aaron, 03 May 2009Don't forget the N95 8GB has a lot of disadvantages also. Lack of a lens cover, inconvenient p... moreI agree with aaron.
My previous post was :
I bought this device last week. Everything looks good so far. Great things about this device :
1) 5.0 MP Carl Zeiss lens - Camera
2) No problems so far with slide
3) Good Music Player, headphones.
4) A lot of others.
Some issues cause me a concern :
1) Network intercept - I have a T-Mobile connection and it is very week in my house.Only my bedroom brings 3-5 bars on any mobile(including N85). The problem occurs when I move my N85 from a room having no network to my bedroom. N85 should intercept T-mobile and show me atleast 3 bars in couple of minutes(on Automatic Network selection) but it shows none till eternity. After I giveup, shut down and restart the device, it immediately shows 3 bars. It seems the Automatic Network selection doesnt work on my N85. Did someone else face the similar issues?
2) The Auto-Rotate feature works inefficiently - Sometimes, it doesnot recognize the I have changed its position from horizontal to vertical !! The only way to bring back the device to Vertical Position is to go to Tools and reset the Auto Rotate feature to off. If this does not happen then restart offcourse.
3) The Naviwheel is a joke.
4) The battery drains out within 24 hrs without using a lot of features, dont know why!! Need to recharge everynight.
5) Wi-Fi doesnt work everyplace where laptop Wi-Fi works!!
6) The plastic buttons on top needs to be pressed twice (sometimes thrice) to work.
1) Not a N85 issue. I found it was T-mobile responsible more than N85. AT&T works gr8.
2) Auto-Rotate working fine when the device is hold in hand rather than on a table. The device has to be absolutely vertical in yr hand and then turn the device exactly 90% on the left side. Then it works fine everytime.
3) Gave up experimenting on this.
4) I found the device continously scanning for Wifi Netwrks. Once, I switched it off, the battery stayed for 2 complete days (Fine by me).
5) Still true. But, in good range of any wireless network wi-fi is working fine.
6) I found that first click brings the focus on the screen so it lits up and second click does what it is supposed to do.
As far as liking the device is concerned, it has gone up. I am very fond of the FM Transmitter, since I can use it in my Car stereo very well and the output is not bad. Satisfactory. (1.5 hrs Trnsmitter cuts battery by .5 days = 1.5 days).
So far, I dont think the devide is as bad as some other describe. It hasnt given me a lot of problems so far(touchwood).
Don't forget the N95 8GB has a lot of disadvantages also. Lack of a lens cover, inconvenient placement of the 3.5mm jack and GPS receiver, lack of memory card expansion slot, bulk and thickness, outdated design to name a few are some of its disadvantages. If ever there is a phone that is closest to being complete, that is N85!
I just bought Nokia N85 a few months ago and it accidentally broken down, when I recharged battery it didn't work properly. The level of battery didn't shown and the brand name, Nokia, sometimes shown and don't on the screen. I didn't drop it or make it wet at all. I don't know what is wrong with it.
FYI: N85 owners
this phone is compatible with Nokia Mobile TV Receiver SU-33W that can allow you to receive DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting via Bluetooth on the device, watch your favorite mobile TV programs and channels while on the go, enjoy excellent reception with the integrated antenna, receive voice calls while watching TV without interrupting what you’re watching.
i brought new nokia n85 but the problem is valume is low if any bodys calling i dont hear the ring tone pls let know how to increase the ring tone?
Nokia N85 Is a very cool phone, but also the black edition is bad build. I have it. I own it for 4 days and my frontpanel has been broken of the phone. Now it is at the repair center to replace the front panel
ok you can wait for the black version but not every copper n85 is buggy.i own it and believe it i use everything on this phone and it works perfect.i work in a vodafone store and i am not a common user.
Guys, why don't you just wait until the new batch of N85 with black rear casing and probably better build quality gets available in the market? N85 is a good phone. The only problems it has are buggy software and foul build quality. Give N85's software a time to mature and its full potential will eventually be realized. And also, I think it's worth waiting for the total black N85. Usually, the first batch of units have poor build quality that will soon be addressed to the upcoming batch. I'm also planning to buy this phone. I'm just waiting for the black version.
Would never ever recomend this phone to anyone.I am very dissapointed about this phone.Spend money for nothing.VERY BAD!!! had alots of issues about it.had to repair it alot.The main problem was about usb and charger...It got broken and Nokia care had never repaired it again!!They simply failed to repair the phone.As for the features...5 megapixeles cam is too bad... Now I am going to switch from Nokia to SONY ERICSSON!Their phones are far more stylish and strong.
pascal, 28 Apr 2009i know that there is a new one 11.047 but i dont know if it is a good update.i still use the ... morethanks a lot for your reply...
Anyways I went ahead and upgraded my Phone with the new version..I didnot find any differences till now.. but I can say my mobile has stopped from getting restarting-on-its-own problem..
I have a some problem in my new nokia85 mobile that i have set my mobile in full volume but i dont hear when someboys calling me. I want to increase volume but how i can ? Pls response to me
I have this phone and have found it to be an amzing handset, is australia there have been problems with the vodafone and optus software packages as numbers not names come up when recieving texts, but this can easily be resolved by going to generic software version instead which has also improoved my battery life
A solid phone with new feature pack 2 as N96..also the upcoming new models will be using the same platform. overall experience for this model for more than a mth,so far so good,faster interface,do not hang easily as previous model and reasonable speaker volume..best model so far from nokia.