can anyone tell me from where i can download themes , software and games for n80? except zedge and mobile9, thnx
i bought this phone for around $750 on its first week of release. i haven't had any major problems with it : battery lasted 2 days with lots of mp3 playing and texting, slider works fine, it doesn't freeze or took a long time to send a message (if it did then it is probably the SIM card, since my other SIM card causes that problem on my n80), and the signal's are fine (i have a SE K750 and the reception is worse). However i'm having thoughts to resell it.
I personally think N80 is a better choice than K800 since SE is more tricky with more lousy material and the price dropped too much when we resell it.
Actually, the only problem that i got with N80 is that lately the phone restarts a lot and it does bother me. Does it have to do with the firmware? I never updated it because i don't know where to download the latest update and don't have that much time to go to Nokia Care Center.
One more thing, with the N92, N73 or N93 coming out, should i replace this phone with either one of those? ppl say N73 is better and faster but how come it is cheaper than N80, and i hate the shape of it too. so i'm confused. One last question, does anyone ever compared the sound quality with N91? I've heard N91 once through a Bose Headphone (on the demo booth) so it won't be fair for me to compare with the sound of N80 through the default earphone.
Overall, I rate this phone 8/10, the best phone i've ever had.
RM-92 dp v 13.0 (MCU SW 4.0623.0.41)
Date: 17.08.2006 Size: 101.5 MB
- New features
- When there is a headset connected then it is possible to close the slide
without ending the call
- Support for Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 has been added (No
support for DRM)
- Adobe PDF Reader has been added
- Mobile Search has been added
- Antivirus has been added
- FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) pull is enabled in some variants
- Backup cannot read midlet when midlet is running before backup starts
- Contacts database is in use if client remains open during
- Java midlet data is not restored
- Panics if java hash information was not parsed successfully
- SIS files are not restored after backup/restore
- Midlets installed to drive other than (C not backed up or restored
- Package data file restoration problem when directory doesn't already
- Backup/Restore failed to restore assigned Speed Dial numbers
- Improvements to stability of long term connections
- Switching on BT On ->off-> on can cause phone menu to lock up and
- Browser memory usage reduction when browsing many sites
- WAP Push correction for CSL
- Remove anti-aliasing for Chinese fonts
- www.kauppalehti.fi login causes connection timed out
- Stop browser loading images when memory low
- Meeting end date does not span correctly if user changes device
timezone to greater than current value
- Received recurring vCal entry is not saved to calendar
- Calendar alarm time imported incorrectly from S40 device
- Calendar editor erases subject field if you edit a full subject field
- Calendar crashes when changing repeat rule on an entry
- The anniversary alarm never goes off
- 100 consecutive alarms does not alert
- Due date and start date are mixed in ToDo items -> ToDo alarm can
not be stopped
- Calendar Options->Delete entry->All entries fails to delete exceptions
to recurring meetings.
- Change in time zone results in incorrect alarm date.
- System error and product freezes with certain Calendar note
- Lunar Calendar information is not available for dates before 1980
- Last instance of repeating meeting is lost, if repeating meeting is
modified in Outlook
- Unable to dismiss calendar alarm
- Repeating calendar entries
- Manual network selection freezes the phone if there is active PDP
- Display wrong operator name "1" in Manual Selection list
- Bitmap corruption in thumbnails
- Camera localisation error fix (Localised Slovak) Camera: Wrong
grammar form of Automatic used in Scene Set-up
- Backslash character not properly handled when contact is copied to
- Call Back Access Point does not call back
- Rare Stability problems in TCP/IP
- Device Manager
- Display FOTA help for FOTA enabled variants
- Certain animated Gif files do not play when opened from Images and
- Screen becomes black for a second right after playing video file saved
in memory card
- Wrong Presentation icon is shown in the Gallery.
- BT Image Print - Phone is stuck at Cancelling screen
- PictBridge/HP475 - Phone hangs at cancelling screen after cancelling a
pictbridge print job on HP475 printer
- Video file is not played if opening from File Manager while another is
paused on the background.
- DRM image can't be zoomed in if the last right is in use.
- The display position of AnimatedGIF file is incorrect.
- New Camera Images do not appear in Gallery if Gallery is open
- The Animated GIF file, which has copyright protection of valid
Consumable Rights(count=5) can be played more than 5 times.
- 3gp playback incorrect when there are many images on memory card
- No help topics available in Music Settings View.
- Issues with recognizing new mimetypes
- Fallback when help directory is empty
- Memory Card
- Improve FAT mount performance by increasing FAT cache granularity
- Particular 256MB MiniSD card gives "Windows was unable to complete
the format" when formatting under WinXP.
- Memory card unlocking does not work if no card inserted while phone
- Fix for memory card missing on soft reset
- Forwarded attachments visible as unsupported files in attachments
- Envelope icon doesn't stop blinking until phone is rebooted
- E-mail : It takes too long to attach contacts via e-mail.
- Message stays in outbox (until rebooted) after cancelling infrared
- Fixes MMS postcard image import size issue
- Obex crash with corrupted obex header
- Extra space at end of word when typing '/' character
- Can't receive message when using China Unicon dual mode card
- Add any file type to email attachment options
- Incorrect number is shown in note when fetching emails
- IMAP: Crash after trying to retrieve an email when there's no network
- Message Viewer takes 39 seconds to display long unicode message
- Link Highlight in automatic find does not wrap to next line in mixed
- Data cannot be shown and deleted when save a large vCard which
received by IrDA.
- Progressive JPEG codec doesn't compress heap after decoding
- Music Player
- Music player will be terminated forcefully at the time of selecting
searched data when the [Mark all] selected in track list creation.
- Sending many UDP packets results in not all packets reaching the
- Real Player
- Large chunk video break up
- Unresponsive RealPlayer after streaming
- No post after user cancel JAR download
- Exes are launched by Installer App before EULA is accepted
- Installer crashes when uninstalling software
- App. installed in other phone to memory card, shortcut to it is shown in
- Reset loop with certain (filesystem partly corrupted) MiniSD card
- Application Manager: Application loses list of installed applications
- Session ID in server notification (package #0) is not taken into use by
- Synchronisation fails if entering more than 2 entries in Calendar of the
handset with synchronisation setting as "None"
- Unknown authorisation request causes media server crash.
- UPnP - Apps Menu path in message for creating WLAN access points
is incorrect - localisation of path for all languages.
- Middle ok button does not work in result window
- Copying files with ‘&’ character in
- Home Network, fix for Music playlist sharing selections not working
- Mass Storage failure. Bulk Transport handles case badly
- USB mass storage class doesn't detach from Apple MAC/Tiger
- Video Telephony
- UE carried no sound or image after the following procedure UE
became out-of-coverage during VT communication. Then it originated
VT after the VT disconnection.
The following changes were also included in SW release 3.0618.0.1 which
was only available in some markets.
- DTMF tones now allowed for emergency call created with locked phone
- RealPlayer updated – Improved handling for large chunk video
- RealPlayer updated – Improvements to unresponsive RealPlayer
- Settings wizard updated to week 16 release for Taiwan country
- Correction to SAT polling reponse
- Connecting doesn't succeed after disconnecting N616 car kit and
from 3G to 2G
- AD15 in Music Player mode has poor sound quality (until volume
Needed equipment for software update:
- Phoenix Service Software version 2006.20.9.148 or later
- Product Data Package v13.0
- PKD-1 Dongle & Flash Prommer FPS-10 or
DKU-2 USB Cable
- Product specific service devices
hey im lukin forward 2 buy this fone..i want 2 know wether this fone is too small 2 use..tired of using small compact fones, i now want a bit bigger one..i heard it is only 9 cms in length widout the flap..sumone pls help me on this
To idriss:Are you serious?Get your mind awat from 6681!Too old and with very few features.Make no mistake.The N80 is the most technologically advanced phone up to date.It has got just three problems:
1.Low battery life(two days max)
2.The slider plays(but there is no problem in opening/closing and the phone is robust)
3.A bit slow(which is common on all symbian phones)
Any other glitches mentioned are either non existent,or created by people who have no idea how the device is used.
i hv just bought a nokia n80 for about 3 months ago,i like it very much, but the problem is that sometime after each sms is sent out, it will hang for a while and i have to switch it off and on again, pls help, is it normal for this model?????????
the phone is great, am still rnjoying it. but saw these problems same with other users- poor network reception, slider isn't great, and the battery cannot last even for a day!
gettin this fone..how long is the battery life usually n is it slow when u sms n is the slider all wobley ?
Which one is the more efficient the nokia n80, or the nokia 6681 ?
is it really true that the nokia n80 need to be repaired all the times ?
actually i am thinking about buying this phone because i'm an internet person but you guys scare the hell out of me with the battery, the slider, and the network reception problem. I'am about to invest 535$ in this cellphone, so please i want the guys who used it or experienced it to let me know if it's really worth it !????
when trying out n80 i put 12 songs on to test things & it opened quickly (10 seconds) but when i put my 2gb card in & put 1.65gb of music on it took longer to open,,of corse it will do its obvious isnt it..I am not understanding how fast you want things to open,,even your huge 3ghz --160gb comp takes time!!You are not going to get a fast smartphone wat you people need is a series 40 type nokia fone or just the basics for speedy txting etc.Ive had these smartphones n3650,,spv 100-200 c500 c550--s/e p800,,p900 p910 n7610 n6630 6680 & they are slow at opening up..The fastest fone i ever had was the moto v2288 & that had a radio so there.
have an N80 for a month now. everything is perfect except when i send sms messages. it takes approximately a minute and it hangs while sending. so i cant use it for that time. ive tried everything, even bringing it to its service center and having it reprogrammed. i like the phone and all, but im having thoughts of selling it now
definitly mp3 for the ringtones, needs to be loud ringing tone as my hearing poor, definitly bluetooth, really good camera, most important to me from all nokia's i have used in past is it must be fast, going from 6230 to 6230i a long while ago was awful the 6230i was so slow, i had huge memory card but still way too slow had to get back the old 6230 it was quicker, use the organiser a lot in my mobiles and always on internet on mobile
To make a decision or give advise,I always ask:
- Which feature do you really need from a handphone? (smartphone,camera,music with headset, external speaker, radio and battery life or anything else).
- Give the priority from the feature that you need (I mean, must have and goed quality or average quality it's oke or if the handphone has that feature it's better but if it has not it's also oke).
Than we can give you our opinion.