This a great phone, no doubt about that! The size is about the same as the nokia N73. Some may think its tick, but it works for me. I got the dummy for this phone in my mobile shop last week, and will hopefully be selling this phone 4th december :D
we do not care what you think of nokia or se. please keep your comment for the n82.
w960 is a very very beatiful phone...no doubt about that...Nokia have never been close to this kind of "pure" design like w960.....
the only Nokia N-serie phone who actually looks ok, is N81.....(but w960 is still more beatiful) :) :)
On uk gadget show tonight they were testing out s/e w960 and 2 other phones (nokia n81+i-phone)and all connected to wifi except s/e w960i ,,After further attempts the s/e crashed live on air..
havnt you guys anything else to say except for "nokia is the best phone on market" ????? he he...why is it best ????? because it have a lot of great features maybe ??? because you like design on N82(keypad example, hrrghhmm)...come with some ideas ..............
Nokias camera, sensor & carl zeiss lens is ok, but definitely not better then Sonys (cybershoot) sensor, lens.....(its actaully worse)
do you know why N95 and N82 pictures comes out with such a high contrast/colors ?????
its NOT because of its camera, its because of its after-editing software, who N95 & N82 use.(you can even see with your own eyes..look at the picture before you save it, then look afterwards...the software fix the very much of its contrast, colors....
(why am i saying this ?? because people think Nokia camera & carl zeiss is the best on earth....speak with a real photographer if you dont believe me...
still produce N82 good pictures, BUT i have allways thought Nokias N-serie pictures have unreal colors..
think its a tuff choice...N82 cost more, its bigger & have worse battery
k850 have not gps & wlan, but looks better (in my opinion) and have MUCH better mediaplayer, (walkman 3,0 + Megabass)
Yh so SE invent the Features in their Phones Nokia just copy them and put ALL THE FEATURES POSSIBLE in the phone ........................
thats the case with K850i to N82
Nokia took the K850i put the Nokia Logo on it..and shuuved the features in it !!!!!!
fraunhoffer the mp3 inventers were supposed to be introducing continuous mp3 playbeck with no stop start between tracks..For example some cds mixes non stop dj style right thru the cd but after each seperate song the software detects it as an individual track so creates a pause between each track instead of continuous playback,,i heard they had solved the problem 2 years ago when they invented 5.1 surround sound using the mp3 format but heard nothing since
totally agree except when you start to talk about things that u might not use like vga video recording(i also think that qvga is enough but if u have the option for VGA its definetly better), gps (might not be the best one in the market but might help u in some cases). so not defending nokia but defending things that are there for u to have a better experience with technology. like why would you need touch screen if u can have buttons?(NOT SAYING THAT N82 HAS TS!!)why bigger resolution if 3 mpx is enough? why more colors on screen if youre fine with the ones u have now? why wifi if edge and 3g (and hsdpa) are also present?.
what i say is that the best cellphones with limited (or focus) features are made by SE but outstanding all-in-one devices are made by NOKIA.
@Adiel,,yes your points are true cant wait for the big shoot out between k850,,n82 samsung g600..
Any way sometimes when i have come to use a non-smartfone the services are just not their for example nipping off the browser to get info off a note or contact details and straight back to the web in seconds,,video editing on my n80 is superb with trimming and joining videos a sinch whereas on non smartfone there is nothing and you cannot add it,all java apps i thru at k800 and samsung d900/g600 were useless with only very few working,, symbian mobile weather app you just press one button and it updates the weather for today and however mant citys you want in seconds,,my ogg player is symbian and berlin guides,divx player is symbian and so on and miss these apps when i use a non-smarfone and just seem to keep getting nokias since my 3650
This is a good phone, got a lots of features, although I can't say that wether loads of features slow down this phone like previous nokia phones..but why do U people think K850 is bad??Here are some things you need to learn.
1. Not everyone in this world need GPS..in many countries its useless.
2. Yes nokia has better video quality but are you a file director or what??why do u need VGA video anyway??I think qvga is enough..I am not shooting no movie.
3. As for the picture its a known fact that SE cams show you what actually is there unlike nokia which automatically apply effects like saturation and contrast so pictures look pleasent BUT accuracy counts folks...SE cams are best because they are accurate,now for a novice users nokia way is better as everything is "ready made" but for a more experience user this approach has no appeal, I for one like to experiment with the pictures, edit them my way not automatically "polished" pictures like nokia cams. You can read the comparison of K800 & N73 to confirm this fact.
Thats why for novice users K850 is not good as you actually have to know what you are doing rather then just point and shoot stuff that nokia offers..and IF you know what are you doing then SE cams are unbeatable. I have w810i and I can guarantee you that I have not seen any nokia with a 2mp cam that can match my cam. K800 beat N73 with a great margin, as for the recent comparison of K850 and N95..the thing nokia fans tend to ignore is that at that time K850 was not a final product...if K800 can stand on its grounds firmly in front of N95 then don't you think its a bit stupid to say that K850 camera sucks???The truth is that K850 has a great camera..but nokia users perhaps don't know how to shoot pictures and want thier cell phone to help them in it and show them an "artificial" image greatly enhanced automatically by built-in effects. So if you are novice user..better stick with nokia.
4. I have used nokia and I am using SE..and I can tell you that nokia is for people who just want everything presented "ready made" on the other hand SE is for those who like to experiment and explore thier mobile. I have W810i and I have modded it so it lacks nothing(except smaller screen size) I have password protected my mobile, am using tons of flash themes and custom icons and believe me no nokia looks that good when I am using the "special" themes and icons, I have modified my audio drivers and have made this set VERY loud to such an extenet that no nokia can compete it in loudness and quality(on headphones), have modded my cam drivers and its superb with every option that a nokia n73 has and there is even a way to convert the format of saved videos to mp4 but I don't need it so have not tried it and all of it has been done WITHOUT symbian os...so who needs that boring os which only causes the mobile to slow down and hang a lot???
I can use internet, send and recieve emails, use mms, watch videos, enjoy high quality music(thats the most important thing) and can rely on the long lasting battery life which is only a dream for the nokia users, what more do you want on a mobile???Unless you need a slow like hell mobile that most of nokias are..not everyone needs symbian os..its not a very stable os.
5. As for the 16m colors, I have said it again and again that 16 million or 256k, on a mobile screen it DOES NOT much difference, the only difference it makes is that the battery dies too early..no proof needed..right?? 256k is more than enough for a mobiel screen and no human eye can differentiate between these colors on mobile screen. I have even seen some SE sets that look much better than nokia screens.
In the end...I would again say that N82 looks promising and got lots of features BUT not everyone in this world need all those features in thier mobiles because the truth is that a mobile CANNOT handle all these features,N95 is an example which has suffered a lot on the performance side because of these tons of features. I need a fast and stable set, jst like my W810i which I have been using for one and a half year and it has never gave me ANY problem even for once.
I have said all this to show you that not everyone is satisfied with the nokia way, even with all those features, everyone has thier own preferences...so stop dissing K850i as it is a great set with everything a mobile SHOULD have just not the fancy extra features like N82..and I belive I can live with that very very happily :-)
Hello i thing the Nokia N82 is the greatest phone, it's like the N95 but better and also the zoom is 20x and on 5megapixel is 6x also the battery is very good and the speakers are amazing.
If this cell phone is so poor, then which one do you suggest? SE? Now that would be a good joke:D You just couldnt leave user opininions without your nonsenses...
This one is great and Im thinking of buying it because it has N95 features & looks far better (my opinion)