Got this phone 2 days ago for 600$.
I thought it was the best phone, but I was deceived by its perfoemance:
- Speakers max volume is very very comparing to my old Nokia 6120 classic.This fact is compromised partly by good quality in the hedset.
- The headset enclosed in the pack oesn't feature a remote control.
- The Nokia maps hang the phone if there is no connection (my data plan goes 0).If you use the GPS without network assistance you will have to wait for long (about 10-15 mins indoor)and the coordinates are not precise(compared my home coordinates found by N82 with google earth).There's up to 50 m error.
- The battery is really poor (10 SMS+ 1 hour Gps+ 15 min GPRS + 30 min music + 10 min video + 30 min games + 10 min calls + 30 min menu navigation + a couple of photos = dead battery)
- The only good point is the xenon flash:I managed to shut all the light off in my room and the picture was astonishing.However, The DVD quality isn't by all means a DVD quality:it's OK when viewed in the phone but when you transfer it on TV, it's crap.
- The speed of the phone is a bit lower than my Nokia 6120 classic (339 Mhz against 369 Mhz?)
- The build quality is superb except for The memory card gate (get a bit loose already)
- The camera shuter system is very good
- The keypad is awkward especially the second
row, you have to type with your nails: for big handed this phone is not for you.
In conclusion, The concept of N82 is great but the reality is not that impressive.Hope only for a firmware upgrade that will improve
the battery life.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me
does anyone know if this phone picks up at&t 3g signal in the u.s.? are there more than 1 country that this phone is made? if so, does the answer to my 1st question depend on it? also, does its email program open attachment files such as pictures & word documents?
I bought this phone coz i wonder how did this new Nseries phone will do to my life. This phone is quite expensive but the features really has a place to be. It's wonderful but this phone is kinda bulky. I can't hide it on my pocket, it's like that I have a very big brick to carry on. Could someone invent a phone that is trully loaded of features?
The N96 only have led flash! The rear panel hides a 5-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens and dual LED flash.
Good Luck & I hope you have as much pleasure with this beauty as me!!!!
by looking at the pix of n96, it doesnt have a camera shutter to protect da lense. come on need more candy bar phone here
Don"t waste your time now going on about the N82 as now www.mobile-review.com is showing the N96 it looks like the N81 but a big bigger,an with the xenon flash on it so glad i didn"t sign up for a deal for the N82 now with xmas nearly gone the phons for next year will start being leaked out now
YAY..... I bought my Nokia N82 now, yay... only cost AUD$612 plus AUD$50 for postage. Im so excited, can't wait to get it. Did i mention that I love this forum, there's so much advise you can get from this site and the people out there in mobile land, someone always answers your question, like jetsson for one to mention, thanks. I'll keep you posted with how my model goes. cheers
Here two accelerometer games:
All would be N82 users.
Please not you do not have to worry about memory with this phone. Memory card capacity is upto 32gb when its available.
I have an 8gb HCSD in mine and its the most stable phone. I have 4 gb of music so far and its still fast.
It's avery nice phone,i like it so much..nice battery ,good performance ....really i think it 'll boom
I hate all N phones from Nokia, but for some unknow reason i find myself wanting this handset.
I look better then most of the other hansets i the range.
I've also been playing with one since we got hold of them 3 days ago and i havnt had to charge it.
Would be the only N seires of Nokia handsets that i would buy!
Thanks for getting it right this time!
should've use tjr 9500/ E 90 batts . tjey'll last longer , mind u this is an all oit phone,
maybe even better tahn N 95/E 90
In Philippines, the retail price of this phone in Nokia Store is 28,000 pesos!! wow!! i'll go for this!
i dont know but i feel pretty right about my thought
i used to tell people why do u care about megapixels on ur phone..wen u can just buy a camera...i used to say why do u care about internet wen u can just use your computers...i used to say why do u want an mp3 player on ur phone wen u could buy 1 for like30 dollars
well i was wrong..because deez days...i think nobody wants to carry around a digital camera with them....just like people dont want to carry around an extra pda with them thats not on their phone... i mean how often do we c that...? its the same thing with the camera...so why do people say "why do u care about this on a phone or that on a phone" well we pretty much care because we want an all in one device