unable to do it, just ask someone else to do it for you. Remember, on the process, don't bend your phone & card line, it might break the card & as a result it might just stay inside, unusable. Be careful, be very careful.
Take care, Ciao.
fred, 13 Nov 2011pls tell my d steps on how u flashed ur phone. i want to know.How to flash your N8:
1. Take necessary backups of the important data (contact, message, calender etc)
2. Switch off the phone
3. Take out the memory card (optional)
4. Press 'Menu' key, 'camera' key and 'volume down' key & keep pressing them while you press the power on button. Keep pressing the three buttons unless the phone asks you for your location
5. Input location, date & time. Then input your id & password for ovi account & let the phone setup ovi account for you.
6. Go to 'Software Update' & search for any updates.
7. You'll find a lot of updates, but first, let the phone update the ANNA only (1/2 & 2/2), not the service pack.
8. After a while phone will restart & then you go again to 'Software update'. This time install the ANNA service pack.
9. Then install Social, OviStore & OviMaps one by one.
CAUTION: Before flashing your N8, you must remember:
1. This process (Menu+Camera+VolumeDown) is for N8 & might not work on other Symbian^3 devices.
2. This process will delete all the data stored in your phone & take it back to factory load.
3. It might happen that the phone will turn into a brick if you do something wrong in the process. So I will not be held liable if at any time your phone gets fried.
4. Re-loading the data (ANNA update, ANNA Service Pack, Social, Ovi Store & Ovi Maps) need a lot of data connection (around 50MB). Be sure that you have enough internet usage at your hand.
5. Moreover, you will need to install all the apps again. Some of them (NFS Shift, Monopoly, Nokia Lock to name a few) are not available as free for N8 anymore. So be cautious if you love those apps. (I would really be greateful if someone would buy me Nokia Lock ver 2.0 for 1EUR). So, be sure to grab your card before you decide to re-install (flash) your Nokia N8.
Take care. Ciao.
my mobile's software version is PR 1.2 symbian 3... can i update it to belle straight (when it is available officially) or should i take the anna update now to get belle later.. my mobile was bought in USA and i am using it in India...
the memory card ( kingston 8 gb class 4 card) got stuck in the mobile.... i cant remove it... i tried safe remove and tried to pull it out... also tried to pull it out switching off the mobile.. it does not come out.. it is just stuck... but the memory card is working with no problems... please help me out..
jc, 14 Nov 2011thanks a lot for those who replied me.. but i still have some questions, my N8 is v.2500, is t... moreDear friends, this is something I tell again and again. You can love a manufacturer, hate another. But the truth is, the phone you can call better (not best, cause there is none) than the other, have to have more of the features you want to have on the gadget. When I bought SGS2, I was very hopeful. Yeah, it has Duo-Core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB RAM, Full HD Video with light, 8MP shooter... I mean, spec-wise it beats N8 anytime. But when I started to use it, it began to dissappoint me almost in every aspect. Hell yeah, I love the video of the SGS2 more than N8, I love to work in the Polar Office more than Quick Office, I simply love to browse the net through S2 more than N8. But when I think of it as a phone, it makes me sigh. I feel that it is just a mini-PC, not a phone. Or maybe a phone, but a dumb one. On the other hand, I hate it when my N8 doesn't response my light touch, hate the not-so-good HD video recording (compared to S2), but love to click with it, love the sound quality, specially, love to turn it to a PC (connecting it to LED screen with HDMI, then connecting a USB keyboad & BT mouse), use my flash drive directly with N8 etc. The thing I want to say, it's not the spec that should make you buy a phone. Go ahead, spend some quality time with your wannabe partner, let you guys know each other. Then you decide which one ignites that spark inside. Sometimes, you'll feel that money doesn't always atter when you love something so much. Who knows, you might consider 4S over N8, or maybe not...
mawillis, 13 Nov 2011how do i flash my n8 so dat i can use symbian belleOver here http://forum.dailymobile.se/in...?board=121.0 you'll find lots of customized firmwares with tutorials to help u in flashing still u have doubts then join this http://www.facebook.com/groups...81802244744/ and i'll help u.... Good luck N8 rocks!
Becool, 15 Nov 2011Guys before updating to new firmware make sure u clean yr fone memory and mass memory...then y... moreWell it depends on the firmware ur using i am using ivo777 v3.1 and i didn't clean my mass memory and phone memory still its working great... and i have installed continuous autofocus mod it works great...
Guys before updating to new firmware make sure u clean yr fone memory and mass memory...then yr fone will work perfect..iam on modded belle and fone works perfect....Love my N8
hemant, 14 Nov 2011i have purchase nokia n-8 few day before, it is restart itself, helf me what's the problem, it... moreNokia care recommend to reinstall the software,
see below what they advised me and all got ok.
" To resolve the performance issue of your Nokia phone, we recommend that you kindly reinstall the firmware of your device using the steps provided below:
1. Download and install the latest version of the Nokia OVI Suite application on a compatible PC. You may download the said application from the link below:
2. Connect your device to your PC using a compatible USB cable and choose PC Suite as the connection mode on your device.
3. Run the Nokia OVI Suite application.
4. Click on the software update icon (a square containing a green arrow).
5. If there are no updates available on your device, search and click the word “re-install”.
6. Follow the on screen instructions to re-install the software.
Before performing the software installation, we highly recommend that you create a backup of your phone data to ensure that your important files are safe. You can create a backup of your phone data by also using the Nokia OVI Suite."
My advice is to call or write to nokia care and do not listen to all kind of solutions offered by nokia owners.
Hi N8 users,
previously i own Nokia 5233 & its certificate and key get from '' opda.cn/en "
but last week i purchased "" N8 "" which is superb..
But facing problem regarding "certificate error”
so please anybody can help me ....how to get certificate and key . Or hack New N8 ..?
Also i have applied to opda.cn ....but it says your certificate being produced........
thanks a lot for those who replied me.. but i still have some questions, my N8 is v.2500, is this upgradable to belle? how to flash it? what is more great N8 or i phone 4s?
hemant, 14 Nov 2011i have purchase nokia n-8 few day before, it is restart itself, helf me what's the problem, it... morehai hemanth dont very,first u copy all phone memory include contact also,then first this deep restore your setting *#7370# press once again ask code that time press 12345 phone automatically restart your problem also solve one thing first copy all phone memory.buy
Yes, it is a good machine, but I'm missing my favorite gps-navigation program. I had a N82 and a 6710 before I bought the N8 for the same reasons: smartphone with navigation (Ovi). But outside in the field, I want te know the direction to walk. I could use the same favorites as in Ovi-maps. Can anybody tell me if there is a good alternative? Or for the Nokia-boys: work on it for the next update ....
But besides that: I love my N8
@JC, open your C:/systems/cache, delete the folder cache! This folder can only be seen using X-plore, make sure u keep clearing it time to time, to free up memory after continuous browsin/Streaming.