N8 User, 17 Jan 2011I have the Nokia N8 for a month now and it is by far the worst experience I've had with a noki... morehey dude whassup...i have an n8 and it dont have neither of this issues..works flawless..maybe you got a deffective one.. but dont generalize...n8 is a great phone..you should contact nokia care in no time, coz this issues are not really commom..
manish, 17 Jan 2011this is my first nokia handset and I must say I had very bad experience with nokia. Though thi... more@ manish .yes u r rite nokia here sucks.its company biggest fault that they sell and shipped all faulty phone without proper examine and this is very big matter and for that they should get biggest fault of the year award ..but now nokia has confirmed that all issues and problems are fixed and solved out perfectly.so the news was that first batch of sales was facing this all problem but second batch was problem free so therefore ur handset might be of first batch thats y u r facing problem ...so all the best hope u will get ur handset quickly and problem free ...and after that enjoy mate..
whatz the difference between a phone that has a 1gb ROM and a phone with a 512mb ROM but have the same 256mb RAM?
I have the Nokia N8 for a month now and it is by far the worst experience I've had with a nokia phone. I own 10 Nokia phones including the E70/72/75/90 and I can honestly say that compared to these the N8 S U C K S B A L L Z!
1. Nokia N8 crashes my WPA2 router. I will not put the router on WEP
2. Nokia N8 constantly loses WIFI connection.
3. Nokia N8 constantly gives "Invalid server name"
4. Nokia N8 constantly reconnects to known wifis eventhough you tell the damn thing not to. I had to delete homsecreens and e-mail accounts in order for it to stop. Before the N8 lovas come and shout, yes, wifi scan off, yes, manual, always ask, unticked e-mail days retrival, changed my destinations priority, set my widgets to offline, etc. I've followed to the letter steps on the official nokia board. I have to either delete the e-mail accounts or the known access points.
5. Nokia N8 connects on its own via 02 3.5G. It drains, yet again, the battery. I have to delete my provider settings to stop it from connecting.
6. Nokia N8 has a crap browser and e-mail client.
7. Nokia N8 needs theme animations off or you end up with 3 menus overlayed giving you a garbled image for a few seconds.
8. Nokia N8 has huge issues due to the OS. GPS app does not remember access point settings, camera menu always asks for an access point if you use geotagging.
9. Nokia N8 music widgets stops working sometimes. You need to reboot the phone.
10. Nokia N8 landscape qwerty sucks so badly it makes you cringe. Yes, you can put word prediction on but it still sucks. The layout is horrible. I can type faster when I use the T9 one!!
11. Nokia N8 social app is bad. Had to buy Gravity and I am using 1.50a for both twitter and facebook.
What does the N8 do well? PLAYING GAMES! THAT IS IT!
I work as a technical advisor working for one of the biggest phone retailers in the UK. The Nokia N8 whilst having fantastic hardware still have the symbian OS. Whilst it has it's features and benefits it is too unreliable and is prone to crashing frequently and making the handset a real handful to get out any real user satisfaction. If Nokia were to outsource the software the handset would be one of the best currently available on the market... Time to say goodbye to symbian I beleieve.
best in every field.............best nokia phone ever.............till date............
Overall it's a great product i must say that i'm a bit impressed by some features, but the browser, the menu and text messaging is't the best i give it overall 7 in scale of 1 to 10 it's beeen a week ago since i had this phone
this is my first nokia handset and I must say I had very bad experience with nokia. Though this is a very good phone but it is half baked. Undoubtly this is by far the best of nokia till date.
If third party application like spb shell can make this device more smooth and faster....then why can't nokia do it with their symbian UI. Still it's damn gud...i love it.
My n8 is nearly two months old but hardly I have managed to use it for more than 15 days. Coz my phone is always with nokia care for fix......still no solution.
This might not be case 4 u all but my n8 reboots itself frequently & occasionaly. Nokia care guys have not been able to sort out the problem...still hoping it gets fixed.
I googled and found out that many of handsets like mine has similar issues....so my question for NOKIA is.......
How can u bring the device to market without having proper quality check? ......nokia sux here..... I feel like I m robbed until I get my handset repaired. F.u.c.k nokia!!!
i am a N8 user for almost three months now. except for my initial unit which have to be replace coz it hanged, so far so good. the best thing about this phone is the camera even my friends who owns iphone 4 and samsung galaxy s all agrees that nokia n8 camera is better than theirs. but when it comes to apps, nokia is nowhere near those of apple or android especially when you are in asia. i think there are more apps in ovi store when you are in europe or north america. nokia is discriminating against asian that's why this will be my last nokia phone. SE Arc here i come! :)
Hey the Ovi Music Unlimited service is being shut down :( Anyone know why?
[deleted post] Android isn't all that good actually, otherwise Nokia would have adopted it ages ago. Instead, they are developing Meego as their new proprietary OS.
Nokia have also already included micro usb with the N8. In fact, as of next year in Europe all phones will have micro USB by law.
Keep an eye out for the N9.
hi.i been using this phone from last 3month or so.never have a problem.it is a excellent device.cammera is great.overall its a great looking and good device to use.i am not a nokia fan but after buyying this i love to recommend people for this mobile.thumbsup for nokia