NO NO NO...!!!!
Always follow the fule that if an offer seems too good to be true, then it usually isnt!!!! Its a scam....
Never buy anything on net using bank transfer.. thats why they slag off paypal.. ok paypal may not be the best, but you know what your getting.. thats why millions of people use it everyday!!!
Stay away from bogus websites!!
Come on, somone must have a site where the firmware was updated!! please upload!
@ n80 lady, a branded firmware is when the network who sells the handset put sum of there own software into nokias software onto the device, they may add a theme or wallpaper that u cant delete, where as a unbranded firmware is original nokia software as if u buy sim free! got it? x
you told me rose seller in ebay so how do you buy the phone and how safe is paypal . so you pay money before or you pay money after he shipped. just a quick question also is it advisable to buy the n80 now because i am planning to buy it may be at the end of july so will the prices decrease.
you told me to buy the phone. so can i use the phone in usa and when i go to india for vacation can i use it over there too.
nokia dont give the update for this firmware??? tere is no support??
why u need to dwenload this firmware from unknown site?????? i wanna buy it, but nk with out nokia support i dont think i will
if nokia N80 was a man i fawl in love with him...he is really perfect.
Changes/improvements made to Nokia N80 Firmware from V 3.0614.0.3 to v 3.0617.0.6:
- Right soft key function changes to “video call” when entering number in
idle to allow fast selection of Video Call.
- Memory optimization has been done to increase available RAM by about 2MB
- Video sharing is now supported in landscape mode
- Improved the volume for text-to-speech conversion
- AD-15 performance improved
- Imrpovements to Anniversary, To-Do and calendar entries
- Improvements in Fixed dialing number (FDN) handling
- Improvements to FM Radio Auto tuning
- Improved handling of Image transfer to Macs over Bluetooth
- Improvements to Video Adaptation Video Encoder and playback
- Camera key is no longer active if device locked
- Improvements to Camera rotation when used by 3rd party applications
- Camera shutter sound is now played during voice call
- Improved PDP context activation time for PC dial up
- Bookmarks can now be separated for WEB and Services applications
- Flash files (SWF) appear in Gallery and are now launched in FlashPlayer
- Improvements to media gallery opening from camera application
- HomeZone indication does not disappear during PDP context active
- HomeZone indication is displayed when GPRS is active and cell changes.
- EONS/Wrong operators names shown on the display
- Correctly shows network name
- EONS name scrolling stops when keys are locked
- Softkeys are missing in idle state
- Idle screen not always restored
- "Localised Greek - Media Gallery - Grammatical mistake in ""Transfer
complete Transferred %N item to %U"""
- Mail settings can now be used from MMC
- Improvements to retrieving an email when there's no network coverage
- Improvements to Video Clip handling in MMS
- Pre-created mms messages can now be loaded
- Music player handling when video open in background
Network settings menu
- GSM network settings menu, missing menu entry
- ROP stays in Loading status sometimes for live streaming
- Incoming Video Call improved handling
- Application Manager: Application loses list of installed applications
- No post after user cancel JAR download
- SAT UI in file twice so set up idle mode text shown twice
- Phone is not issuing Event Downloads to the UICC in 3G
- Wrong behaviour when saving contact with long second number
- Updated motion theme
- SVG files containing PNG images are rendered incorrectly
- USSD command '*121*0#' cannot be processed with USIM
- EAP-LEAP fix
- Esock IP crash when cancel pressed after search for WLAN
- Video call improvements
Any other site that has the N80 Firmware as http://nokia.dogtoe.com is not working anymore?
When you do a firmware upgrade will that get rid of the Simlock/network lock? also will it get rid of the Vodafone software customisation?
how much worse is the n80's video recording compared to the one of the most touted as the best CIF video recording...the n70?
I heard that in the n70's latest firmware it rivals the clarity and fluidity of the n90
so is the n80's video recording capability worse in what aspects? lower framerate?
hmm can it be improved via a new firmware release?
any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks hehe
Just a couple of quick questions...
1, On the N80 can you create folders to store and arrange images & video's, like you used to be able to on older nokias?
2, Can you change the SMS alert tone to an mp3 like you can with the ringtones?
3, Has anyone used www.e2save.com to get their N80, are they any good?
Thanks in advance!
Found this above - Might be of some help - not sure if it has the N80 firmware - It definately has everything else that you need.
Wesley - You are right - I only used it yesterday!! I have the whole lot on my pc including the instructions if anybody wants to direct me to a decent FTP site thats easy to use!
I love the phone. Maybe the image and video areas could be separated. Where can i get the firwate update.
DOGTOE.... has gone, i only used it the other day but now there is only a test page for APACHE !