1. Battery is normal for a symbian phone though. Just recharge it every night and you wont have any problems.
2. Whats the point in dual speakers on a PHONE? It' not like you'll hear the difference between stereo and mono when the speakers are right next to eachother.
4. Thats true, but so far there are no other phones with optical zoom in Europe or US so I don't see this as a missing feature.
5. Not true. Pictures = 20x zoom, videos = 5x zoom.
6. I don't THINK that's true, but I can't be sure.
7. I seriously think I recall hearing it was 30fps. Maybe I'm wrong though.
8. This is actually an advantage to me! Remember, with a cover protecting the lens you can't take paparazzi's of girls! hehe
9. Advantage. Coz because of the normal lens it has vibration! Besides have you seen the photos it can take? It's AMAZING with a big A!! trust me you wont feel like its missing.
10. UPnP like the other guy said.
11. All symbians have hands-free I think.
12. Free 3rd party software.
13. It is the smallest 3G smartphone in the world. Even smaller than N70. Why are you complaining?
14. 3.5 jack accesory comes with the device when you buy it.
15. I have no idea... I guess it's true.
16. Looks friendly to me but can't be sure. Out of the reviews I've seen, I have never seen anyone report this as a problem.
17. Dunno. I Don't think that's a problem though. Which phones can?
N80-Lover here is what i know:
1) average-good i heard on some sites
3) true, but macro modus
8) true, but i don't know if it will get dirty quick
10) false! the N80 has UPnP which will WIRELESSLY show your photos & videos on your tv if your tv supports UPnP
11) false, N80 has built-in handsfree as far as i know
12) pdf viewer can be installed free of charge
13) it's small in height and width, but yes it's a little thick, especially the top where the cam is
14) an audio adapter is included so you can plug in your 3.5mm headphones
15) true :(
hey guys, u think this phone willcome out in march or u recon it will be later?
really this phone is very best for all models of nokia ,one thing i am very Impressed that in this mobile phone having 3mega pixel,you imagine 3mega pixel is very high quality for the camera ,i am waiting for this mobile.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Invincible maybe you should change your name to Unbelieveable.
10mp with 20x Optical zoom and 25Gb by next year? Don't think so sunshine, and if you really believe this maybe you should change your name to Easyfoolable!
god av u heard urself invincible wen r u gona stop all ur lieing, u tried dis on d n90 forum a few months ago talkin bout d new "N99" ppl r not stupid an we can c rite through ur dreams! unless u av proof regardin ur laughable claims dont bother posting
im not dreaming man, nokia will soon make a phone which has all the features of the n90, n91 and n92 including the n80 features, im saving my money for when that phone comes out, it should come out by the end of next year, i think nokia will name it the n100 and it will cost £350 and the colours the phone will be available in will be black or red. Its features will include a 10 megapixel camera with autofocus, carl zeiss lens, optical zoom x 20 and digital zoom x 50, digital radio and tv which you can watch for free, bluetooth version 12.0, infrared, stereo speakers, internal memory of 25 gigabytes with memory card slot, wifi, upnp technology like in the n80, screen colours will be 32 million with a resolution of 800 x 500 pixels, video will be recorded in dvd quality and display size will be 4 inches. N100 will be the phone of the century
I love this phone, but people should no that the following features are missing (need to be clarified too, maybe some of these features are available and not missing)
1- Battery life is not good or Average
2- No Dual Speakers
3- No Camera Auto Focus
4- No Camera Optical Zoom (only Digital Zoom)
5- Digital Zoom is only for Pictures and not for Video
6- Picture Editor available only and no Video Editor
7- Video fram/Second is only 15 at 352x288 and not 30 frames/second
8- Camera is exposed and not covered (can get dirty)
9-Standard Camra Lens and not the good "Carl Zeiss"
10- No "TV out" to see pictures/video taken on TV (like in Samsung D600)
11- no built-in hands free
12- no PDF viewer
13- Mobiles looks small but in fact its THICK
14- no 3.5mm audio Jack
15- Alarm is not repeatable
16- Keypad not friendly according to one of the reviews
17- chargable through USB ? (yes or no !!)
For people who know more than me, can you please clarify what I have wrote? Any mistake I made?
this phone is cool but the problem is its very expensive 570 euros its really expensive.i think i will go for n70(today)right now.i have laptop what do you yhink guys..........is it a bad idea.n80 is expensive and its price will not go less than 570 due to its features.
thiiis phone is perfect.but 2 problems
- no autofocus
- crappy battery life only 3 hours
all i know is i'm getting an N80 cuz it has wifi, upnp, bluetooth 2.0, dual umts 1900/2100, 3mp, and hey its a nokia, also like the fact you can do almost anything on a series60 platform
Two questions,why N80 doesnt have?
-16mil colour display, like N92?
-Carl Zeis lens,like N90?
I guess for comercial reasons,
just wait untill its succesor (N81?) has all this,
but again imagine with what Sharp will come up to, two years from now;-)
can anyone help me i don't know which one to get the n92 or the n80 they both look so cool but it's a hard decision so please give me an idea of which is better. thanks
this phone looks amazing, it's very small and yet it's packed with features, i'll look into getting one next year in the summer.
it's just so cool.
ha ha ha ha ha ha
no i dont think so....
u will c a THIRD N series come out Later 2006 Early 2007 cant tell u names Nokia just found out and is making a Design....
I donno wht to have N80 or N92 I got N90 now... and its cool but N80 is small which is diffrent in a nokia ha ha ha