if wan to see the OLED screen perform , can go to nseries.com workshop there
yonyon, 05 Dec 2008guys what's the purpose of navi wheel? thanks! ciao!navi wheel can be found in earlier nokia product-7280,7380
Hey Guys! theres a NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE on N85 version 11 before you update your phones kindly back up your files on the phone for safety.
yonyon, 05 Dec 2008guys what's the purpose of navi wheel? thanks! ciao!It's like the Click wheel on the ipod I hear
To all prospective buyers please do not put ur hard earned money on this piece of crap called nokia n85.
This is my personal experience. I bought this mobile for around 500 US dollars but had to sell it after 3 days at 400. No return policy at my place.
1. Loose slider,loose numeric keypad (believe me u can take it out just by putting your nail under its lower end), it is made of very thin cheap plastic. Battery cover is also loose with play.
2. Camera is worse than my earlier n82,lack of xenon flash,poor camera butten,fails to lock focus even on repeated pressing. Poor feel of camera button.
3. OLED screen very poor performance in direct sunlight.
4. USB charger- more wear and tear at single point. The 2mm charger is most durable.
5. Fm transmitter poor signal only a gimmick.
6. Slow fp2 interface,poor graphics(no 3d accelerator)just compare the photo gallery with n82 (n82 has a graphic accelerator and dual processor)
I had to revert back to my old faithful n82 which i think is still the best nokia smartphone.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I would get the N85. A lot of people are upgrading from the N95 8GB and saying it's an improvement. If you have to choose between the N79 and the N85 it's mostly about how much you want to spend and which form factor you prefer. The N85 is slightly better than the N79. It's mostly personal opinion though.
i want to ask if n85 supports voip internet calling
thanx in advance
you are welcome,i hope u will like N85 after u get it
tell me ur opinion after u purchse it and use it
Alex, 04 Dec 2008does this support any type of flash on the web. such as viewing videos on youtube and such All symbian s60 OS 9.3 FP 2 phone can play flash or flv files w/o error,so youtube should nt be a problem for n85,cheers
thanks Kyle for your answer...
now i know what to buy...
i think i have to throw my n70 and SE p1i..
i'm still confuse regarding what to buy?
either n82 or n85?
can anyone help me?
Nokia will release a Linux-based Maemo system in 2009 for some of their N series phones
Ghost, 03 Dec 2008It's made in FinlandWell, Nokia is from Finland, but nowadays, hardly could get our hands on Nokia phones that were made in Finland. Majority of them just say "Made by Nokia", that's the best bet.
does this support any type of flash on the web. such as viewing videos on youtube and such
any problem with OLED screen? yes 2Years Lazy tried Off Light yeach sorry.....
sam, 03 Dec 2008hi guys... pls help... wat fone is better n more durable.... m in need t buy soon
N85 or N7... more@ 2@wP
They are both made out of the same materials but I think N79 is packaged much tighter than N85. But if ur really concern about Nokia durability watch these: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LqB4UdpUoGM