bullzeye, 05 Mar 2011how can i set my camera settings right, link or just explain please
its still on regular sett... moreflash can whiten your photo if
1. You have not removed lens protective film
2. If you place your finger too close to the flash.
3. If the object is less than 10cm away from the lens
how can i set my camera settings right, link or just explain please
its still on regular settings and the flash makes the photo white on the backround
gbengoyor, 05 Mar 2011can someone itemize both the good and bad side of nokia n8, I really want to buy d phoneNokia N8 is not really a worst phone it is actually one of the hottest phone in the market but it has some imperfections on:
Some unit are having
1. reddish purple screen
2. battery discharge very fast (my N8 is working good)
3. AV out: some video format (like Tron trailer downloaded in the internet)is not showing in the TV only Audio, but some video formats are playing smoothly. I try it on my TV because I dont have HDMI the video is not showing only small blue nokia logo. Maybe the AV doesn't support HD videos.
4. Default web browser is not good (but I installed UC Web browser so its fine)
If by any chance you are lucky to have a free from defect N8, it is perfect!
I love N8 but unfortunately I'm not lucky to have a free from defect N8.
1. 12mp primary camera, VGA front camera
2. Loud Dolby digital speaker (5.1 channel I think)
3. friendly OS/Ui = Symbian 3 (but under renovations)
4. Ovi = supports most of the important applications
5. Anodized Aluminum Casing = scratch proof
6. Gorilla glass screen = scratch proof (but some are defective like mine)
7. USB on the Go, Copy, Paste, Play, Edit, Send
8. HDMI out (I didn't try yet)
9. Dual charging slot = a choice of micro charger or usb charger.
10. 16GB internal memory, Micro SD slot
11. Accessories & spare parts anywhere worldwide
12. Download-able Applications& Games:
a. Internet Radio
b. 9 Grid
c. vHome (Voyager Homescreen)
13. et cetera et cetera
You will love it I'm sure. (I hate my N8 because it is defective) but still I'm recommending it to you.
Anonymous, 05 Mar 2011to the best of my knowledge, the purpling only affectsctge screen saver. it shouldn't affect a... moreWatch my uploaded video:
want to see it personally? come here in Bahrain. Anybody who works in Nokia you can see me here in Bahrain just send an email address here & lets talk in private discussion. I will not say anything just replace a new free from defect Nokia N8.
Bob, 05 Mar 2011Did yours have the purple red problem? I'm planning of buying one on Monday.Friend Check your screen before you leave STore..
How To Check if screen is defective or not?
1.) Full to the maximum level light sensor.
2.) Unlock your Phone and press menu Analogue Clock The Normal is Pure Black if you see half reddish and half blck the screen is defective.
3.) Check you widgets CNN,Nat,E Wait untill finish loading the noramal is pure black if you see reddish your violet the screen is defective.
4.) Download the amoled test save you usb drive and check it on your device before you leave @Store If you see violet or reddish on gradient Amoled test the screen is defctive. the normal is pure blck.
5) Also download the qtorch application if you you see reddish the screen is dfctive the normal color is pure blck...
6.) Try to download Movie with dark color, How to check? Instead of blck or dark gray color during movie film the color its look reddish, the screen is defctive...
Bob, 05 Mar 2011Did yours have the purple red problem? I'm planning of buying one on Monday.nope, everything is perfect.
the display is awesome, have got some HD movies/trailers on the phone and its unbelievable how great the screens clarity is
the phone just takes a while to boot up but that is because Ive got the spb mobile shell, its basically a more beautiful OS over the phone's OS.
Nitin, 05 Mar 2011This is a good phone But has some dis advantages like battery is inbuilt & wide screen(Dis... morewait whot? lol
the audio is absolutely awesome on the phone, amazing clarity, its just a tad to soft. otherwise if you are by yourself with not alot of backround noise then its very clear and crisp
i just got the N8 last week and what a phone!
i just want to ask you guys, what is the best apps i can have. i already got: spb mobile shell, ndesk,panaroma that doesnt work that well, pixelpipe for facebook, upcode barcode scanner, sportstracker for my cycling.
any other uber cool apps i can get my hands on?
thanx in advance
mobilelover, 04 Mar 2011Why are you guys creating such silly staffs? what's dat? I have never heard of it such display... more
Im not bashing N8, Im react for what ive seen on my n8 display its reddish purple, Off-course you don,t believed this because you didn't facing this problem on your device, But, God Know What is true, Im not idiot, im telling honestly.. Pleased Nokia Campany Answer this issue and fix it as soon as possible.....
This is a good phone But has some dis advantages like battery is inbuilt & wide screen(Display).display Shoud be only 53mm wide & there is no stereo speakers in this phone audio quality is low.
Hey Nokia pls Launch The upgrade version of nokia N8
With these corrections. Otherwise its a good phone
Anonymous, 04 Mar 2011and how about playing videos? do you think its not affected? maybe your phone s perfect but my... moreto the best of my knowledge, the purpling only affectsctge screen saver. it shouldn't affect any where else in the interface. its either you have a different problem from the general one or you are a stupid troll who doesn't actually own one.
can someone itemize both the good and bad side of nokia n8, I really want to buy d phone
Please don't getting angry!
I am not a Nokia N8 user,but I own a HTC Desire.
I am facing the same problem with "purple display screen problem" same as yours!
the reason is AMOLED screen!
[deleted post]does it have a camera? Where r u from? Its camera is tha point of attraction. 12 MEGAPIXELS baby!