ok listen up fools.
To those of u dissing the N80..majority of you probably havnt even seen the fone to recognize the amazing features it has.
You name me a phone which connects wirelessly to your network and to all computers, and can play,recieve and send to all those computers and to the phone. the phone is simply amazing.
- YES the battery life wont last you more than a day, but I dont blame it, the features and colour display and the best i've seen.
- The slider is used as a means of making the phone smaller when the keys r not needed, e.g playing music, games, etc.
- For those who are after the Handy Keylock, find it here: http://www.iphone-forum.org/showthread.php?t=108414&highlight=handy+keylock
- In my personal opinion, the video and camera quality is second to none, games and applications are also awesome, worms3d, duke nuken, 3d snake etc.
- probably the only thing that is a bit of a discomfort is the size. coming off a v3, it makes a difference, but i guess u need to get used to it, and trust me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
- Get a 2gb sd card and use it as an ipod as well... laughin..
if any1 else has queries, just email me.
And for those of you wanting to get an n80 but scared coz of all these comments, dont worry about it,take it from me, if u love functionality, you will love this phone.
d fonez cool..packed wid features tho itz a bit bulky..bt dusnt mater mch cuz al d new fonws r cumin wid d sam siz..screen res is superb..nly if u luk clos enf wil u b abl 2 undrstn dat itz nt a 16bit 1..go 4 it...gud valu 4 mony
can somebody tell me wht's the use of that slider???
U can't have freedom on the keypad.
hey buddies come on,you can't applaud a fone with which u simply can't think of playing a game,or for that matter even writing a small sms with ease.
i simply can't stop me from laughing at the stupid idea of opening that stupid slider to write a small sms.
Hi all...got my N80 2 mths ago from O2..great phone but suffering from some bugs that are driving me insane..
1. When messaging, takes ages to send a text even when they are text only and one page (less than 150 characters). The phone just freezes.
2. When receiving texts/multimedia, the phone stops...literally!
3. On vid mode, can't send msgs of more than 100kb
4. When playing with menu, the phone can just lock once again.
5. When taking pics, once again, phone can literally lock when I'm browsing the pics I've taken.
I've got the standard 128mb memory card (70mb free), don't use the mp3 player (so no songs), do have some fav songs as ringtones (5 at max), delete old text messages, no bluetooth etc..
Any ideas?? Read on here about the new firmware download...would that resolve the issue or should I take it back to O2? Or get the 2gig card??
Cheers all, any help would be appreciated as its a nice phone and everyone in the office likes it...apart from me at the moment!
To make the N80 autolock you have to load a program.. At least it is much better than not locking it at all..
I do not understand why some people just concern about the camera only.. I rather buy a digital camera to get a better picture instead of k800i.. Even LG coming out with a 5MP phone camera and it is much clearer compare to k800i.. Use your brain for sake..
Hey does anyone know what 2GB mini SD card works on the Nokia N80? I purchased a Kingston one but doesnt seem to work.
By the way I the phone is awesome
i have this fone for abt 2 months... it rocks... all ppl out there, this is the fone...better than sony erricson.. only the sliding part is irritating but overall it is a gr8 fone and is trouble free... its got a pretty fast processor and a good cam
N80 is fully featured: connectivity, brilliant dispaly (best resolution for the present), relatively fast responding to commands. But it battery is awful - 760 mAh is absolutely insufficient for suach a phone. It can hardly last a day (not 24 hours but from morning to evening) and if you use a bluetooth handsfree u have to charge in early afternoon. If u do not talk much, let say less than 300 min a day it can lasta day and a half if u swiths it off in the night. So althoigh t is very nice it is not practical and havin in mind how it costs - it occurs that this phone is not the right choice...
Can anyone help me please to update the firmware verion. the OS on my N80 has lots of buggs, and keeps telling me memory full randomly .. I'm so dissapointed on this phone after spending a fortune on it ..... I should have waited and bought the P990 in stead..It looks much better and stronger than the N80
Your help is appreciate it.
the n73 only have better cameria and video cam. thats it. anthing els is better? all i know the n80 has a lot more feathers than n73
please ,can enyone tell me which program to use for useing my n80 like a web camera? or can u tell me where i can find such programm? because i have heard that it is possible to use a symbian nokia fone like web camera.please help me.thanks a lot.
does N80 become slow when the memory card or the shared memory begin full.thx
Darkdesire - Don't even buy either of the two (N70 or N80). Buy N73 instead. You will regret to buy either N70 or N80. I used both of these models. N70 too slow, camera & video not really good. N80 screen is OK but camera & video is awful and battery crap. In fact, even N80 has 3MP camera, it looks to me N70 with 2MP has better camera & even video. I'm using N73 now and I could'nt ask for more at the moment until maybe N83 or N95 is already available in the market.
hey guys wich fone is better..n70 or n80.. hv seen them both but n 80 luks a bit dull..also it has a short battery life..n70 luks stylish but i heard tht u cant set an mp3 as ur ringtone n it makes a loud buzzin noise at the time of video rec..im purchasin it frm overseas thru my dad n im really confused wich 1 to buy
would i book my phone into a nokia service center to upgrade to newer firmware & is it free thank you