koko, 01 May 2009Frankly, the battery is not that great. half hour on n-gage, 1 hour surfing, 1 hour music and ... moreYour battery must be worn out already since you've been using it for over a year now. I recommend that you buy a new battery and experience how it lasts under the latest firmware.
Frankly, the battery is not that great. half hour on n-gage, 1 hour surfing, 1 hour music and low already. I am using my N82 one year and 3 months now and NO complaints except on the battery.
I have Nokia 6220 Classic, with all genuine accesseries with 9month warranty. I want to exchange it with Nokia 5800, Nokia N82 or Nokia N79 . Any body interested, then contact me. 0312-9239090. But set should be in warranty or in good condition.
brasiltashkent, 01 May 2009what phone is the best, n82 or n79?N82 is definitely better than N79. Well, perhaps the N79 has few certain advantages over N82 but when it comes to performance and reliability N82 is definitely way way better. But then again, it boils down to your preference.
A phone with shiny user interface and probably more trendy design - go for N79.
A phone that literally replaces your digicam and packs in a lot more functions - go for N82.
By the way, both phones share almost the same functionalities but one does it and performs better than the other and it's no other than N82.
All I can say is how good of Nokia optimised the software on N82 to prolong its battery life. I do heavy and frequent web browsing on my phone. From full charge, it lasts 6 hours on continuous web browsing via EDGE. Moderate use will even prolong the battery life but I haven't really tested it yet since I'm a power user. Web browsing is the feature that drains the battery the fastest and it yet it still managed to go on for about 6 hours of continuous packet data transfer. The standby time is also great on the latest firmware. Once your battery level is depleted to only one bar, it will still manage to go on for an hour or more on standby. So to conclude, given the small 1050mah battery capacity, N82 is still great in power management and will get you through the day with enough power provided you are on the latest firmware. Can't comment much about wifi. I rarely use wifi on N82! I use EDGE and 3G a lot.
nippy, 01 May 2009to iolo03
please can u help about my problem in wlan connection. thanksyeow nippy, usually WLAN cannot connect if your not close enough to the router, your phone will detect the signal but if your not close enough like within 10 to 15 meters away from the router, you'll have difficult time connecting.
some wifi signals also have limited availability, this depends on the router type, if its to crowded or their were many users, you'll have difficult time connecting to it. this usually happens in malls or some starbucks c",
N82 or N79? Ups, I forget one point...
10. Accelerometer. N82 haaaas. I do not know how useful it is on N82. It has WOW effect, just imagine if people are watching you when using N82 horizonally. Anyone has ideas?
N82, N79, N82, N79....just imaginating if I have one of them :-D
i just have one question for you... how is the battery life on this phone? m planning to buy one, mainly to use its wifi connectivity... what do you suggest? thnx in advance
brasiltashkent, 01 May 2009what phone is the best, n82 or n79?N82 or N79? ehm...it is quite nice question. I do the same this time, so as far as I compare, here we go.
1. Both of them are categorized as expensive phone at the launching time (and perhaps still rather expensive right now).
2. N82 has earlier OS (i.e. symbian 9.2 FP1) and N79 has newer one (i.e. symbian 9.3). So, N79 may have more latest updates on software/firmware.
3. From the design view. N82 seem to be an exclusive phone because not everyone love this design (although it has lots of tech features). N79 seem to be phone for more "the have community" as it has i-pod like design, innovative express-on-back cover (although it may be very disturbing), and bit slim phone. These points is very subjective.
4. So, N79 may have more usability on keypad.
5. N82 has Xenon flash but video light. N79 has dual LED (photo/video light). So, N82 surely have more quality photos, the best one indeed. About video? N82 is better although not the best one. N79 is downside here.
6. Excluding the point 5, the feature is about the same.
7. N82 is available on black only now, N79 is still on white with various color on the back side.
8. N82 may be discontinued, N79 is still new.
9. Both of them is easily scratched...so sad :-D
Personally, if I have extra bucks, I will choose N82 with no doubt.
nippy, 01 May 2009does anybody encounter in wlan connection not available? what happen to it? pls help me how to... moreI can't help you much about your problem. Try to format your phone memory, maybe there's a software that screwed up your phone's WLAN system. If the problem still persists after formatting your phone, then maybe it's a hardware problem. You should have your phone checked on a cellphone shop.
please can u help about my problem in wlan connection. thanks
im so confuse what happen to my wlan connection. it says (no connection available) even theres a spot. its been a week the last time i net using wifi and it's still ok but now... aaron help me what to do.. maybe u can text me 09174112048. i'm also a filipino like you. thanks.
does anybody encounter in wlan connection not available? what happen to it? pls help me how to fix it....i mean theres a spot but i cant connect because no connection available... do i have to reformat m fon? pls help..
aaron can u help me how to fix this. thanks
subho, 30 Apr 2009why u have to use that which is meant for a different device why donot you use nokia video man... moreyeow dude waz up c",
im using this software because it can help me convert videos to fit real player
i have no idea about the video manager from the pc suite, does it convert videos to?
Ash, 01 May 2009Hi Aaron,
U seem to be the expert on N82. I am contemplating on buying this phone. I Have b... more1.It rarely hangs on the latest firmware. It is also quite fast and very responsive in accessing menus and applications. It will only hang if you intentionally run a dozen of RAM hungry applications all at the same time which is not really one would do on average basis. Also if you install alot of applications just like you do on PC then that's the time it will slow down. The golden rule for that is don't install softwares that you don't currently need.
2.N82 is as fast as the likes of 5320, N78, N79 and N85. You won't actually notice the difference in their speed. The contributing factor that affects speed is again, the number of installed softwares to the device.
3.The video quality is the best I've seen on a mobile phone. The only drawback is that it doesn't have a video light for recording videos in low light conditions.
4.When we talk of sound quality headphones-wise, N82 delivers an excellent sonic experience. Yes it's not a music phone. But as far as sound quality is concerned there's nothing I can fault at N82 here. Probably the only thing that left me wanting for more is the volume. I'm used to loud volume because I've had an N91 for more than 2 years. But N82 is indeed a good replacement to a dedicated MP3 player as far as music quality is concerned.
5.I don't know its price in other countries. But in my country, it costs around 360 dollars.
Please help me to select a phone from Nokia n82 and 5800. All the features are seems to be same in both phones, but N82 is having better camera quality. But i love the large screen of 5800 too. But im bit doubtful about the touch screen. Can it use long as N82? i have to always take care of touch screen, have to use a pouch.but 5800 has better battery file than N82.
So guys please help me to select one. N82 or 5800???
aaron, 01 May 2009N82 has a dual processor. The keypad is small but it's not impossible to type on it. I'm actua... moreHi Aaron,
U seem to be the expert on N82. I am contemplating on buying this phone. I Have been a total SE person considering the fact that NOkia hangs quite often and processing speed is slow in most phones. But of late , I came to know that it has a tremendous resale value especially in India, so have decided to go for that. Before that a few clarifications I need from you on the usage of the phone. Please clarify how much ever you can...
1. Does the phone hang ? Or does it take a lot of time to go into some menus. I have noticed that in N72 if you click a messaging menu itself it will take about 30 seconds to go in . Basically is the processing speed good?
2. I have handled Nokia 5320 .. I have not noticed any speed issues in that, s N82 as good?
3. Is the video quality good ?
4. How is the audio output ? I usually listen to music on headphones so as long as it sounds good in headphones am good to go!
5. What is the price difference if I buy in INdia or if I buy in US...would that be a lot ?
Any other significant drawbacks you have noticed during ur usage of the phone pls let me know.
Thanks in advance for responding to my queries.