I have N85 for 1,5 years and so far so good. No trouble at all with this phone. put garmin gps on it, work ok.
I got myself a N85-3 (from America) in December 2009. I didn't use it till March. Its been just 3 months and there is already a chink between the C and the menu key even though I've never dropped the phone and it is hardly out of its pouch. I have the latest firmware. The real problem however is that during the last 2 days, the phone speaker (the one for calls, not the stereo speakers) stops working randomly during call. I have no idea what to do about it, its completely random. It starts working randomly or at times doesn't work at all. I don't want to get my phone opened for repairs. I would really appreciate if anyone here tells me what to do.
n85 not bad but it brice so expenciv
the camera.radio.voice ring so so bad
bakhtawar, 22 May 2010i bought a usd n85 n i hav a few problems... The battery lyf is really POOR..Is it a prob with... moreStandard N85 has the real immortal battery (2-3 days living) and if you'll activate power saver you get an extra 12 hours so all you need is to buy 1200 mAh (BL-5K) battery and replace old by new one. what about sound, handset isn't too noisy, sometimes you can't even hear it ringing but in headset it sounds just brilliant. I will dare to say better than Iphone 2G. I've used N85 for a half year and changed it with HTC, what a fool was I :((((
My overall experience is good if i compare it with other h/s. I'm not in to touch screen so i prefer this h/s. Ideally, i intended to purchase N97 however i was advised by the store that to go for N85. i purchased this h/s since it supports N-gage. but after purchasing the h/s i found that i have to buy each game. so i visited an external website and i have purchased 67 games including games available on Ngage and that too at a cheaper rate
its a great fone! it's very fast comparing with n95, n95 8gb and n96. the amoled screen it is amizing! the whi-fi its very fast, it's faster that iphone iven faster than my laptot witch has 2gb of ram and a core 2 duo proceson. what I don't like is the shiny surface witch durdy very fast fron your fingers.
i bought a usd n85 n i hav a few problems... The battery lyf is really POOR..Is it a prob with my battery..? And the sound quality is extremely distorted.. I hav no ngage..and wen i take a pic..whether i keep or delete it.. Theres allways a file in the galery for it while browsing images.. N i cnt delete them.. There not viewable either.. What should i do.?
Well, m a tech freak guy frm delhi who goes for latest cellphone technologies available in market and i examine everything abt a phone very carefully. In sybian phones, i hav used nokia 660, nokia n73, nokia 5320, nokia n95, nokia n79 and nokia n85. I own nokia n85 frm last 8 months and frankly speaking, it is the next best to nokia n95 used by me,
Goods abt nokia n85 -
1. The 2.6 inch Amoled display is the most attractive thing to notice, well, it is one of the brightest screens i hav ever seen wid any nokia symbian phones, bt it is a bit hard to read outdoors in sunlight (bt its a usual problem wid all coloured phones), bt this problem can b rectified by using light coloured themes
2. The processor of nokia n85 is very fast (till date) and the software of nokia n85 does trouble anybody much as it does nt hangs tht much like other symbian phones (nokia n79 has a really poor software update)
3. Nokia n85 has a 3.5 mm universal music jack. U can use any branded earphones like Sony, senheiser to get more better enhanced music experience.The music quality s very gud in earphones.
4. Th integrated 5 megapixel camer is awesome. The pictures clicked are very nice and crisp and dnt break in pixels when viwed on a computer. Th LED flash is very powerful and brightest than many 5 megapixel phones available in the market
3. Nokia n85 has got everything u want in a phone, its a complete package phone with everything in it. For example Bluetooth, wi-fi, GPS, 3G.Ask for any feature , nd u will get tht in nokia n85 fitted with 8gb memory card
1, The speaker volume is very low (if u like playing music without earphones)
2. The battery is not tht much sufficient for people like me, who uses internet on cellphone all the time, It lasts a full single day till i hav to reach my charger. Also the charger of nokia n85 is different frm other nokia phones and u cant find charging options while travelling if u forget ur charger at home
3. Nokia n85 doesnt support AVI format videos. Though AVI videos can b played using a 3rd party softwares like smartmovie. I think nokia shud think abt this and bring this feature in upcoming models
4. The price of nokia n85 is a bit high ( i dnt knw why nokia n85 is priced at around Rs 19000 INR and nokia n79 at Rs 11500 INR and there are only slight feature differences and design)
OVERALL VERDICT - If u dnt like phones like nokia n97, nokia n97 mini, then nokia n85 will b the best option for u. U will love to have this phone in ur hand and u will never think to sell this phone ever ever, Its a must buy phone.
If this phone is discontinued, then u can opt for ebay to buy it
Anand, 08 May 2010my N85 showing a message indicator in its right side on screen from last 10 days, & it is ... morego to your inbox and then in options.you will get an option called "sim messages" open that and then delete anyone message and the blink should go away!!
post thaNKS TO email@example.com
axely, 19 May 2010i want to buy n85 but i think n82 is best Don´t buy this phone, crash all the time and has a lame camera
i want to buy n85 but i think n82 is best
rav, 15 May 2010i have n95 8gb and now goin to buy n85.. what is the best one ..pls reply firstname.lastname@example.org is suprb when compared with n95
rav, 15 May 2010i have n95 8gb and now goin to buy n85.. what is the best one ..pls reply email@example.comU can get N86 8MP instead of n85. B"coz it has enhanced features like upgrated o.s., 8mp with 28mm camera, 23 n-gage games etc.
Anonymous, 26 Aug 2008another highend phone from nokia,looks good, better than n95 i have n95 8gb and now goin to buy n85.. what is the best one ..pls reply
Please i need help, my N85 fm transmitter refuse to turn on, even when i tried to transmit music, it will give me an option to activate fm transmitter? even when i click on yes, still it won't activate. any body with this kind of problem before?
i have bought this phone from qatar. while i inserted sim, it showing me that `sim registration failed' i dont know why it`s happening. i am using this mobile in india. please help me....
Yahyus, 12 May 2010Plz does N85 has RAM? what's d size of d RAM?yes 128mb
really ilike this phone sooo much it's amazing one
really ilike this phone sooooo much it's amazing one
Plz does N85 has RAM? what's d size of d RAM?