AnonD-616, 22 Oct 2011hey men you rocks :-) . great reviews , but you forget something how about multitaking ? how a... more
@ symbian fan
Obviously, the S2 is far superior in the games department thanks to it's faster processor, more RAM and superior GPU.
You don't need to be asking what the quality is like, just look at the specs.
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... more
As you may be aware I also own a Samsung Galaxy S (not the S II).
One of the first things I did with my Galaxy S was to root it. This allowed me to install an ad blocking app from the market, so all those free, ad supported apps can be used without the annoyance of adverts. To root your S2 visit the following page;
For anything else you may need to know sign up at the XDA developers site
Also, what I did to have my own custom ring tones and message tones was to create separate folders called Notifications (for messages) and Ringtones (for ring tones) and put my custom tones in the respective folder. They will then appear in the list when you want to change ring tones or message tones. No need for a third party app.
All the best.
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... moreDear Suhanoo,
Fair & wise comment, I love N8 for phone, music and Camera(still & video) and I prefer use N900 as micro PC.
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... morehey men you rocks :-) . great reviews , but you forget something how about multitaking ? how about games quailty ? how about voip calls quailty ? thanks men :-)
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... moreThank you for your detailed and fair comparance between the 2 phones...N8 is far from being the best on the market,but it's certainly good enough...I'm buying one!
AnonD-27235, 22 Oct 2011how do i turn on my n8, the charging signal shows on the screen but not turning on@ arnoldstructures
Did the phone run out of charge completely? You may need to wait a few hours to give it chance to charge up enough before you can switch it back on.
AnonD-1782, 22 Oct 2011Hi Ray or anyone who can help me..
i dont own N8 yet... still using5800xm but perhaps you c... more@ malangnya
To restore your apps you will need to put the memory card back in and then run the restore again.
If your thinking of being able to transfer your apps from the 5800XM to your N8 (when you get it) then no, it won't work. You will have to install each app individually on the N8. Be aware that most of the apps for the 5800 XM will be compatible but some won't.
All the best.
Ray Hipkiss, 21 Oct 2011@ pek
Removing those two files will not affect the performance or functionality of the pho... moreHi Ray or anyone who can help me..
i dont own N8 yet... still using5800xm but perhaps you can help me...
Lets say ...I've backed up my phone with its memory card inside. Then I hardreset my phone without the memory inside and then restore back the f/w WITHOUT the memory inside. any idea what will happen to my apps?
Thanks a lot for your reply..
Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it... moreVery detailed analysis of both units Suhanoo, well done. I am a recent owner of the N8 and can I say, "I have no regrets." My actual dream phone was the E7 however, I don't have all of the financial restores to get it and besides that, although N8 is lacking a physical keyboard (which I absolutely love) the advantages of having a FM Radio Transmitter, a SD Micro Card slot & a 12MP camera makes me quite a happy camper for now... cheers, long live Nokia... still the best in my opinion. Manufacturers of phones that suit your lifestyle and not to mention durable! I have a Nokia 2600, it has been dropped too many times to remember, the shell is battered and it have fallen in water twice and still refuses to die! Even though the microphone doesn't work any more, everything else works fine, I love my Nokia.
how do i turn on my n8, the charging signal shows on the screen but not turning on
I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also know that I have an N8. Keep it in mind, it is also a comparison with Android 2.3.3 with Symbian Anna (PR2.0). So here is my comparison with the two gadgets:
01. As S2 has more power under the hood, it is more powerful than N8. N8 feels slower compared to S2
02. The touch response in N8 needs more pressure on the screen where S2 works on light touch.
03. The camera in N8 is definitely better than S2 in the still picture form. But S2 is not bad either, but not upto the mark with N8 (N8 grabs clearer pictures in low light, with less noise)
04. In terms of video, S2 beats N8 with full HD video - crisp & clear. Mind it, when you record HD (720p) in both the phones, they are the same. (I hope N8 gets full HD with Belle.)
05. The S2 is more of an eye candy. N8 is not an eye candy, but get the works done.
06. When I want to connect a bluetooth device, N8 can done it with only two clicks while S2 needs at least five to do the same.
07. I can connect N8 in my PC & sync with outlook, S2 can only sync with gmail & yahoo & facebook contacts. N8 can also sync with facebook contacts.
08. I can create my schedule in my outlook & sync with that in N8, but to do the same I need to do it in gmail calender.
09. S2's office (polaris) is far more better than N8's (quick office) & can do almost everything I can do in my PC.
10. In terms of android market, most of them are free & free with ads. You'll barely find a program with ads. N8's ovi store supports a lot more programs free without ads. I remember someone told me here "when you buy android, you buy a bilboard." Believe me, it's absolutely true.
11. The ringer is much louder in N8 than S2. I never missed a call in N8 when I'm out in the road, but S2 made me miss quite a few.
12. Same goes for the vibration. S2's vibration is very low compared to N8.
13. That reminds me, I wanted to put my own songs as ringtone in S2. For that I had to wait three days until I got a third party software which let me select something other than the built-in ringtones. Whereas N8 can do it out of the box.
14. The built-in memory in both of the phones are 16GB, but I got 13.5GB in N8 & 11.2GB in S2.
15. I can install any programs in SDcard in N8, but can't do all in S2.
16. I simply love to browse in S2. I downloaded mozilla firefox & it grabbed an awesome 313 (+11 bonus) points in html5test.com whereas N8 couldn't reach 100 even after Anna update.
17. I love the widgets in the market of android. It helped a lot to use my S2 (remember external ringtones?). N8 didn't have a lot of widgets available to use. They don't have shortcut widgets to quickly turn on/off wi-fi, bluetooth, gps etc.
18. The size of N8 is perfect for using anytime. S2 feels bigger in hand (even after five days of use, I don't like the size of it). S2 is good to look at the screen, but N8 is good to hold and use.
19. Both the phones come with HDMI, but N8 has HDMI cable included whereas you have to buy an extra device for S2 to enjoy HDMI directly from your phone.
20. N8's 3.5mm port also works as video port (connect the cable you got with N85), but S2 can only do it with HDMI.
21. The microSD card of N8 in hot-swappable, but S2's microSD card is under the battery (I wonder, why?).
22. Both the phones can get their SIM changed by qwitching into offline, changing the SIM card & qwitching to online again.
23. In-call sound is slightly better in N8 than S2.
24. S2's calender can put to give you multiple alarms for a single entry, but N8's single entry can only give a single alarm.
25. Both the phones have smart dial. Suppose, there is a conact named "Albert Einstein" in my phonebook with the phone number "12345678". If I type "albe" (or 2523), both the phones will find the contact. If I type "1234", S2 will find the contact, but N8 won't. If I type "Eins" (or 3467), S2 will not find the contact, but N8 will.
In the end, I can say that, both the phones have their pros & cons. But in my opinion, I love my N8 as a phone whereas I love my S2 as a mini PC. If you have anymore queries (regarding N8 & S2) you can directly mail me in email@example.com. I'll not tell you to buy anything particular, but I'll be able to help you to understand what do you need. The rest depends on you - what you're gonna buy.
Suhanoo (formerly known as N8 Lover S)
One of d best mobile in this world.most powerull camera of 12 mgpx,carl zeiss optics,amoled touch,hardy gorilla glass display.i m felling happy to use this pocket pc.i love nokia n8
Ray Hipkiss, 21 Oct 2011@ pek
Removing those two files will not affect the performance or functionality of the pho... moreDear Ray,
I already done the installation, it seems that phone tends to become split screen at first. Then it goes back to normal input view as usual. I try restarting the phone. But still same.
I also notice that opening sms modd is quite slower.. May be....
I'll see the progress after sometime and see what other impact if happen.
Anyway, thanks for the support. I'll update if any progress.
love my n8.very multitasking..wide range wifi..no hang ups..everythng in n8..tnx
how to see that the phone is original and what should be in the box?
Hi. After the update my c7 to Anna 22.014 vpn it does not work. Intranet software opens but i can not change the options. The destination of the connection settings. Access points do not remove or copy or move. Also I can not create a new access point, That’s error is < unable to edit protected network destination > ..
When i enter some software such as Opera & nimbuzz & .... my access point dont active automaticly but when i enter web software its access to the internet automaticly.
I wanted to install witopia-lax ( vpn software) but thats error is < unable install policy , see vpn log for details> and failed to install.
Thanks a lot.