hello everyone,just wanted to ask to all n85 users that did all of you got tv out cable from the box.i bought it yesterday from nokia priority store but didnt got it.it is manufactured on may 2009.did nokia stopped giving it or is it something else.good that i have my n79s cable or i would have to buy one.pls answer.t
Hamza S, 22 Jun 2009N85 is a copy of N96.If you want to buy N85.INSTEAD, buy N96.because n85 is exactly a copy of ... morebut N96 don't have AMOLED screen but it has default TFT and that means N85 better in viewing video and pictures with a good resolution also this screen saving power ...
Hamza S, 22 Jun 2009N85 is a copy of N96.If you want to buy N85.INSTEAD, buy N96.because n85 is exactly a copy of ... moreN96 is slower, bulkier and unreasonably costlier than N85.. prefer N85 over N96.. otherwise ur life literally sucks..
Hamza S, 22 Jun 2009N85 is a copy of N96.If you want to buy N85.INSTEAD, buy N96.because n85 is exactly a copy of ... moreuh no. n96 does not have oled screen the n85 does.
N85 is a copy of N96.If you want to buy N85.INSTEAD, buy N96.because n85 is exactly a copy of the n96 , even the design is the same!
Mufassir, 21 Jun 2009Dear all the reviewers,
It is nice to hear from you because you give people the knowledge a... moreI am an N85 user and I strogly agree with u..
i like the n85!!! its a great phone. great features.
Hey guys i really could use some help here.. I want to buy a N85, but wat i want to know if the n95 8gb s beter.. so which one to choose?
Mufassir, 21 Jun 2009Dear all the reviewers, It is nice to hear from you because you give people the knowledge a... moreVery good info / tips. Keep it up.
Dear all the reviewers,
It is nice to hear from you because you give people the knowledge about the phones. BUT, please make sure you don't put a review based on your theory. Please make sure that you have used all the sets before comparing / complaining / suggesting.
Comparison between N82 & N85
* 82 is bar phone whereas 85 has (dual) slide design
* 82 has Xenon flash whereas 85 has dual LED flash (82 better)
* The OS of 85 is better (cause it is newer) than 82
* 82 has better quality material body than 85
* 85 has better quality Keypad than 82 (just my opinion)
I have used both of the sets (I use 85, my mom use 82). What I found about the camera is, that 82 detects (and captures) red color as pink, whereas 85 takes it as red. 82 doesn't charge from data cable, but 85 does (new updated OS). The lower portion of the buttons on the upper part of 85 gets cracked within a few months. The Keypad of 82 is painful (it hurts when you use it for a long time, but if you get used to it, it is fine [my mom got used to it, though she doesn't sms a lot like I do :P]).
Most of the 85 users have complain about the screen view, specially in the direct sunlight. But my guess is, you guys (like I did) are using Power Saving Mode. Believe me, turn that option off, you will be able to see it in day-time [OLED is less viewable than LED screen under direct sunlight].
82 has better sound quality than 85 (both in loud speakers & in headphones). But if you change the upper part of the headphone (the ear-piece, I changed it with my old n73 ear-piece), you will notice that the quality is increased while you are listening through hands-free.
Some of the users complained that their phone hangs a lot. Believe me, I am using 85 for last 4 month & it didn't disturb for a single seconds. So those of you who are facing problems, please contact NOKIA and try to replace the unit.
Someone here in gsmarena said that the 85 supports 16GB max. Please note that the information is wrong. I checked the NOKIA website and it confirmed me that it supports only 8GB memory.
Some tips (most of them are known by the symbian users):
1. Make sure you switch the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi off when you are NOT using the functions.
2. Exit the applications instead of minimizing them (press "exit" while exiting an applications. To view minimized applications press and hold menu key & exit the applications by highlighting them and pressing "C" key followed by left soft key).
3. Camera flash (specially video flash) takes a lot of battery power. A full charged unit can last upto 10 mins of continuous video with video light.
4. listening to music reduces battery life.
5. Browsing also reduces battery life.
I am NOT telling that you HAVE TO stop listening to music & browse the net with the unit, BUT you'll have to bear in your mind that this is a phone, neither a music player device nor a camera device. So use the other functions based on your use of call.
6. Transfer ALL your data (specially pictures & Videos, both taken with the cam & downloaded from net) to your PC once in a while. DO NOT fill up your memory (it is better to keep at least 20% of your memory for fluent operations. 7% is a MUST).
7. Make sure all your messages (SMS, MMS, e-mails etc) are saved into the memory card to reduce pressure on your phone memory. To do this, go to Menu > Messaging > Option > Settings > Other, then change the memory.
8. Make sure your camera and recorder saves the files in the memory card.
9. DO NOT format your memory card supplied with the unit. It contains some important applications which reduces the chance of getting virus in your memory card.
10. DO NOT connect the memory card with your PC with a card reader. If you need to copy something in your memory card, copy it through the phone using PC Suite mode.
If you can manage the things I mentioned above, NOT ONLY you'll be able to use n85, but ALL the smart phones. Try to detect YOUR needs first (phone calling device, camera device, music device, office device etc), then choose which phone goes the most with your needs. Various phones provides various options. Not all of them will satisfy your needs. So make sure you choose the right one before starting to actually nag about NOT giving the facilities you want. Every phone has its own target market. If you don't like the set, that means that you are NOT the target customer. But please, don't start babbling around for anything you see. Be constructive about what you say, please.
why does the n85 haveso poor sound? I can't even hear it sometimes. Is this a problem of my phone or all of them have a bad sound quality and loudness
Anonymous, 20 Jun 2009@Everyone considering getting the N85 Wait for the N86, it's quite an improvement, really!but n86 seems uglier.. :P
Richard, 20 Jun 2009I have bought two of these N85 phones brand new and have experienced the same on both phones, ... moretry backing up your information on Nokia Pc suite , then reformat the memory card. Re-install your stuff This really solved my problems. From now on install apps or stuff only to memory card. Change messaging/sms to use memory card. Now u should be able to enjoy the N85.
After a months use, it did hang again but I deleted some messages from the sent/received folder and it's working fine.
Hope this helps.
@Everyone considering getting the N85
Wait for the N86, it's quite an improvement, really!
I have bought two of these N85 phones brand new and have experienced the same on both phones, both from different companies first blurry photos with white lines down the side, then phone freezes won't let you back out of certain functions and also freezes playing music.
Nokia better get their act together as this is an expensive phone!!! I don't know how anyone can rate this phone as 8.5 I would rate it as "Don't Buy".
The person above me...
Yes it is OLED....plz read the review...!!
Question, 16 Jun 2009No. .oled or Amoled is the same meaning. .if u check in glossary. .u will find amoled n no oled. .this one is oled?
I want to choose between N85, N79 & 6220C. Whats the best option as far as video camara quality and music is concerned..?
I am glad someone else is having problems with the camera photographs mine are appearing blurry and I als have the white line along the top of my pics. I have also had problems with the phone locking and have done a master reset which did not improve the problems I was having. Surely there are other uses out there having problems with this model?
Log in I forgot my password Sign up