to victor,, great stuff,,if i can get an extra hour out of it that will do me..trust you to go one better its £2 cheaper at your place..ha?Will the charger cope? as the power differece at that voltage is almost minimal i suppose it will & im an electrician too but it shud charge it.The one thing ive noticed is the phone is getting smaller altho its only an illusion but using my w900i last nite the w900i felt huge
yes,sure go for 6230i,u get ur value for ur money..or better,go for N1100,u get it free if u buy airtime:) value for money??? sorry i bought N80 coz i simply want the best on market smart a$$
Also I found 1000mAh battery for my Nokia N80. I ordered one an hour ago from http://www.italkonline.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/1_2_7/products_id/233 . I will let you know about its quality and performance.
ive found a 1000 ma battery herehttp://www.datakits.co.uk/store/nokia-extended-1000mah-battery-3220-5140-6020-6021-7260-n80-n90-p-2229.html?osCsid=f2bd1a80641b15e84006ecdc4c9bf880
to " Akbar " or "big" in english;
the n80 is not better then the n73. yes, it does have wifi, but it also has a shorter battery life, so what is the point of using wifi when ur battery is dead???? exactly. the video quality is not better, the screen is, so it makes the pix nd vids appear better, but on pc, you are wrong. other then that, i was going to get the n80, but i want a biggr screen, and more battery. so the n73 is great for me. thnx.
to ron,,the cam is said to be worse on e70 but who cares? I put earlier that these arnt for proffessional use there just to take a good snap ,i use the 2 megapixel setting because as i put earlier my dads gx30 takes good sharp snaps but has ccd sensor these all are cmos chips..I have one thing to say & that is going back to my gx10 & panasonic gd87 you had no controls just point & shoot & i used it in clubs & in lowlight etc but thats all the control you had & it was so simple,,now these thing you get now it just to complicated & a drag,,i would like them to just have basic pro shoot mode because seriously would you trust a camfone for wedding fotos & holidays that you want to treasure because i would not & in the past wen we got our holiday snaps develpoed we got them 6x4 inches & 1 megapixel was good enuf for that.The lenses are bottom of the pack even carlzeiss & cybershot..i got the n80 because of all the features i need & cif video & mines doing good just a lot of apps,,themes etc wont install? errors such as unable to install,,,,update error,,,file not supported are displayed..Still symbian has no stopwatch & the usual one from zedge i install has gone off the site (it was ajava app)so stuck their
1-why I cann't install .sis files on my phone?
2-when I want to connect to the internet with
WLAN it needs pre-share key, what is this?
the WiFi connects to our home modem and uses it to surf the net??does it uses our service provider GPRS?
Reading all this on such an expensive phone, i would elect simply the 6230i. I have had the 8800 which i changed for 6230 and now i want the 6230i which i think you get all more value for your money.
Am thinkin this may be the phone for me but I want to run Tom Tom Navigator on it and dont know if it will work. Has anyone used TOMTOM on this phone yet...?
the best damn phone money could buy,all u guys out there thinkin n73 is better than n80 well your wrong n80 is equiped with everythin,it is also equiped witha a wifi and n73 dosent have a wifi,the movie and the picture quality of n80 is better than n73
Bought it beacuse of GSM 850 and UMTS 2100 bands. Slider is rubbish, no click or lock. Opens in pocket and dials calls on its own. great spec, very poor design and build quality.
i being a diehard fan of nokia . . was really disappointed with n80 !!
my frnd bought n80 n my other frnd has a SE k800!
i tried comparing the cams !!
oh com'on . . SE k800 pics r just too good . .
nokia is outa cams !!
AND THE WORST THING IN N80 COMES DURIN NIGHT !
THE PICS TAKEN AT NIGHT ARE JUST PATHETIC TO SAY THE LEAST !
AND THE FLASH PROVIDED SUX TOO
To ron:BIIIIIIIIIG mistake.N80 should not have been sold.Anyways.Your call.If you like the E70 get it.Do not worry about the megapixels and the flash.Since there is no autofocus,the pictures will look awfully ugly anyway.
can sumbody give me an advice...i just sold my nokia n80 and planning on getting e70 but im contemplating coz e70 doesn't have a flash and 2mp only.your comment will be highly appreciated.
To helmiii:The problem of restarting could be due to lack of memory.Try not to run too many applications at the same time.Lack of memory resourses,causes the running task(s) to fail.When a task that runs on the O.S. fails,it makes the O.S restart itself.Some technicians I have spoken with,have also told me that restarting may be caused by short circuits,or a corrupted SIM card.If the problem continues,have it checked by an authorised service center or even better,by an advanced third party cell phone technician(but in such case,the warranty could be cancelled).If you consider a replacement,the n73 is good but not better,since it is running the same O.S,meaning that it suffers from the same problems,while having less advanced features(except camera).In my humble opinion,you should keep this phone.The sound of the N91 is theoritically the same.In fact,I have not heard it yet.
can anyone tell me from where i can download themes , software and games for n80? except zedge and mobile9, thnx
i bought this phone for around $750 on its first week of release. i haven't had any major problems with it : battery lasted 2 days with lots of mp3 playing and texting, slider works fine, it doesn't freeze or took a long time to send a message (if it did then it is probably the SIM card, since my other SIM card causes that problem on my n80), and the signal's are fine (i have a SE K750 and the reception is worse). However i'm having thoughts to resell it.
I personally think N80 is a better choice than K800 since SE is more tricky with more lousy material and the price dropped too much when we resell it.
Actually, the only problem that i got with N80 is that lately the phone restarts a lot and it does bother me. Does it have to do with the firmware? I never updated it because i don't know where to download the latest update and don't have that much time to go to Nokia Care Center.
One more thing, with the N92, N73 or N93 coming out, should i replace this phone with either one of those? ppl say N73 is better and faster but how come it is cheaper than N80, and i hate the shape of it too. so i'm confused. One last question, does anyone ever compared the sound quality with N91? I've heard N91 once through a Bose Headphone (on the demo booth) so it won't be fair for me to compare with the sound of N80 through the default earphone.
Overall, I rate this phone 8/10, the best phone i've ever had.
RM-92 dp v 13.0 (MCU SW 4.0623.0.41)
Date: 17.08.2006 Size: 101.5 MB
- New features
- When there is a headset connected then it is possible to close the slide
without ending the call
- Support for Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 has been added (No
support for DRM)
- Adobe PDF Reader has been added
- Mobile Search has been added
- Antivirus has been added
- FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) pull is enabled in some variants
- Backup cannot read midlet when midlet is running before backup starts
- Contacts database is in use if client remains open during
- Java midlet data is not restored
- Panics if java hash information was not parsed successfully
- SIS files are not restored after backup/restore
- Midlets installed to drive other than (C not backed up or restored
- Package data file restoration problem when directory doesn't already
- Backup/Restore failed to restore assigned Speed Dial numbers
- Improvements to stability of long term connections
- Switching on BT On ->off-> on can cause phone menu to lock up and
- Browser memory usage reduction when browsing many sites
- WAP Push correction for CSL
- Remove anti-aliasing for Chinese fonts
- www.kauppalehti.fi login causes connection timed out
- Stop browser loading images when memory low
- Meeting end date does not span correctly if user changes device
timezone to greater than current value
- Received recurring vCal entry is not saved to calendar
- Calendar alarm time imported incorrectly from S40 device
- Calendar editor erases subject field if you edit a full subject field
- Calendar crashes when changing repeat rule on an entry
- The anniversary alarm never goes off
- 100 consecutive alarms does not alert
- Due date and start date are mixed in ToDo items -> ToDo alarm can
not be stopped
- Calendar Options->Delete entry->All entries fails to delete exceptions
to recurring meetings.
- Change in time zone results in incorrect alarm date.
- System error and product freezes with certain Calendar note
- Lunar Calendar information is not available for dates before 1980
- Last instance of repeating meeting is lost, if repeating meeting is
modified in Outlook
- Unable to dismiss calendar alarm
- Repeating calendar entries
- Manual network selection freezes the phone if there is active PDP
- Display wrong operator name "1" in Manual Selection list
- Bitmap corruption in thumbnails
- Camera localisation error fix (Localised Slovak) Camera: Wrong
grammar form of Automatic used in Scene Set-up
- Backslash character not properly handled when contact is copied to
- Call Back Access Point does not call back
- Rare Stability problems in TCP/IP
- Device Manager
- Display FOTA help for FOTA enabled variants
- Certain animated Gif files do not play when opened from Images and
- Screen becomes black for a second right after playing video file saved
in memory card
- Wrong Presentation icon is shown in the Gallery.
- BT Image Print - Phone is stuck at Cancelling screen
- PictBridge/HP475 - Phone hangs at cancelling screen after cancelling a
pictbridge print job on HP475 printer
- Video file is not played if opening from File Manager while another is
paused on the background.
- DRM image can't be zoomed in if the last right is in use.
- The display position of AnimatedGIF file is incorrect.
- New Camera Images do not appear in Gallery if Gallery is open
- The Animated GIF file, which has copyright protection of valid
Consumable Rights(count=5) can be played more than 5 times.
- 3gp playback incorrect when there are many images on memory card
- No help topics available in Music Settings View.
- Issues with recognizing new mimetypes
- Fallback when help directory is empty
- Memory Card
- Improve FAT mount performance by increasing FAT cache granularity
- Particular 256MB MiniSD card gives "Windows was unable to complete
the format" when formatting under WinXP.
- Memory card unlocking does not work if no card inserted while phone
- Fix for memory card missing on soft reset
- Forwarded attachments visible as unsupported files in attachments
- Envelope icon doesn't stop blinking until phone is rebooted
- E-mail : It takes too long to attach contacts via e-mail.
- Message stays in outbox (until rebooted) after cancelling infrared
- Fixes MMS postcard image import size issue
- Obex crash with corrupted obex header
- Extra space at end of word when typing '/' character
- Can't receive message when using China Unicon dual mode card
- Add any file type to email attachment options
- Incorrect number is shown in note when fetching emails
- IMAP: Crash after trying to retrieve an email when there's no network
- Message Viewer takes 39 seconds to display long unicode message
- Link Highlight in automatic find does not wrap to next line in mixed
- Data cannot be shown and deleted when save a large vCard which
received by IrDA.
- Progressive JPEG codec doesn't compress heap after decoding
- Music Player
- Music player will be terminated forcefully at the time of selecting
searched data when the [Mark all] selected in track list creation.
- Sending many UDP packets results in not all packets reaching the
- Real Player
- Large chunk video break up
- Unresponsive RealPlayer after streaming
- No post after user cancel JAR download
- Exes are launched by Installer App before EULA is accepted
- Installer crashes when uninstalling software
- App. installed in other phone to memory card, shortcut to it is shown in
- Reset loop with certain (filesystem partly corrupted) MiniSD card
- Application Manager: Application loses list of installed applications
- Session ID in server notification (package #0) is not taken into use by
- Synchronisation fails if entering more than 2 entries in Calendar of the
handset with synchronisation setting as "None"
- Unknown authorisation request causes media server crash.
- UPnP - Apps Menu path in message for creating WLAN access points
is incorrect - localisation of path for all languages.
- Middle ok button does not work in result window
- Copying files with ‘&’ character in
- Home Network, fix for Music playlist sharing selections not working
- Mass Storage failure. Bulk Transport handles case badly
- USB mass storage class doesn't detach from Apple MAC/Tiger
- Video Telephony
- UE carried no sound or image after the following procedure UE
became out-of-coverage during VT communication. Then it originated
VT after the VT disconnection.
The following changes were also included in SW release 3.0618.0.1 which
was only available in some markets.
- DTMF tones now allowed for emergency call created with locked phone
- RealPlayer updated – Improved handling for large chunk video
- RealPlayer updated – Improvements to unresponsive RealPlayer
- Settings wizard updated to week 16 release for Taiwan country
- Correction to SAT polling reponse
- Connecting doesn't succeed after disconnecting N616 car kit and
from 3G to 2G
- AD15 in Music Player mode has poor sound quality (until volume
Needed equipment for software update:
- Phoenix Service Software version 2006.20.9.148 or later
- Product Data Package v13.0
- PKD-1 Dongle & Flash Prommer FPS-10 or
DKU-2 USB Cable
- Product specific service devices