N8 Lover S, 30 May 2011Compared Wave II with N8. Followings are the finding:
1. WII have +point on screen size &... moreI would just like to correct you form this. (14.WII comes with a single color vs N8 comes with 5 different colors.)
In Saudi Arabia, we have 3 colors of WaveII: Black, Silver & Pink.
Don't get me wrong, I love N8, I own one.
N8 Lover S, 30 May 2011I know for sure that N8's new firmware (PR 1.2) made the office viewer an office editor. But m... more To enable Quick office as an editor after updating to PR 1.1 you need to uninstall the previous version of Quick office, reboot the phone and the updated Quick office will be available.
I've had my n8 now from release date and i still would not swap it for any other phone but i do wish they had made the n8 with a better processor because it does suffer from lag a little but i am prepared to suffer that with the n8's great hardware features and i am also getting bored waiting for the symbian Anna update does anyone have any news when it might be coming out in the UK or anywhere else
New update for video which enables you add subtitles check: http://lastestfirmwares.blogspot.com/2011/05/nokia-n8-software-update-for-videos.html i posted about N8 according to poll keep support and know about N8 tricks & tips
Anonymous, 30 May 2011http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8530_wave_ii-3536.phpCompared Wave II with N8. Followings are the finding:
1. WII have +point on screen size & resolution (3.7 vs 3.5, 480x800 vs 360x640)
2. WII have h.writing recog. But do anyone uses that when you have swype?
3. Smart unlock can be available through 3rd party s/w
4. WII have DNSe, N8 have surround sound
5. WII have 2GB storage vs N8 have 16GB storage (internal)
6. GPRS-EDGE: class 10 vs class 33 (33 is better)
7. WII HSDPA 3.6MBPS vs N8 HSDPA 10.2MBPS
8. WII WLAN hotspot can be used in N8 through JoikuSpot. But UPnP is a h/w thing and cannot be available through anything in WII
9. 5MP (WII) vs 12MP (N8)
10.WII have smile & blink detection, while N8 have none of them. Geo-tagging, Face detection, Image stabilization is available in both.
11.Video 720@30fps (WII) vs 720@25fps (N8) [note: all the movie camera uses 24fps and you don't complain while watching a movie. So why complain it here?]
12.1GHz processor (WII) vs 680MHz processor (N8). BADA is derived from Android and need more power to run, whereas Symbian^3 need less power.
13.WII have FM recording vs N8 have FM transmitter
14.WII comes with a single color vs N8 comes with 5 different colors.
15.OVI maps is full free while Samsung Navigator is not
16.WII have office viewer vs N8 have office editor
17.The price of WII is less than N8. What do you expect from a less spec sheet phone like that?
i have this nokia n8 its an very good phone but my problem is when i make an outgoing call in the sun or an incoming cll is received the screen goes to the sleep mode (black)in the settings the breathing light is on but still i am facing this problem
Dinah, 30 May 2011is it true that new firmware has "document editor" ?? . how can i get this? pls repl... moreI know for sure that N8's new firmware (PR 1.2) made the office viewer an office editor. But my wife & me both use an N8 each. While her N8 was the first batch (with PR 1.1 when bought) and my one was second batch (with PR 1.2 when bought). When I updated her phone, it didn't make her office an editor, but somehow when I checked in my phone, it was an editor version (I didn't need to upgrade to any newer PR). So I guess that it is in-built with the second batch (though people say that an upgrade will make it an editor). I didn't find any base that could come to the conclusion of getting editor by upgrading. Pls dig more and let us know if anyone can find a conclusion.
is it true that new firmware has "document editor" ?? . how can i get this? pls reply... thanks..
Banda, 28 May 2011Every other feature in the specifications on this mobile are very good, but has some hitches l... moreLemme answer your questions one by one.
1. Purple Tint: It is basically a software problem by PR 1.2 and you will find it isn't there in PR 1.1 (first version of N8. Hopefully it will be removed in PR 2.0 (ANNA).
2. Non-removeable battery: I ask the same questions to everyone, when iPhone started it with non-removeable battery, you go all "oooh"s and "aaah"s with it. But the same thing in N8 disturbs you. Why? If the battery is not causing you any problem, why do you want to remove it? Do you eat batteries? It is made for the phone and it should remain there.
3. Cost too high: High??? Really??? I thought the cost is cheaper than the spec it carries. Do you know that C7 has only 8GB internal memory & 8MP EDoF camera whereas you are getting 16GB internal memory & 12MP AF camera in N8? And look at the design & build quality? Yet if it seems pricey, why don't you buy C7 - which is made for people like you who can't see good things in a beauty?
There are a lot of options out there. Not everyone likes the same thing. If you don't like N8, just go for something else. Even Samsung cannot effort to provide this kind of spec sheet with N8's price. So, just "puff", vanish, dissappear wherever you came from.
It's been a while I last visited this page. Now that you have to register to write in N8's blog, the trollers have fled away. It's a good thing that you don't hear many complains that you used to hear before. That proves that N8 is a good phone.
All the phones in the world will have some of the defective sets, that doesn't make each and every set defective. But the ration of defetive sets should be below 0.01% and that is truely the case with N8 as well.
Anyway, nice seeing the troll-free N8 blog. Take care.
I like Nokia N8 that is O.K. for me. I have experienced in Nokia 3250, Nokia N73,N95, N96, N97. N8 is O.K. if you make more louder in speaker for ring tone volume and width will be increased from 5.2 cm to 5.9 cm and also put more software. I am satisfied with your camera 12mp. I would like to suggest you for the market of Myanmar( Burma ), your Nokia brands are almost counterfeit that is no good for future and you will consider for your market in Myanmar.You should open the wide market with your licenced dealers.
Is there an emulator of gameboy advance for the N8? I hope someone could code that emulator because N8 will be a great system to host that kind of emulator.
AnonD-9248, 25 May 2011Hi All, I am planing to purchase either Nokia N8 I find many people complaining that there... morei like the n8 it does the job.. i have no problem with even just minor ones. so if you want a true mobile phone N8 is the one.
Instead of switching to windows mobile, nokia should switch to android to give tough competition to samsung and iphone..... Android z the only platform which kills windows, iOS and symbian..... Samsung is now the biggest rival of nokia and the way it is producing its android phone,,, it seems that soon it will climb up to top..... If nokis has to maintain its position than they had to seriously think of producing android devices......
Anonymous, 30 May 2011I've been wondering about SPB Shell could you please share your thoughts in detail. Form the ... morepreviously i had an x6 n i had installed the trial version which lacked many things n moreover i couldnt use it properly n i also used to think like your friend but after reading many good reviews i decided to give the full version a try n i myself was surprised...it indeed offers a rich ui experience... too me like many its the best ui
AnonD-808, 29 May 2011my n8 is now completely revamped wuth spb shell v3.7.1 build 635 full version with purity blac... moreI've been wondering about SPB Shell could you please share your thoughts in detail. Form the videos I've seen on Youtube it look snice but I've seen on blogs where some people say it is useless eye candy. my friends said I should just wait for Anna/Belle.