Ricky, 30 May 2011I have purchased Nokia N8 and found that Headset is not working fine. Can anybody help me out... moreInsert it firmly so that you can hear a "snap" sound...
See that none of the gold part of the jack is visible
Over time the 3.5 mm jack will loosen up.
my n8 uses GPRS (2.5G)
But I'm using Tmobile 3G....
How can I get it work on 3g?
[deleted post]N8 vs Wave
N8 over Wave:
1. Miles better camera
2. Better design and construction
3. Better Connectivity
4. Better GPRS, EDGE,
5. Faster Data Speeds
6. Symbian is better the Bada (compared with same CPU and Ram)
7. Free Navigation
8. Document Editor
9. Flash support
10. 16 GB internal
Wave over N8:
1. Touchwiz UI
2. 1Ghz CPU, 512mp Ram
I have purchased Nokia N8 and found that Headset is not working fine. Can anybody help me out how to resolve this issue.
guys...i decided to sell my n8 and pay 4k difference and get a new problem free n8.on the way i stopped at nokia care and guess what,the new batch of LCDs have come and they changed mine.the purple tint issue is GONE.and another miraculous thing is that they have done the whole process without a single scratch.OH man i am so bloody happy :) :) i am from hyderabad,India and guys here can go to MOBI QUEST care at ameerpet and have their defective LCDS changed
I'll buy a new phone in June. I'm contemplating between Nokia N8 or Nokia E7. Which one should I buy? Please advise me. I don't want to regret anything as these phones cost a lot. Thanks! :)
savage466, 30 May 2011I would just like to correct you form this. (14.WII comes with a single color vs N8 comes with... moreDon't be sad. I made a mistake & you corrected me. I am not a troll that I will stick to my voice no matter how wrong it is. Thanks for correcting me.
Ray Hipkiss, 30 May 2011 To enable Quick office as an editor after updating to PR 1.1 you need to uninstall the previo... moreI'll try that on my wife's phone today. If it works, thanks in advance.
chris, 28 May 2011can u please tell me: is there a nokia N8 how to use it book out at all: when i bought the ph... more@chris.
To access the user guide simply press Options and select User Guide. Alternatively visit http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_N8-00_UG_en.pdf and download a copy of the user guide from there.
All the best.
SUMEDH, 29 May 2011no security if lost
Yes, the N8 has security in the form of Remote phone locking, and phone locking when the SIM card is changed.
Also, there is an application called Phonelocator Periodic available for free from the Ovi Store http://store.ovi.com/content/25892?clickSource=search.
It also allows remote phone locking plus it lets you track your lost or stolen phone via GPS.
N8 Lover S, 30 May 2011Compared Wave II with N8. Followings are the finding:
1. WII have +point on screen size &... moreI would just like to correct you form this. (14.WII comes with a single color vs N8 comes with 5 different colors.)
In Saudi Arabia, we have 3 colors of WaveII: Black, Silver & Pink.
Don't get me wrong, I love N8, I own one.
N8 Lover S, 30 May 2011I know for sure that N8's new firmware (PR 1.2) made the office viewer an office editor. But m... more To enable Quick office as an editor after updating to PR 1.1 you need to uninstall the previous version of Quick office, reboot the phone and the updated Quick office will be available.
I've had my n8 now from release date and i still would not swap it for any other phone but i do wish they had made the n8 with a better processor because it does suffer from lag a little but i am prepared to suffer that with the n8's great hardware features and i am also getting bored waiting for the symbian Anna update does anyone have any news when it might be coming out in the UK or anywhere else
New update for video which enables you add subtitles check: http://lastestfirmwares.blogspot.com/2011/05/nokia-n8-software-update-for-videos.html i posted about N8 according to poll keep support and know about N8 tricks & tips
Anonymous, 30 May 2011http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8530_wave_ii-3536.phpCompared Wave II with N8. Followings are the finding:
1. WII have +point on screen size & resolution (3.7 vs 3.5, 480x800 vs 360x640)
2. WII have h.writing recog. But do anyone uses that when you have swype?
3. Smart unlock can be available through 3rd party s/w
4. WII have DNSe, N8 have surround sound
5. WII have 2GB storage vs N8 have 16GB storage (internal)
6. GPRS-EDGE: class 10 vs class 33 (33 is better)
7. WII HSDPA 3.6MBPS vs N8 HSDPA 10.2MBPS
8. WII WLAN hotspot can be used in N8 through JoikuSpot. But UPnP is a h/w thing and cannot be available through anything in WII
9. 5MP (WII) vs 12MP (N8)
10.WII have smile & blink detection, while N8 have none of them. Geo-tagging, Face detection, Image stabilization is available in both.
11.Video 720@30fps (WII) vs 720@25fps (N8) [note: all the movie camera uses 24fps and you don't complain while watching a movie. So why complain it here?]
12.1GHz processor (WII) vs 680MHz processor (N8). BADA is derived from Android and need more power to run, whereas Symbian^3 need less power.
13.WII have FM recording vs N8 have FM transmitter
14.WII comes with a single color vs N8 comes with 5 different colors.
15.OVI maps is full free while Samsung Navigator is not
16.WII have office viewer vs N8 have office editor
17.The price of WII is less than N8. What do you expect from a less spec sheet phone like that?
i have this nokia n8 its an very good phone but my problem is when i make an outgoing call in the sun or an incoming cll is received the screen goes to the sleep mode (black)in the settings the breathing light is on but still i am facing this problem
Dinah, 30 May 2011is it true that new firmware has "document editor" ?? . how can i get this? pls repl... moreI know for sure that N8's new firmware (PR 1.2) made the office viewer an office editor. But my wife & me both use an N8 each. While her N8 was the first batch (with PR 1.1 when bought) and my one was second batch (with PR 1.2 when bought). When I updated her phone, it didn't make her office an editor, but somehow when I checked in my phone, it was an editor version (I didn't need to upgrade to any newer PR). So I guess that it is in-built with the second batch (though people say that an upgrade will make it an editor). I didn't find any base that could come to the conclusion of getting editor by upgrading. Pls dig more and let us know if anyone can find a conclusion.
is it true that new firmware has "document editor" ?? . how can i get this? pls reply... thanks..
Banda, 28 May 2011Every other feature in the specifications on this mobile are very good, but has some hitches l... moreLemme answer your questions one by one.
1. Purple Tint: It is basically a software problem by PR 1.2 and you will find it isn't there in PR 1.1 (first version of N8. Hopefully it will be removed in PR 2.0 (ANNA).
2. Non-removeable battery: I ask the same questions to everyone, when iPhone started it with non-removeable battery, you go all "oooh"s and "aaah"s with it. But the same thing in N8 disturbs you. Why? If the battery is not causing you any problem, why do you want to remove it? Do you eat batteries? It is made for the phone and it should remain there.
3. Cost too high: High??? Really??? I thought the cost is cheaper than the spec it carries. Do you know that C7 has only 8GB internal memory & 8MP EDoF camera whereas you are getting 16GB internal memory & 12MP AF camera in N8? And look at the design & build quality? Yet if it seems pricey, why don't you buy C7 - which is made for people like you who can't see good things in a beauty?
There are a lot of options out there. Not everyone likes the same thing. If you don't like N8, just go for something else. Even Samsung cannot effort to provide this kind of spec sheet with N8's price. So, just "puff", vanish, dissappear wherever you came from.