HELP! i've installed a symbian anna theme, and icons like "tool", web TV, Log etc. stay the same.... they don't change, but on my friends n8 it does! so someone please tell me the solution! THANKS!!!
Please no foul language, be polite and use common sense
No expressions of hatred based on race/ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, and religion
No SPAM, no commercial advertising, no referal programs of any kind
No bashing - deliberately and repeatedly bashing the same brand
No trolling - deliberately antagonizing other brand/model users
Read before you post. Search before you post. Your question is probably already answered
Posting your contact info such as phone number or email is not a good idea. We won't be responsible for any unwanted consequences.
If you don't follow the above rules, your post will be probably deleted.
Found a possible solution on how to disable the shutter sound on the camera. Visit the following web site and follow the instructions. I do not know if it will work with the N8 or not as I haven't tested it my self. I'm already able to disable the shutter sound as I live in the U.K.
All the best.
BCM2727 - High Definition 720p Mobile Multimedia Processor
HIGH DEFINITION 720P MOBILE MULTIMEDIA PROCESSOR
The BCM2727 multimedia processor provides high-quality multimedia features for mobile phones and advanced media players while retaining long battery life, a combination that allows users to carry a single device for all occasions. Next generation consumer devices based on the BCM2727 can support HD video camcorder and playback, professional cameras to 12 Mpixels with advanced ISP, and high-performance 3D for advanced user interfaces, navigation displays, and mobile gaming.
Recording 720p HD video is supported in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile format, resulting in a quarter of the storage required versus MPEG-2 standards. While simultaneously recording HD 720p video and audio streams, consumption is around 450 mW, enabling HD camcorder record time of three hours for a typical system.
ever since i purchased my nokia 6300 back in 07 (still works) and playing many mobile games, i knew that gameloft was the best.
with N8's powerful gpu, the gaming is great. i got from gift of games assasins creed hawx avatar, and ive purchased eternal legacy, asfalt 6 and dungeons. i support gameloft.
i compared the galaxy ace (278 mb ram 800Mhz CPU) vs my n8 playing angry birds
ace lags BIG time, n8 doesnt
gpsp emulator for gba games, 60 fps all the time no lags at all. ace with gbcoid gets tops 45 fps and it lags.
n8 is great for gaming. just make sure its the only thing youre doing ;)
AnonD-14520, 21 Jul 2011Please HELP - its URGENT ! Can we sort the images in the Image Gallery of Nokia N8 (i dont ... moreThere is no other opti0n to sort picture, the only thing you can do is to organize it by album or tags.
Thanks for the answer Ray, if that so then i think i will hold on to n8 in 1 or 2 m0re years.
AnonD-14520, 21 Jul 2011Please HELP - its URGENT ! Can we sort the images in the Image Gallery of Nokia N8 (i dont ... morephotos are sorted based on EXIF data. im not sure but it looks like the date is being considered
Hi guys, anybody know how to insert a date/time imprint into pictures taken with a N8?
We are closing in on the Music Express. Keep viewing and posting. N8 is about to take the throne.
Please HELP - its URGENT !
Can we sort the images in the Image Gallery of Nokia N8 (i dont think so - we can do it)....if NO -- then how is sorted (default) - on what basis, what pattern ??? Neither is based on Name, Date, Size etc etc etc ??? Then ON WHAT TYPE IT IS SORTED ???
Please help - as I need to arrange some photos in my N8 - but it should be in the correct / perfect order.. How can we do that --- what alternative can be used ??
where can i get update for my n8 to sym anna.
Is the leaked version working fine!?
AnonD-14219, 21 Jul 2011hey...my n8 battery life can use only for 1 and half day and i use it only for messagging..and... moreThis is re-post about battery saving tips for N8 that I posted earlier
1. Always charge the battery fully (until the battery full notification is seen or the battery status bar stops running and stays in full position and charging indicator light is off).
2. Activate power saving mode. Press the power key, and select Activate power saving.
3. Change the synchronisation frequency for your mailbox. Select Menu > Applications > Mail, your mailbox, and Options > Settings, and the relevant sync frequency settings.
4. Mute unnecessary tones, such as key tones.
5. Use wired headphones, rather than the loudspeaker.
6. Deactivate the background animation effects. Select Menu > Settings >Themes > General > Options > Theme effects > Off.
7. Deactivate the Big clock screen saver. Select Menu > Settings > Themes > Screen saver > None.
8. Features that use Bluetooth technology, or allowing such features to run in the background while using other features, increase the demand on battery power. To prolong the operating time of your device, turn the Bluetooth technology off when you do not need it (Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth > Bluetooth = Off).
9. Features that use wireless LAN (WLAN) increase the demand on battery power. WLAN on your Nokia device switches off when you are not trying to connect, not connected to another access point, or not scanning for available networks. To further reduce battery consumption, you can specify that your device does not scan, or scans less often, for available networks in the background. WLAN switches off in between background scans. When Menu > Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Options > Settings > Show WLAN availability is set to Never, the WLAN availability icon is not shown in the standby mode. However, you can still manually scan for available WLAN networks and connect to WLAN networks as usual.
10. If you have set Packet data connection to When available in connection settings, and there is no packet data coverage (GPRS), the device periodically tries to establish a packet data connection, which causes increased demand on battery power. To prolong the operating time of your device, select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Admin.settings > Packet Data > Packet data connection > When needed.
11. The Ovi Maps application downloads new map information when you scroll to new areas on the map, which increases the demand on battery power. You can avoid the automatic downloading of map data by downloading the needed map data via PC to your device.
12. If the signal strength of the cellular network varies much in your area, your device must scan for the available network repeatedly. This increases the demand on battery power. If the network mode is set to dual mode in the network settings, the device searches for the UMTS network. If it is not available, the device uses the available GSM network. To only use the GSM network, select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Network > Network mode > GSM.
13. The backlight of the display increases the demand on battery power. To change the timeout after which the backlight is switched off, select Menu > Settings > Phone > Display > Light time-out. To adjust the light sensor that observes the lighting conditions and adjusts the brightness of the display, in the display settings, select Light sensor.
14. The notification lights can be turned off to save the battery. Select Menu > Settings > Phone > Notification lights and disable the breathing light in Breathing light and adjust the light settings for different events in Notification light menu.
15. Leaving applications running in the background increases the demand on battery power. To close the applications you do not use, press and hold the menu key, swipe to the application in the list and close it by selecting X.
16. Pay special attention that you don't leave applications running in the background which are using GPS or network connection, for example Maps, if you are not using these applications.
17. Home screen widgets may periodically connect to internet if the home screen is in online mode. If you are not actively using the widgets, the automatic connection can be disabled by selecting Options > Widgets to offline mode on the home screen.
18. Installed 3rd party applications may consume extra power. Uninstall the application if you have noticed that power consumption has increased after the application was installed and if the application is not needed any more.
19. The AMOLED display in your device consumes more power with white color. Therefore the themes with a lot of white colors (e.g. in wallpaper image) may consume more power than the other themes.
20. When connecting to the internet, use a WLAN connection, rather than a packet data (GPRS or 3G) connection.
21. When you are listening to music, and do not want to make or receive calls, activate the offline profile..
AnonD-14462, 21 Jul 2011Hi All, I'm using Nokia C7 now. want to upgrade to Nokia N8. I just wan to know what is the Be... moreThe n8 has a better camera, more internal memory and an hdmi port, but a non removable battery. The c7 has nfc, more rom memory, and slightly better video recording. So you choose. Nfc might be a relatively unused feature now but will have various applications in the future.
I was very much satisfied with my N8 till yesterday. I turned off the phone 2 days ago and when tried to turn on or to recharge it does not react.
This is very bad. Can anyone help?
Does Nokia react quickly?
this phone is suck! the processor is so slow, is it not speed enough to support all the software in the phone? wasting time to use it!
celladik, 20 Jul 2011Hey Ray,
do you think n8 can support the future update of s^3 like the belle update? It seems... more@celladik
Symbian Belle ( P.R. 3.0 ) is mostly a GUI change so I don't see any reason why it won't be made available for the N8. The N8's processor is underclocked from 720 MHz down to 680 MHz, so if Belle needs a bit more processing power to run the N8's CPU can be boosted to accommodate it.
AnonD-14486, 21 Jul 2011I dont think dere's nething wrong in downloading dose awesum games n applications away from d ... more Downloading games for the N8 without paying for them officially through Ovi can only lead to one thing. Development for Symbian will stop. Development is already slowing down due to the high amount of piracy, so my suggestion is to buy the game and in doing so you will be keeping Symbian alive.
All the best.
AnonD-14486, 21 Jul 2011I dont think dere's nething wrong in downloading dose awesum games n applications away from d ... moreAsphalt6 link here http://store.ovi.com/content/151325
Dungeon hunter2 link here http://store.ovi.com/content/150958
use pc if u gat not available
AnonD-4190, 21 Jul 2011Please dont post that kinda link.. Let people buy officially.
Guys ,buy it 4rm ovistore.I dont think dere's nething wrong in downloading dose awesum games n applications away from d OVI store..wat say guys.....?
n for ur kind information,Asphalt 6 is not on the OVI Store...so if u dont like dat,u dont need to read dat even...