i installed it into my phone. it is fixed, now my problem is it always fails. i mean the sms msg fails.
This phone is gr8!!! but i have a prob. PLEASE HELP!!!! my n80 doesnt except any symbian apps. nt via blutooth nt on net dwnload. how can i fix dat. PLEAAAASEEEEE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
Hi Kenzo and Jy =)
install the SMS Accelerator found on the Nokia website.
This will speed up the sending of SMS.
Its a common issue with this phone that the firmware has not solved yet thats why they released the SMS accelerator application
The best way to view ur contacts wen the screen is wet or the phone is stuck inside , is to use the pc suit .
I got this fantastic phone (silver / chrome front and the black back cover) for one month and by viewing all comments (thanx to its fantastic Web features with mouse function) I've got few things to mention :
1. Rate this phone as the best of the best
(except the new QWERTY keyboard E70 which is a bit too very advanced)
2. Photos and videos are of excellent quality (there's no comparisson especially from Nokia's rivals SE K series or Sumsong)
Only one disadvantage- you will not be able to have the photograph on the full screen as a wallpaper - it will be right in the centre of the screen (size of +/- 15 x 15 mm) which I personally don't like it.
3. Anti virus protection - the best bet is to contact either your service provider or the local Nokia service centre who will advice accordingly.
I'm an addict to the web on a daily basis (for hours) and so far (may be that I'm lucky) I did not pick up any virus.
4. Slider - it is the same as the 1st day = It is certified that NOKIA does good and extended research / tests before launching any model. Hence you will not have any problems.
5. Battery life (except when spending hours on the web like me - getting flat in +/- 3.5 hours and needs a normal recharge of 1.5 hours max) is acceptable but do not leave your Bluetooth on permanently. Switch it off as soonest you finish your loads / downloads.
6. Do not get that magnetic flap pouch. As soonest you close the flap, the stand-by mode will be deactivated and the display will stay on permanently. Plus the magnetic field does interfere with phone's functionality and it is not advisable.
I carry my phone always in the pocket and it is fine.
7. Unfortunately I dropped my phone last week but fortunately only the front cover got few scratches which anoyed the hell out of me.
Hence I sent it to the Nokia local service centre and something great came out - I decided to fit the black front cover which looks excellent with the silver front keypad. After all was my good choice.
8. The best bet is to use only original Nokia microSD card. For me, the internal memorey plus the supplied memory card in the box is enough. Especially that I'm not into MP3s or too many photographs.
9. The web is working perfect and fast with one exception - when the visited web site is larger than 1 MB, it throws me out completely from the web to the main menu (any suggestions ?)
In the end, I may say that I did not encounter any problems especially that my phone was indeed abused since day one.
All of the actual users or the potential buyers, you are asured of owning the "Jack of all trades". Good luck to everyone.
its not just you, im facing the same problem too. everytime i send a message, it takes more than a minute to send. and its getting irritating!
hi guys im here again. is it just me? that experiencing the sms lag thingy..
i need to know how i can fix this because every time i send a sms msg. my phone hang for about a minute..
please help me. thanks
There are two ways of doing it:
1)Go to 'contacts', select the contact you want to assign a ringtone to, open it, go to 'options', there you'll find 'ringing tone'.
2)Else go to 'tracks' or 'sound clips' and choose the one you want to assign, go to 'options' and under that you'll find 'set as ringing tone', just check the boxes of the contacts and it is set as a ringtone for them.
Guys, can you please help me with adding a ringtone to contact.
The problem is that when the contact is already stored in contacts it doesn't give an option to add a ringtone. I found an option to add a ringtone to a group of contacts, but not to a single contact that is already stored.
N73 has better camera than N80
N73 has better battery life
N80 has Wifi and N73 does not
N80 has included memory card and N73 does not (depends on geographical region)
other than that, everything else are the same when it comes to features.
hi, i think this phone is really great but im still stuck between the n73 and the n 80? Anyone got any thoughts or opinions?
this will depend if you have set a shortcut on your main screen or if you havent changed the position of your icons on the Menu... if you have not then this is the instructions...
1) press the menu button on the phone (the one next to the pencil button)
2) press the "up" button to highlight the Contacts icon.
3) press the center button to open the Contacts icon
4) press the left Options button (above the green answer button).
5) press the down button 9 times to highlight "Mark"
6) press the right button to open the sub menu of Mark
7) press the down button once to highlight "Mark all"
8) press the center button to click "Mark all"
9) press the left Options botton
10) press the down button 4 times
11) press the right button to open the sub menu
12) press the center button to click "To Sim directory"...
that should start copying your contacts to SIM... just give it a few minutes to copy everything.
thankx for the suggestions ...ill do then ill tell u all how nokia do people easy......
i got the screen wet, therfore i cant see anything. but i need my contacts that are saved on the phone and not on the sim card. can you tell me in steps to copy the phones contacts to sim contacts? remeber i cant see anything so i need a good explanation. for example . press enter. then go down three times. press enter etc. please help.
Yes its possible 2 send game thru blutut but it has to b first into different files not exceeding 1 mb each.
go to here & install sms acce...http://www.europe.nokia.com/A4149142