I've updated my n8 with Symbian Anna.. Everything is working fine except the sklchan n8 mods (ver 7)i was using earlier is not working.. Do i need to reinstall the mods or should i wait for a newer version of the mods.. Thanx in advance..
This is the best Nokia phone ever released yet...
the others are piece of crap!
and the upcoming N9 is a iPhone 4 wannabe!...
if you want to buy the best Nokia, go for this one.
coz' i think it will take another year for Nokia
to release another good phone with distinctive features!
any one from pakistan who update n8 to anna please reply because i cantt, update yet i also used ovi suit
hi frnd, m planning to buy a nice phone. m bit confused nw....wheather go 4 nokia n8 or samsung android....my frnds who are using android says android is far better than nokia symbian n8....plz help me out frm this confusion..
People who are not seeing updates in india for adobe and quickoffice change your phone date to 18th and search again for over the air updates. You will have three updates
i think the malaysia variant didnt have the split screen qwerty,which is unfortunate because the n8 in brunei are malaysia variant..
From Nokia Discussion Site
as an answer to the feedback we got in the last hours, here’s some Q&A on topics you’ve raised so far:
1) Q: “No update available” – A: We’ve released Symbian Anna in more than 30 countries this morning which will enable over 60% of our existing Symbian3 customers to update to Symbian Anna. For a full list of countries where the update is available now, please check our detailed information in the Nokia Discussions Forum via: /t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna-We-are-live-Downloads-start-today/td-p/1114859 (=first page of th... you would expect, we got a lot of update requests and therefore some users might get an information “server not available / no update available”. If so, please try to download the update again a bit later.
2) Q: “I’ve downloaded Symbian Anna & lost Quickoffice and Adobe pdf reader” – A: It’s crucial that you not only download the operating system but also the Symbian Anna application packages. They are available via Ovi Suite update or over the air (depending on country & operator) as well. The package called “Symbian Anna 1/2” contains the Quickoffice and pdf reader, and “Symbian Anna 2/2” contains other important service updates, so we recommend to update everything you see in Ovi Suite or the Software Update client.
3) Q: “The splitscreen Qwerty is not visible when using Swype” – A: You have to enable the Qwerty keyboard by opening the message view, select the Options button (that looks like a list) and select Qwerty keyboard. If you are using Swype it might be that this is blocking the Qwerty, please then try to disable Swype and check if that solves your problem.
4) Q: “After the update I get a message ‘phone feature not supported’” – A: Please install the Symbian Anna application packages as that will solve the issue.
5) Q: “How should I update if I’m in an area with weak network coverage?” – A: We recommend to do the Symbian Anna update via OviSuite or via WiFi because of the update size (>80MB for over the air updates) and corresponding download times in a weak network area.
hi,after spending so much on n8 we are not happy with nokia ;its time move to android to expe what we are missing here we are getting everything in android im buying standby android based phone fed wtng for nokia to improve they now keep wtng us for belle for another year we keep begging they keep draging this is the story with many years will remain same guys change mind now ........android will solve our wishes nokia wont understand our feelings .
Hi to every one i am from srilanka,all a saying anna update available,but still my sw updater not showing it,i want to update my n8 via mobile network,mr RAY do u have any idea for this,reply soon
Just instal anna. There is no 30fps video with autofocus, pdf reader and office.
Stil using opera.
Photo galery looks faster and portrait qwerty keybord is bigest +.
Same thing, diferent name.
AnonD-16159, 19 Aug 2011There were indeed updates after installing Anna. However, I cannot get update 1 of 2 (the requ... moreHi,to every one, im from srilanka.every one saying anna update available, but still my updater not showing updates,for update via mobile what can i do for it? Mr RAY reply soon
choi, 18 Aug 2011good day, erm.. does any one know what to put on the CWA server URL? i updated to Symbian Anna... moreHi Choi,
CWA stands for Communicator Web Access, This application helps the microsoft employees to stay in contact just like a messenger. The name of the application is 'Lync' And you can only access it if you have a microsoft ID or if you are a Microsoft partner... I hope this helps..
Hello every one . . . Any one knows when anna coming to egypt and north africa?pls help . . Thanks
There were indeed updates after installing Anna. However, I cannot get update 1 of 2 (the required one). I tried several times but I always get the failed update result. This update must include the Quickoffice as it is the only one missing. Please help.
i am updating my n8 software and after downloading the software the ovi software updater has been displaying: 'installing device software . . . .about 15 minutes total' for the last one hour. H.E.L.P.
after Anna update, when I turn on my phone, I get an error message that reads"phone not supported". Does anyone have this message?