AnonD-29714, 15 Nov 2011thanks suhanoo and gurushant... though the card is stuck, it is working fine.. i ve transfe... moreAs long as the card is working fine & you find the card space (4GB) enough, then why do you worry? I myself use a 32GB card (which have more than 16GB left empty as the time I speak). So using a bigger card is just a fasion (show off) for me. Unless you use another card or the card get corrupted (very unusual, as you are unable to put it to various devices frequently), keep the card and keep N8-ing. Take care man. Ciao
vira_India, 14 Nov 2011Hi N8 users, previously i own Nokia 5233 & its certificate and key get from '' opda.cn/en... moreRegister here shoujizu.net/en and instead of just entering your IMEI. Click "Apply for Certificate" and the screen will let you know the process... Cheerz
thanks suhanoo and gurushant...
though the card is stuck, it is working fine.. i ve transferred 4 gb amount of songs and videos to it by connecting the mobile in mass storage mode.. the card was detected even in the nokia ove suite mode.. i can access the files in it and can listen to songs with no problems.... so is it advisable to disturb it when there is no problem with it? if it gets any problem in future and the if mobile does not detect it, i can take it to service center that time rite... i am worried as i don't have warranty in India as it was not bought here.. i need ur advises friends...
Suhanoo, 15 Nov 2011How to flash your N8:
1. Take necessary backups of the important data (contact, message, cale... moreHey this is not the way it works... in simple
1) Download respective anna files by using navifirm
2) Download phoenix 2011
3) Place the anna file in system drive>program files>nokia>phoenix>products>rm-356
4) Start the phoenix 2011
5) Connect your n8 to pc using ovi suite mode and then select rm-356 as connection and then select "scan product" in the file menu and then go to tools > firmware update and go to options and replace the core, rofs2, rofs3, and uda file with belle firmware files and make sure the bottom three options are checked then delete the last two files which are not replaced then click ok and then click update software and wait till its completed.... this is the way it works and u don't need to backup all those things and also you will not be required to redownload the nfs shift and all those things best of luck....
AnonD-29714, 15 Nov 2011hi
the memory card ( kingston 8 gb class 4 card) got stuck in the mobile.... i cant remove ... moreJust switch of the phone, stop panicing, bring the phone above your head, and SMASH it. Wait, wait, wait!!! I was just kidding!!! Switch off your phone, take a forecep, first eject the card by pressing it (you'll hear a 'click' sound), then with the help of the forecep slowly try to pull it out. If you think that you're unable to do it, just ask someone else to do it for you. Remember, on the process, don't bend your phone & card line, it might break the card & as a result it might just stay inside, unusable. Be careful, be very careful.
Take care, Ciao.
fred, 13 Nov 2011pls tell my d steps on how u flashed ur phone. i want to know.How to flash your N8:
1. Take necessary backups of the important data (contact, message, calender etc)
2. Switch off the phone
3. Take out the memory card (optional)
4. Press 'Menu' key, 'camera' key and 'volume down' key & keep pressing them while you press the power on button. Keep pressing the three buttons unless the phone asks you for your location
5. Input location, date & time. Then input your id & password for ovi account & let the phone setup ovi account for you.
6. Go to 'Software Update' & search for any updates.
7. You'll find a lot of updates, but first, let the phone update the ANNA only (1/2 & 2/2), not the service pack.
8. After a while phone will restart & then you go again to 'Software update'. This time install the ANNA service pack.
9. Then install Social, OviStore & OviMaps one by one.
CAUTION: Before flashing your N8, you must remember:
1. This process (Menu+Camera+VolumeDown) is for N8 & might not work on other Symbian^3 devices.
2. This process will delete all the data stored in your phone & take it back to factory load.
3. It might happen that the phone will turn into a brick if you do something wrong in the process. So I will not be held liable if at any time your phone gets fried.
4. Re-loading the data (ANNA update, ANNA Service Pack, Social, Ovi Store & Ovi Maps) need a lot of data connection (around 50MB). Be sure that you have enough internet usage at your hand.
5. Moreover, you will need to install all the apps again. Some of them (NFS Shift, Monopoly, Nokia Lock to name a few) are not available as free for N8 anymore. So be cautious if you love those apps. (I would really be greateful if someone would buy me Nokia Lock ver 2.0 for 1EUR). So, be sure to grab your card before you decide to re-install (flash) your Nokia N8.
Take care. Ciao.
AnonD-29714, 15 Nov 2011hi the memory card ( kingston 8 gb class 4 card) got stuck in the mobile.... i cant remove ... moretake it to the customer care center don't do anything to it... best of luck..
my mobile's software version is PR 1.2 symbian 3... can i update it to belle straight (when it is available officially) or should i take the anna update now to get belle later.. my mobile was bought in USA and i am using it in India...
the memory card ( kingston 8 gb class 4 card) got stuck in the mobile.... i cant remove it... i tried safe remove and tried to pull it out... also tried to pull it out switching off the mobile.. it does not come out.. it is just stuck... but the memory card is working with no problems... please help me out..
jc, 14 Nov 2011thanks a lot for those who replied me.. but i still have some questions, my N8 is v.2500, is t... moreDear friends, this is something I tell again and again. You can love a manufacturer, hate another. But the truth is, the phone you can call better (not best, cause there is none) than the other, have to have more of the features you want to have on the gadget. When I bought SGS2, I was very hopeful. Yeah, it has Duo-Core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB RAM, Full HD Video with light, 8MP shooter... I mean, spec-wise it beats N8 anytime. But when I started to use it, it began to dissappoint me almost in every aspect. Hell yeah, I love the video of the SGS2 more than N8, I love to work in the Polar Office more than Quick Office, I simply love to browse the net through S2 more than N8. But when I think of it as a phone, it makes me sigh. I feel that it is just a mini-PC, not a phone. Or maybe a phone, but a dumb one. On the other hand, I hate it when my N8 doesn't response my light touch, hate the not-so-good HD video recording (compared to S2), but love to click with it, love the sound quality, specially, love to turn it to a PC (connecting it to LED screen with HDMI, then connecting a USB keyboad & BT mouse), use my flash drive directly with N8 etc. The thing I want to say, it's not the spec that should make you buy a phone. Go ahead, spend some quality time with your wannabe partner, let you guys know each other. Then you decide which one ignites that spark inside. Sometimes, you'll feel that money doesn't always atter when you love something so much. Who knows, you might consider 4S over N8, or maybe not...
mawillis, 13 Nov 2011how do i flash my n8 so dat i can use symbian belleOver here http://forum.dailymobile.se/in...?board=121.0 you'll find lots of customized firmwares with tutorials to help u in flashing still u have doubts then join this http://www.facebook.com/groups...81802244744/ and i'll help u.... Good luck N8 rocks!
AnonD-1097, 15 Nov 2011Guys before updating to new firmware make sure u clean yr fone memory and mass memory...then y... moreWell it depends on the firmware ur using i am using ivo777 v3.1 and i didn't clean my mass memory and phone memory still its working great... and i have installed continuous autofocus mod it works great...
Guys before updating to new firmware make sure u clean yr fone memory and mass memory...then yr fone will work perfect..iam on modded belle and fone works perfect....Love my N8
hemant, 14 Nov 2011i have purchase nokia n-8 few day before, it is restart itself, helf me what's the problem, it... moreNokia care recommend to reinstall the software,
see below what they advised me and all got ok.
" To resolve the performance issue of your Nokia phone, we recommend that you kindly reinstall the firmware of your device using the steps provided below:
1. Download and install the latest version of the Nokia OVI Suite application on a compatible PC. You may download the said application from the link below:
2. Connect your device to your PC using a compatible USB cable and choose PC Suite as the connection mode on your device.
3. Run the Nokia OVI Suite application.
4. Click on the software update icon (a square containing a green arrow).
5. If there are no updates available on your device, search and click the word “re-install”.
6. Follow the on screen instructions to re-install the software.
Before performing the software installation, we highly recommend that you create a backup of your phone data to ensure that your important files are safe. You can create a backup of your phone data by also using the Nokia OVI Suite."
My advice is to call or write to nokia care and do not listen to all kind of solutions offered by nokia owners.
Hi N8 users,
previously i own Nokia 5233 & its certificate and key get from '' opda.cn/en "
but last week i purchased "" N8 "" which is superb..
But facing problem regarding "certificate error”
so please anybody can help me ....how to get certificate and key . Or hack New N8 ..?
Also i have applied to opda.cn ....but it says your certificate being produced........