Anonymous, 17 Jan 2011buy the phone from nokia priority. They are having all sets from second batch
5 years is too ... moreThanx dude...
hurm..okey...then i use this phone for 1 year then buy a new model...
you use N8?is it really worth the price?or any better phone within this N8 range of price?
EB, 17 Jan 2011Guys i got N8 2 days ago. Everything is fine except when its charging next to battery status i... more10%?? Are you using spb shell or battery monitor? If yes just reinstall and it will work fine. Nokia never shows amount of battery
i recommend that don't buy this phone at any cost bcoz this phone is full of problems and since the day the n8 was lauched and till the date today every user is facing some kind of problem with n8 .nokia is very irresponsible they already knewed that this set will have problems despite of that they released it just bcoz they were far back from iphone and androids from last 2 years so they want to come back with this handset but not manufactured properly so nokia this time u have lost ur more image that u build up..all n8 holder who r and were facing problems they were complaining that nokia servicing is horrible regarding this set they r making fools and not concentrating or bothering about customers problem they just give dates and dates but no good response so guys nokia sucks and is much far away from iphone4 samsung galaxy htc hd ,and now new motorolla atrix..giving 12 mp and usb on go does'nt mean that its best phone.so guys beware and don't buy until u r 100% sure confident about it.....
Guys i got N8 2 days ago. Everything is fine except when its charging next to battery status it shows 10% and stays like that all the time?? I start charging my phone this morning and now battery is full but 10% stays there all the time? Is that ok?
N8 User, 17 Jan 2011I have the Nokia N8 for a month now and it is by far the worst experience I've had with a noki... more1. I don't use wifi. I use data plan and it works fine.
2. I don't use Nokia's ovi browser. I use opera mobile. Its great!
3. Music widget never die on me nor give me any problem before.
4. The symbian homescreen is still so attractive to me. I like to put optimus prime as my first homescreen wallpaper and bumblebee as my second and leave the default theme wallpaper as my last homescreen. The overall design is just a delight to be look at.
5. N8 camera is just simply amazing!
6. I am not a gaming person. But you are rite, N8 is not bad for gaming.
7. The video and audio recording on N8 is also simply great!
8. OVI map is also a real great feature. Better than google map imo.
mang, 17 Jan 2011Can anyone tell me how to compare First batch of N8 and second batch of N8?..coz I want to buy... morebuy the phone from nokia priority. They are having all sets from second batch
5 years is too much. By the end of 2011 nokia would have launched symbian 5. In 1 year this and all the latest phones will be outdated
its a good phone...has improved capacitive display...not as good as androids...bt hey cmon its way better than other nokia fellas...the camera is the best feature and most important feature of the phone...the os has been improved than s60v5..
N8 User, 17 Jan 2011I have the Nokia N8 for a month now and it is by far the worst experience I've had with a noki... morewifi signal problem. Wen i am at 5 m distance from my wifi router n8 doesn't lose signal. But at >10m it loses connection. My wifi router is only capable of transmitting upto 10m but my laptop can get signal upto 15 m. I think they use bigger antennas in laptops and not in mobiles as they have to conserve space. But n8 wifi works well within specified limits
Invalid server name: never experienced this problem on n8. My earlier phone n86 used to give this problem in poor network conditions
automatic connection problem. If you have set widgets offline and email sync to manual, it should not connect automatically. Download netqin guard and see what apps are online
set the access point in settings. Then it wont ask again. If it is asking it means you have more than 1 AP under internet destination
download swype for nokia from beta labs. It has a better qwerty
social is a beta software. It has been updated and is now bug free. But gravity is better
Can anyone tell me how to compare First batch of N8 and second batch of N8?..coz I want to buy one..and I dont want to be cheated....
and one more thing....Can I use this phone like 5 years period time??
help lz..im confused...
do tell me the PRO and CONTRA plzz....thanxx
hey guys Pls helstoreis any prob wit ovi store. Am not able to download its shows unable to retrive my stuff. Why wi fi s disconnecting. While browsing its coming as invalid server. Guys Pls help
N8 User, 17 Jan 2011I have the Nokia N8 for a month now and it is by far the worst experience I've had with a noki... morehey dude whassup...i have an n8 and it dont have neither of this issues..works flawless..maybe you got a deffective one.. but dont generalize...n8 is a great phone..you should contact nokia care in no time, coz this issues are not really commom..
manish, 17 Jan 2011this is my first nokia handset and I must say I had very bad experience with nokia. Though thi... more@ manish .yes u r rite nokia here sucks.its company biggest fault that they sell and shipped all faulty phone without proper examine and this is very big matter and for that they should get biggest fault of the year award ..but now nokia has confirmed that all issues and problems are fixed and solved out perfectly.so the news was that first batch of sales was facing this all problem but second batch was problem free so therefore ur handset might be of first batch thats y u r facing problem ...so all the best hope u will get ur handset quickly and problem free ...and after that enjoy mate..
whatz the difference between a phone that has a 1gb ROM and a phone with a 512mb ROM but have the same 256mb RAM?
I have the Nokia N8 for a month now and it is by far the worst experience I've had with a nokia phone. I own 10 Nokia phones including the E70/72/75/90 and I can honestly say that compared to these the N8 S U C K S B A L L Z!
1. Nokia N8 crashes my WPA2 router. I will not put the router on WEP
2. Nokia N8 constantly loses WIFI connection.
3. Nokia N8 constantly gives "Invalid server name"
4. Nokia N8 constantly reconnects to known wifis eventhough you tell the damn thing not to. I had to delete homsecreens and e-mail accounts in order for it to stop. Before the N8 lovas come and shout, yes, wifi scan off, yes, manual, always ask, unticked e-mail days retrival, changed my destinations priority, set my widgets to offline, etc. I've followed to the letter steps on the official nokia board. I have to either delete the e-mail accounts or the known access points.
5. Nokia N8 connects on its own via 02 3.5G. It drains, yet again, the battery. I have to delete my provider settings to stop it from connecting.
6. Nokia N8 has a crap browser and e-mail client.
7. Nokia N8 needs theme animations off or you end up with 3 menus overlayed giving you a garbled image for a few seconds.
8. Nokia N8 has huge issues due to the OS. GPS app does not remember access point settings, camera menu always asks for an access point if you use geotagging.
9. Nokia N8 music widgets stops working sometimes. You need to reboot the phone.
10. Nokia N8 landscape qwerty sucks so badly it makes you cringe. Yes, you can put word prediction on but it still sucks. The layout is horrible. I can type faster when I use the T9 one!!
11. Nokia N8 social app is bad. Had to buy Gravity and I am using 1.50a for both twitter and facebook.
What does the N8 do well? PLAYING GAMES! THAT IS IT!
I work as a technical advisor working for one of the biggest phone retailers in the UK. The Nokia N8 whilst having fantastic hardware still have the symbian OS. Whilst it has it's features and benefits it is too unreliable and is prone to crashing frequently and making the handset a real handful to get out any real user satisfaction. If Nokia were to outsource the software the handset would be one of the best currently available on the market... Time to say goodbye to symbian I beleieve.
best in every field.............best nokia phone ever.............till date............